• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Suggestion for Technology's

• Thread starter Tirion Fordring
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am having a suggestion for technology's.

Currently you have to pick every single technology if you want to continue most of the time. Even though you might not want some and it isn't fun to be forced to take things you don't want to take.

Might it be an idea to make the technology tree more tiered? If you want to continue you must pick atleast 1 thing from each tier if there are 3-4 technology's and 2 if there are 5. I think this would make the game a little more fast-paced and give you more choices in how you want to design your city instead of how you are forced to design your city.

This will make the game allot more strategical too. Because you must plan ahead what you are going to take and which buildings you'll be needing. So lets say you want thing X and X and it requires X goods, then you'll know ,ok then I need to make this building which would take more planning, but will be allot more fun in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

I don't mean it like you are I think.

What I mean is that every row (from top to botton) would be a tier instead of from left to right as its now. Every technology would just be tiered next to each other, with no forcing of having X before you can do Y and all tiers together would form the age, like it is now.

DeletedUser

I know what you mean, but that game design would just not work. The game is not a single player game, so making it that much faster would mean people burn through all the content to fast and competition is impossible.

DeletedUser

Well I don't think it would make it allot faster. You could always increase the amouth of forge points needed slightly to balance it out. It would just make the tech tree's more strategically & require more thinking. Also you can make more choices, which is always a good thing, then you aren't like all those others.

I think this would bring more competition into the game, it doens't have to go faster persé.

DeletedUser199

I'm hoping it will be possible to create more different directions concerning technology, for example a path that is more military orientated or more culturally, or economically etc... So that you can decide to focus more on one branch or decide to be more balanced and do all of them at once. It would give the technology tree way more depth then it has now :O

I'm not sure that this is what you mean though :p

DeletedUser

Kinda, you can just choose what you really like and you don't choose what you aren't going to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.