• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Why don't the forums getting mentioned in announcements anymore?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Simple question for either a CM or staff member. Since the shortcut from game to the forum was removed and reported on the forum. With the only somewhat of an answer hinted at that it's intended and a well liked request to include the forum in announcements for giving feedback goes completely and obviously ignored by the CM. Judging from the post by the CM later on summarising the given feedback but excluding such a simple request.
This rises this question: why? If the answer is that the forums are planned to be removed. Than why act so dodgy, ignoring questions and requests regarding it or giving vague answers. Why and when will this happen? Also how will the issue that discord is a walled platform be resolved? Since nonmembers will be denied excess to information about the game found on discord, assistance, strategies/tactics discussed, etc.

These forums are open for everybody to view, but only players with a registered account on the beta playserver are allowed to post. That is okay.

If you look at the current users on the forums, there are 170 users, of which 13 members and 157 guests. So, 7,6% are actual known members and 92,4% are lurkers.
Before I registered here, I was one of those lurkers. The beta forums were an important source of easily accessible information. But Discord is closed off behind a registration wall. I'm not interested in Discord and don't want to register for yet another website. I prefer forums like it's the year 2005.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
These forums are open for everybody to view, but only players with a registered account on the beta playserver are allowed to post. That is okay.

If you look at the current users on the forums, there are 170 users, of which 13 members and 157 guests. So, 7,6% are actual known members and 92,4% are lurkers.
Before I registered here, I was one of those lurkers. The beta forums were an important source of easily accessible information. But Discord is closed off behind a registration wall. I'm not interested in Discord and don't want to register for yet another website. I prefer forums like it's the year 2005.
I'm completely on the same boat but couldn't formulate it as well. Guess we'll have to submit our questions and request to include the forum links in the announcements again to support. Since ever since the staff is questioned and requested to address this has either met dodgy, vague responses at best but mostly now active ignorance. I'm not reddering with the active ignorance to this specific thread. I'm referring to it since this post. Since there was time to summarise the feedback from the new settlement, there was time to acknowledge the request and noting it down. So, no excuses on that front possible.

This is btw not a personal attack or anything personal. It's just an worrying observation of active ignorance

Kronan

Viceroy
Yeah, it does feel like the handwriting is on the wall for the forum's longevity and role in the FoE gaming empire... No one's going to tell us that now, but just read the tea leaves, and don't be an ostrich....