• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Asteroid Belt (SAAB)

DeletedUser5097

So, on 1st map there's only small and middle deposits? No big one?
How about 2nd map, anyone fully explored it yet?
I can confirm one big astroid ice side, but you have to take at least 7 provinces on the second map
down before you can reach it

Edit,

I can confirm this astroid ice sides on the second map:
1x Big astroid ice side
2x Medium astroid ice sides

Currently I'm working on getting over to the 4th and final astroid ice side. The final Astroid ice side
is the last province of SAAB maps. It looks to be an big astroid ice side, but I can't confirm this yet,
since I did not reach it yet

I also can confirm 2x 250 diamonds loot from provinces and 1 expansion

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm one big astroid ice side, but you have to take at least 7 provinces on the second map
down before you can reach it

Edit,

I can confirm this astroid ice sides on the second map:
1x Big astroid ice side
2x Medium astroid ice sides

Currently I'm working on getting over to the 4th and final astroid ice side. The final Astroid ice side
is the last province of SAAB maps. It looks to be an big astroid ice side, but I can't confirm this yet,
since I did not reach it yet

I also can confirm 2x 250 diamonds loot from provinces and 1 expansion

cool, a screenshot for the 2nd map once you clear it would be much appreciated!

, nice - is it 300 to 400 Ice total with 24 hour rotation?

, I think this was mentioned some where and I cant find it , - How many Diamond expansion?
I haven't collected enough credits to try the largest one yet, it needs 17k. The smallest one on the first map rewards 2 ice, the medium ones give from 19-29 (small sample size).

It's 3 diamond expansions, no clue what they cost since the city came with none of them unlocked and I used the diamonds for other things.

Natalia1

Squire
Why lock the Mars Ore ressources???
The Harbors are -with good reason- yet accessable.
I suggest to simply unlock the Mars Ore ressources and allow fighting there only with units up to SAM

Completely agree. And the coin and supply costs for producing Mars Ore are way too high

1BFA

Viceroy
Completely agree. And the coin and supply costs for producing Mars Ore are way too high

It looks like Inno is trying their best to slow down folks completing tech in SAAB and then having to wait for year or two for next age. The only way it seems now to completing the tech is to use special buildings for goods and stay in SAM and make enough ore for SAAB tech and more.

DeletedUser10037

Well then you make the wrong decision.
With my current level 80 ST. Markus, 81 Lighthouse from Alexandria and 80 RAH i still have no issues.
My coin stand is at the moment by 7,9 Billion and the cost per FP by 1.200.000 coins.

So i also bought some FP and have no problems with that and if that so i put them on level 100 or above.
Problem fixed

The main problem is stil that crappy reccuring quest. How we shoulf farm effectiv goods without takeing any risks?

dpghost

Steward
OMG, it seems that I am wrong, there are enough people brain-dead to keep Colosseum and Notre-Dame in their cities
The same people will actually pay a 3 digit SAAB goods in order to get ONE diamond reward. Amazing...
The same player did notice that a player needs 50 k SAAB goods in order to finish the research?
And for the poor us that have a Chateau leveled enough to get a decent bonus on recurrent quest to earn our needed goods
Anyway, you proved me wrong, when I said that we are not idiots enough, and I will make amends.
Suckers never die, they just change, lol

Anyway for the more serious players, those that stepped in SAAB, did a mistake and will probably pay for that.
Those that want to learn - do not research, remain in SAM and conquer the SAAB map with sentinels and steel wardens (Inno is helping us big time by designing the SAAB army so bad)
You will have both Mars Ore (400 up to 500 a day) and SAAB ice to harvest at decent rates

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As for the RQs, in the current list:

Belt Issues:
((Win 20 Battles) or (Solve very complex negotiation)) AND (pay lots of goods)
Ignore because of last clause unless desperate for diamonds,

Education Investment:
Buy 20 FP and pay some supplies.
Viable but not great.

Space Production:
Finish 6 24 hr productions.
Same as mars, it's an option.

History of Earth:
(4 Incidents) or (4 antique dealer exchanges)
Can be completed every 2 hours in antique dealer with some cheap crap. Probably 2-3 times a day with incidents. Interesting addition

Astronaut Training:
(Recruit 5 units of current age) or (pay lots of goods)
None of the barracks seem super-useful for making this a main quest, but you can probably keep it as one of your waiting to completes while you do GBG or GE. Seems fine. Ignore the goods option.

Space Food:
8 productions in a Space Farm
Strictly speaking an upgrade from the 1 hr production quests from VF and Mars. Space need is the same as the mars one, but you can run them on 5 minutes instead of 1 hr. Probably not what most people are looking for, but an option.

Victory Streak:
12 wins in a row
One other age they tried out something like this but then tied gathering goods to it as well. Very usable if you can farm GvG. Several quests a day from farming your hood and/or GE and/or GBG.

Belt Transfer:
(Gain 30000 population) or (pay lots of goods)
Gain population quests are best done by having spare population and building and then selling population users. This is a lot of population so it's not going to be an attractive option, but it's doable. I think it was OF where I used to do one of these that required a smaller population swing (that quest got unflagged as a recurring eventually for being too usable)

Law and Goods:
((Defeat Large Army) or (Finish 15 5 minute productions)) AND (Gather 500 goods)
Viable with help. The large army defeat is a free condition so you just need a market plumped up with circular trades you can flip back and forth. I did this in one of the ages with (Win X Fights) and (Gather Goods).

Belt Court:
((Defeat Very Large Army) or (Complex Negotiation)) AND (4 hour production 8 times)
Maybe occasionally usable in combination with Space Food (use 4 hour productions when going away for a bit/overnight?)

Collaborating Planets:
(Gather 1.4M supplies) AND (Gather 2.2M coins)
Only gather quest in the age to occasionally get bonuses from your quest completions. Should complete decently often, but hurts that this was multiple quests in earlier ages that you could be individually completing for supplies or coins.

Smart Colonists:
(Spend 200 FP)
Same as Mars. Fine

Investments:
(Spend 150 FP)
Better than Mars. And can do two spend FP quests at once without additional condition of buying FP.

Peace in the Belt:
(Defeat 40 Units) or (Complex Negotiation)
Another really easy fight quest.

Social Actions:
(Aid 30) or (Spend 400 Tavern Silver)
Few more free quests a day. If you're a guild hopper at times then while doing so this could be a TON of quests.

I don't see the 'impossibility' of questing at all that people continue to rant about:
a) Spend FP quests are improved and that's what most people loop on anyways
b) 1 hr productions in rocket testing sites improved to any-length productions (Space Food) in about the same amount of area invested.
c) Battle-looping has 2 good quests without the hooks to slow you down to go gather goods as well (Victory Streak and Peace in the Belt). No shortage of places to come up with battles in-game.
d) There's a few other quests that are fine to just leave float as a bonus while doing various activities (Social Actions, Astronaut Training, History of Earth)

Things missing:
a) Unbirthday Party - but it's been getting worse and worse in every age anyways - if you do unbirthdays and have no supplies, that's why you have no supplies - i consider it a public service that I'll stop accidentally paying for it in my AB world out of habit because I do it on my low age world every time it passes ;) Also Education Investment is effectively an expensive unbirthday - buying 20 FP is a coin cost, and it asks you to pay supplies.
b) Multiple coin/supply gathering quests. Unfortunate but imo outweighed by the advantages.

There is only 1 quest I've rated as an outright skip: Belt Issues having no alternative to paying lots of goods.

While the goods/negotiation options don't present added value to me personally perhaps there's people out there who have too many goods and need to convert them to supplies for instance? Hear a lot of people exclaiming supply costs are too high at times. And they're only a *requirement* for 1 quest.

Overall I consider the SAAB quests a reason to jump as it stands. I'm half-expecting more nerfs, but hoping not :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser8707

Belt Issues:

Education Investment:
Viable but not great.

Space Production:

History of Earth:
Can be completed every 2 hours in antique dealer with some cheap crap. Probably 2-3 times a day with incidents. Interesting addition

Astronaut Training:
None of the barracks seem super-useful for making this a main quest, but you can probably keep it as one of your waiting to completes while you do GBG or GE. Seems fine. Ignore the goods option.

Space Food:
Strictly speaking an upgrade from the 1 hr production quests from VF and Mars. Space need is the same as the mars one, but you can run them on 5 minutes instead of 1 hr. Probably not what most people are looking for, but an option.

Victory Streak:
12 wins in a row
One other age they tried out something like this but then tied gathering goods to it as well. Very usable if you can farm GvG. Several quests a day from farming your hood and/or GE and/or GBG.

Belt Transfer:
Gain population quests are best done by having spare population and building and then selling population users. This is a lot of population so it's not going to be an attractive option, but it's doable. I think it was OF where I used to do one of these that required a smaller population swing (that quest got unflagged as a recurring eventually for being too usable)

Law and Goods:
((Defeat Large Army) or (Finish 15 5 minute productions)) AND (Gather 500 goods)
Viable with help. The large army defeat is a free condition so you just need a market plumped up with circular trades you can flip back and forth. I did this in one of the ages with (Win X Fights) and (Gather Goods).

Belt Court:
((Defeat Very Large Army) or (Complex Negotiation)) AND (4 hour production 8 times)
Maybe occasionally usable in combination with Space Food (use 4 hour productions when going away for a bit/overnight?)

Collaborating Planets:
Only gather quest in the age to occasionally get bonuses from your quest completions. Should complete decently often, but hurts that this was multiple quests in earlier ages that you could be individually completing for supplies or coins.

Smart Colonists:
(Spend 200 FP)
Same as Mars. Fine

Investments:
(Spend 150 FP)
Better than Mars. And can do two spend FP quests at once without additional condition of buying FP.

Peace in the Belt:

Social Actions:
Few more free quests a day. If you're a guild hopper at times then while doing so this could be a TON of quests.

I don't see the 'impossibility' of questing at all that people continue to rant about:
b) 1 hr productions in rocket testing sites improved to any-length productions (Space Food) in about the same amount of area invested.
c) Battle-looping has 2 good quests without the hooks to slow you down to go gather goods as well (Victory Streak and Peace in the Belt). No shortage of places to come up with battles in-game.
d) There's a few other quests that are fine to just leave float as a bonus while doing various activities (Social Actions, Astronaut Training, History of Earth)

Things missing:
a) Unbirthday Party - but it's been getting worse and worse in every age anyways - if you do unbirthdays and have no supplies, that's why you have no supplies - i consider it a public service that I'll stop accidentally paying for it in my AB world out of habit because I do it on my low age world every time it passes ;) Also Education Investment is effectively an expensive unbirthday - buying 20 FP is a coin cost, and it asks you to pay supplies.
b) Multiple coin/supply gathering quests. Unfortunate but imo outweighed by the advantages.

There is only 1 quest I've rated as an outright skip: Belt Issues having no alternative to paying lots of goods.

While the goods/negotiation options don't present added value to me personally perhaps there's people out there who have too many goods and need to convert them to supplies for instance? Hear a lot of people exclaiming supply costs are too high at times. And they're only a *requirement* for 1 quest.

Overall I consider the SAAB quests a reason to jump as it stands. I'm half-expecting more nerfs, but hoping not :)
Agreed what you say, but I see only,

Smart Colonists:
(Spend 200 FP)
Same as Mars. Fine

Investments:
(Spend 150 FP)

Collaborating Planets:

, and really missing way convert useless stuff to goods with Pay xxx coins/supplies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I might do Space Food - haven't decided yet. Partly depends on my mood near release.

I will probably use Victory Streak+Peace in the Belt extensively early on to get my initial goods up.

And I'll get some use out of Social Actions, History of Earth, Astronaut Training

Smart Colonists + Investments is only going to be a small contributor for me (smallish guild with a slow 1.9).

And as I noted: "Education Investment" is basically pay coins and supplies. Just a much higher amount of coins, but you also always get 20 FP from it.

CrashBoom

Legend
Do we still get 10fp or more as part of RQ?
yes the 10 FP are still there as reward

The main problem is stil that crappy reccuring quest. How we shoulf farm effectiv goods without takeing any risks?
the way Inno wants you to
use the colony

goods buildings are now 6, I repeat 6 times better than normal goods buildings in the city

in Mars colony it was possible to have 12 buildings.
run in 8h, 8h, 4h
make 1800 goods in the colony (mars was only 3 times effective. only 900)

and for all people who believe in REAL fair trade
100 SA:AB goods are for that reason = 50 SAM goods o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Nessie

Baronet

Belt Issues:

Education Investment:
Viable but not great.

Space Production:

History of Earth:

Astronaut Training:

Space Food:

Victory Streak:
12 wins in a row

Belt Transfer:

Law and Goods:

Belt Court:

Collaborating Planets:

Smart Colonists:
(Spend 200 FP)
Same as Mars. Fine

Investments:
(Spend 150 FP)

Peace in the Belt:

Social Actions:

Things missing:

This all might be right, however there is one important point: it's too many clicks between rqs! Reduce the recurrent quests please Innogames, we already spend too much time with your game :p

now that i see the exact effects of these recurring quests, i think it's not at all too bad at all... sure we'll miss our unbirthdays but it's not a game-breaker. and i guess we'll just have to boost each other's GB's more often then instead, also not a bad conclusion :p