• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion where do you spend your "Finish Special Productions"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Spawners ain't like that OP. First of all 1-5% of participants of a specific event gets them. Besides it's an 1-time deal. Even with the smithy as an example it's not that OP. It's potential is restricted due to the special levels. Jesters can speed up the number of collections in an given time, exponentially with smithy the special levels restrict this potential.
Other spawners have similar flaws. Though the strongest of them all comes from football: the spawners don't require an road connection. The buildings it produces over time don't require roads either and those buildings can produce finish special productions. Which offers them an stronger potential.
As for the other spawners. The way I'm looking on it is that they're basically additional grand buildings for top1% of event participants with a major delay. Even though they're strong, limited space and an never ending arms race towards more powerful event buildings significantly undermines their potential.

Will-em

Merchant
To be fair, I am actually gathering them up for the champions tower lvl 2, for an advanced amount of guild goods. On the live worlds I am focussed on being as supportive as possibly can with the amount of guild goods I produce.
If not using for that purpose, I would be using them on my golden Labs for a piece of everything (goods, goods prev era, FP, fragments and ofcourse again the guild goods).

Smietanka11

Farmer
Imo the jest choice is panda sanctuary with full chain of 33 FP addons (max that u can fit). Every Item that you throw at it is worth on average about 436,8FP and 126 resources from you age (assuming that your BG is lvl80 and you have the forgotten temple).

shad2389

Viceroy
used min to get fragments of archi-druid hut fragments from my druid hut now they just sit in my inventory when i get them till i'll need them for something similar that give fragments i want

Imo the jest choice is panda sanctuary with full chain of 33 FP addons
Yes, that's my long term plan too. When I need FP for any reason, I'll build that chain (or a better one if exists in future), placing all the temples (why just one?) and using all my collected "finish special production" kits. Not sure about the galaxy usage because of the effort doing all these things between city collection.

But the short term plan is a fast growth of those jester stages to collect a large amout of their kits each day when finished.

Smietanka11

Farmer
Yes, that's my long term plan too. When I need FP for any reason, I'll build that chain (or a better one if exists in future), placing all the temples (why just one?) and using all my collected "finish special production" kits. Not sure about the galaxy usage because of the effort doing all these things between city collection.

But the short term plan is a fast growth of those jester stages to collect a large amout of their kits each day when finished.

Hell yeah and they just dropped this mini-event with forgotten temple as a reward . Who knows how mamy we'll be able to hamster to pull this off?

ironsage

Merchant
I used it on trailside smithy till I had 5 sunhavens and now I am using it evenly till I have 5 vineyards and 4 Halloween buildings, note that I didn't use bg on trailside when I would get summerhold Manor sel.kit. only on sunhaven golden upgrade kit

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If the blue lagoon was in either cash passes or fragments of it during each event as an late milestone reward, I would've saved it up for BG+blue lagoon on an awesome top1% spawner. Getting at once 10 collections with at least :x2: and potentially even:x4: when very lucky with BG. Effectively getting at most a little more than 5 selection kits at once, for each blue lagoon.
Personally I would've find the cash passes in such an case, significantly more appealing. Though it greatly depends on the grand buildings spawned from an top1% spawner.

CrashBoom

Legend
If the blue lagoon was in either cash passes or fragments of it during each event as an late milestone reward, I would've saved it up for BG+blue lagoon on an awesome top1% spawner. Getting at once 10 collections with at least :x2: and potentially even:x4: when very lucky with BG. Effectively getting at most a little more than 5 selection kits at once, for each blue lagoon.
Personally I would've find the cash passes in such an case, significantly more appealing. Though it greatly depends on the grand buildings spawned from an top1% spawner.
with cobald blue lagune (if I have 2)
I would finish the Trailside Smithey (with FSP) until the next production gives golden fragments (FoeHelper)
then collect the 2 lagunes in a row. making the next collection a :x4:
then collect the Blue Galaxy. maybe another :x2:

so for sure 80 golden fragments, maybe 160 :cool:

would solve my problems with too less golden upgrades
(after finishing the last building with the golden upgrade I now have 980 normal fragments but 0 golden fragments)

and do that 5 days (5 times the cobald blue lagunes can be collected)

Smietanka11

Farmer
Are you sure that spending those items on getting frags is more cost-effective though? I mean, each time you spend an item to get more fragments, you sacrifice a few hundred FP that could've been obtained from panda shrine.
I didn't do the math but it really seems that the gap between those 2 choices is too big to ever be compensated by the sped-up production of fragments.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Are you sure that spending those items on getting frags is more cost-effective though? I mean, each time you spend an item to get more fragments, you sacrifice a few hundred FP that could've been obtained from panda shrine.
I didn't do the math but it really seems that the gap between those 2 choices is too big to ever be compensated by the sped-up production of fragments.
It's like an investment to cut down time needed to assemble something. For jesters too but hard to say w/o doing the math what's more economical. For example less time needed to get an number of couples resorts or vineyards to produce spawners for jumpin pumpkin or cider gardens.
The Achilles heel of smithy is sunhaven rely on smith's golden upgrades. Speeding up that sluggish process can be in itself to some more valuable than any fp made.

Imho those compromises with finish special selection kits and the potential of blue lagoons is a bit of the strategic part of the game. Managing limited resources. With both making something more efficient otherwise not possible to make more efficient.

CrashBoom

Legend
you sacrifice a few hundred FP that could've been obtained from panda shrine.

first: I don't have Panda Shrine chain. only the main building = 19 FP

and if it only about the FP then building the jesters stage would be a bad choice for me (and all players who don't have big chains)

the Grilling Grove from the selection kit needs only 4 squares (jester 6 + 1 road) and gives 5.75 FP on average (with the percentages of the FP packages)
to get 1 FSP you need 10 jester. so instead you would have 10 Grilling Grove = 57.5 FP per day more. and also saved 30 squares (that equals another 15-30 FP depending how old the buildings there would be)

so one Finish Special Production (10 Jester) would need to give 70 FP o_O
and I don't have anything where I could get those 70 FP from one FSP

maybe Christmas 2024 gives something with 70 FP ;)

Emberguard

Emperor
It's like an investment to cut down time needed to assemble something. For jesters too but hard to say w/o doing the math what's more economical. For example less time needed to get an number of couples resorts or vineyards to produce spawners for jumpin pumpkin or cider gardens.
The Achilles heel of smithy is sunhaven rely on smith's golden upgrades. Speeding up that sluggish process can be in itself to some more valuable than any fp made.

Imho those compromises with finish special selection kits and the potential of blue lagoons is a bit of the strategic part of the game. Managing limited resources. With both making something more efficient otherwise not possible to make more efficient.

Exactly.

Panda Shrine @ few hundred would only be a once off 1 collection.

x2 on the fragments allows you to consistently increase your collection every day

Summerhold > Sunhaven = +2 Jester fragments +4-5 Forge Points

The 2 Jester Fragments cut down your collection times from that one building from 100 days down to 33 days. That's not accounting for the compounding effect of Finish Special

The 4-5 Forge Points would provide 100 Forge Points every 20-25 days. Over a year that's worth 1,460 - 1,825 Forge Points.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Exactly.

Panda Shrine @ few hundred would only be a once off 1 collection.

x2 on the fragments allows you to consistently increase your collection every day

Summerhold > Sunhaven = +2 Jester fragments +4-5 Forge Points

The 2 Jester Fragments cut down your collection times from that one building from 100 days down to 33 days. That's not accounting for the compounding effect of Finish Special

The 4-5 Forge Points would provide 100 Forge Points every 20-25 days. Over a year that's worth 1,460 - 1,825 Forge Points.
Yeah, to me months saved for thousands of fps is worth it. Only 10 lucky strikes with BG and 10 finis special productions can reduce time by a month. Cause BG reduces time needed by 1d each time BG doubles the collection. One finish special production does that too. Thus reducing also the time needed effectively by 1d. Together they can compound this to 3d less needed, if BG hits twice that day. Once on the naturally completed production of fragments and an 2nd time on the rushed production from the finish special production.
Let's say in 3 months you could've gotten theoretically 91 collections. Let's say you're collecting a little more than 65% of the time on time. Or roughly 60 collections/quarter. Let's assume for each collection there's 1 finish special production available and BG offers 70% chance to double any collection. That'll be: 60 collections x 2 (bonus collections from finish special production) = 120 collections x 1,7 (BG buff) = 204 collections vs 60 collections. Averaging out to 2,4d saved for each time finish special production is used. If BG was used but no finish special productions: 60 collections x 1,7 (BG buff) = 102 collections vs 204 collections.

In other words, unsurprisingly I know, you'll be cutting down time needed by half. To me that's vastly more valuable than the potential thousands of fps/goods I could've gotten instead. Instead of taking 1-2 years it's taking me 6-12 months to get the number of buildings I want. An blue lagoon could've cut it down further. That's why I would find the cash passes vastly more interesting if those would've been offered again in cash passes.

Smietanka11

Farmer
Ok, quick math then :D
Now first, I am aware that some may not have the panda shrine chain - but I want to show my perspective.

Like I mentioned above, a single collection from panda shrine chain with one forgotten temple present averages to about 436FP and 126 resources - that is my assumed value of a single "finish special production".

Takes 45 collections from smithy (assuming I in fact get 90% to 10% ratio of normal to golden fragments). Then it starts producing jester stages at a 1 per 20 days rate. These will start producing fragments back and it's going to take about 144 days to produce 45 full items.

There's some slight profit from the palace's and jesters' own production - ~4,8k FP and 25,5k resources after 144 days.
Then the real profit begins. But 144 days investment is a lot.

By speeding up sunhaven palace it looks even worse:
To get one extra jester I would need:
100frags/(3frags*1,7BG bonus) = ~20 extra productions.
That's worth 20*436=8720FP and 20*126=2520 resources.
This is what this single jester has to compensate now.

It's going to take whooping 200 days to compensate FP, although "only" 53 for the resources. The remaining 147 days are worth about 147*(126*0,1+35)=~7000 resources.
So by investing 20 "finish special production" I receive less than my current daily income of resources after 200 days...

And there's one last really important thing to consider that probably impacts everything the most - BG is limited. One has to take into account which building they've skipped to spend the bonus on smithy/palace instead and how many resources/FP they have sacrificed this way.
Palace isn't bad, although it has no comparison to vibrant vineyard. Not to mention the smithy that has close to 0 production.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Smietanka11 fair points. It’s a bit of compromising one over the other. Deciding what’s more valuable: time (quicker jesters) or medium term returns (panda’s chain). Also worth consideration is how many jesters one wants. As they’re also taking up space.
A few alternatives that might be worth considering: couples resort produces both fps & finish special productions alongside a few okay side buildings + good %:att_def_attacker_defender: for GE1-5 & GbG to keep forgotten temples coming cheaply and fps from GbG (attrition tolerance). Another potential could be vineyards for eventually mass production of jumping pumpkins. As those 2x2 production buildings reducing space needed for production buildings for event. With the space saved more fp could be produced efficiently.
While cutting down on time on getting all of those with special finishes compromising potential fps+goods from pandas chains, like you’ve pointed out.

I guess the finish special productions is at least currently, the somewhat scares resource forcing us to make compromises. As it’s also mainly tight to the one forever limited and most valuable resource next to space: time itself.

Smietanka11

Farmer
In the end it comes down to personal preferences :) Some may want to sell the resources and consider them FP in alternate form. That fundamentally changes everything and points even more towards buildings with large resource production. The final result is also heavily reliant on price and demand for the resources - titan used to sell for 400-500FP/100 within blink of an eye back in 1st days of the age. Now imagine what kind of profit that could be when Space Hub comes out and actually puts pressure on resources the same way Titan does. With 1-2 thousand of finish special production hamsterred in inventory I'd even consider deleting lvl80 BG and making some crazy lvl60-140+ marathon just to have additional x2 bonuses within short period of time.
That's very teoretical though :D too many variables.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
For me, the problem is that the buildings need to be motivated before I use my Finish special production on them, and I'm terribly short of Self aid kits (even worse for the mass self aids), so often I end up not using the Finish special production :(

For me, the problem is that the buildings need to be motivated
There's the tree of patience to solve this problem. You only need 1 tree each 5 jester stages. Alternatively the batsy bar from halloween event, but this one produces less kits per square compared to the tree.

even worse for the mass self aids
Didn't you took the 15 nutcrackers (or less if some are level 2) from current winter event?

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
There's the tree of patience to solve this problem. You only need 1 tree each 5 jester stages. Alternatively the batsy bar from halloween event, but this one produces less kits per square compared to the tree.

I have those but they also need to be motivated to produce the self aid kits, it's a vicious circle LOL
Even though each tree produces 2 kits, so it's worth it

Didn't you took the 15 nutcrackers (or less if some are level 2) from current winter event?

I was mainly referring to my main world on Italian servers. I didn't want to fill my city with nutcrackers, but probably I'll have to comply...