• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Space Age Space Hub

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Don’t we have plenty event buildings that make our cities look like where stuck in the early ages? Except for anniversary event

Yes, it gets tiresome to mostly get nature or medieval buildings. The Summer event could focus for once on space pirates instead of 17th century pirates and give us a Blade Runnerlike building, which would be cool. It's not like Foe cities are devoid of anachronisms. They are a mishmash of buildings of vastly different style, culture and tech.

Halloween event: something along the likes of xenomorphs and predators (without infringing copyright of course).

Adthen

Merchant
Actually I hope they use my fantasy GB where each level adds an extra friend. So I can wait for a bit. Also, it is still taking a while to accumulate resources for more levels on the Titan GBs. I guess it's a good concept to prevent newbies from getting high on these GBs while they are in the iron age...lol

I just hope FOE doesn't get too congested with too many things to do like Wartune, otherwise, people will tune out.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually I hope they use my fantasy GB where each level adds an extra friend. So I can wait for a bit. Also, it is still taking a while to accumulate resources for more levels on the Titan GBs. I guess it's a good concept to prevent newbies from getting high on these GBs while they are in the iron age...lol

I just hope FOE doesn't get too congested with too many things to do like Wartune, otherwise, people will tune out.
I hope they’ll expend the friends list. The more friends the stronger SV becomes.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Don’t we have plenty event buildings that make our cities look like where stuck in the early ages? Except for anniversary event
Some sure, but every event has a very specific theme. Those themes usually don't go together.
I might be in the minority, but I'm a player who enjoys making their city look like an actual city.
Yes, it gets tiresome to mostly get nature or medieval buildings.
I would rather see a thousand more medieval buildings than one more science fiction building.
Each to their own, I suppose. But I never started playing this game way back in the day to play a science fiction game.
I played it for the historic civilization style buildings. That's what I enjoy.

It's not like Foe cities are devoid of anachronisms. They are a mishmash of buildings of vastly different style, culture and tech.
I try to avoid this as much as possible. I don't place buildings that are out of place in my city, or I keep them as far away from the most developed part of my city. I don't play to just 'add numbers'; I play to have an aesthetically pleasing, strongly themed city. And I just happen to dislike the science fiction aesthetic for the most part (the only one I've liked somewhat is the Oceanic Future).

The ages have been sci fi for way too long now imo. It's time to do something else.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some sure, but every event has a very specific theme. Those themes usually don't go together.
I might be in the minority, but I'm a player who enjoys making their city look like an actual city.
Fair enough but while you don't like SF styled buildings, even if your in SA:T it's highly unlikely the city looks SF. Much rather like time travel has gone wrong to the point of a time slide.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Fair enough but while you don't like SF styled buildings, even if your in SA:T it's highly unlikely the city looks SF. Much rather like time travel has gone wrong to the point of a time slide.
That's why I would prefer going to more historic ages again. Ages provide far more different choices than an event ever does. An age has different houses, stores, military buildings, production, roads, etc etc.
Also: You'd probably be surprised by the amount of old stuff I have in my city; buildings that really aren't worth having around if all you care about is bigger numbers - but that's not the type of player I am, so I keep them just because they look good in my city.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's why I would prefer going to more historic ages again. Ages provide far more different choices than an event ever does. An age has different houses, stores, military buildings, production, roads, etc etc.
Also: You'd probably be surprised by the amount of old stuff I have in my city; buildings that really aren't worth having around if all you care about is bigger numbers - but that's not the type of player I am, so I keep them just because they look good in my city.
We already have plenty historical ages content: events filling cities with historical architectural buildings, settlements, GbG reward buildings (diamond league), etc. No need to regress. All we would end up with is something like VF: a somewhat historical main building and a city filled with event buildings of random historical ages and some SF buildings. Not sure what you’re hoping at or envisioning differently other than that. I’ve proposed an concept however that would allow for a historical city to be developed replacing space colonies. Which I presume would better meet your wishes than an actually regressing back ending up with an age like VF.
This is the concept. It would promote developing a permanent historical city alongside the regular city. Rewarding players for their efforts but offering to change their rewards by changing things around if they desire so.

The 8 portraits of SASH have been added to the code, but they are of course placeholders:

portrait_682-0442ae410.jpg

This is the only new addition relating to Space Hub. Not much but it is a sign of life that work is being done on SASH.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
View attachment 11274
Space Hub Battlefield man?
Looking the Victory / Defeat pop up window... Space Hub troops man?

1. with laser sword probably heavy?
2. wheel like probably fast or light?
3. energy wave probably ranged?
4. Spaceships probably artilleries?

got info on Space Hub troops or GB/s man?
Analysing both a bit better and considering the potential the space hub carries us far. It might be renamed upon release to space age: Oort Cloud. This is speculation or being heavily influenced by it. As it’s the first “place” in interstellar space when looking from Earth. Perhaps it could also be just the Kuiper Belt but I think if they’re aiming at leaving the solar system it’s more likely the Oort Cloud.
Another less exciting option. Could be the space hub just being located in the asteroid belt. To serve as a central point to interact or unite the former colonies. Before taking on to the next step or something.

Dessire

Regent
Just more sci-fi stuff. So tired of it.
I wish they'd do a 'time travel' gimmick and give us 'alternative history' settings. Old civilizations with a unique twist to them.
Maybe even weird mash ups of two very different old civilizations to create something new and interesting.
So, is not enough for you have only old ages buildings in 99% of events?!

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
It's common for us to think this is a war game or a battle game. It's neither, it is a strategy game and you want us to go where and do what? If strategy is not a part of the conversation then it frankly............just doesn't matter. The way your city looks results in what? What strategy is that? Play how you want but I guarantee most players here don't care about weird storylines and combined building structures from different timelines. I respect your desire for different but forging an empire has a meaning and I don't think that's it.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
So, is not enough for you have only old ages buildings in 99% of events?!
I wouldn't mind if more events have differently themed rewards IF there were more historic ages again.
Having a complete age with a certain theme is something entirely different from a few random buildings in an event.

It's common for us to think this is a war game or a battle game. It's neither, it is a strategy game and you want us to go where and do what? If strategy is not a part of the conversation then it frankly............just doesn't matter. The way your city looks results in what? What strategy is that? Play how you want but I guarantee most players here don't care about weird storylines and combined building structures from different timelines. I respect your desire for different but forging an empire has a meaning and I don't think that's it.
So your way of playing the game is 'right' and my way is 'wrong'? Is that it?
That's quite an egocentric way of looking at things.

I can respect that you have a different way of looking at the game, but does that mean that it should only cater to someone like you?
I think the answer to that question is a resounding: No.

We already have plenty historical ages content: events filling cities with historical architectural buildings, settlements, GbG reward buildings (diamond league), etc. No need to regress. All we would end up with is something like VF: a somewhat historical main building and a city filled with event buildings of random historical ages and some SF buildings. Not sure what you’re hoping at or envisioning differently other than that. I’ve proposed an concept however that would allow for a historical city to be developed replacing space colonies. Which I presume would better meet your wishes than an actually regressing back ending up with an age like VF.
This is the concept. It would promote developing a permanent historical city alongside the regular city. Rewarding players for their efforts but offering to change their rewards by changing things around if they desire so.
I have zero interest in building another city, honestly.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
So your way of playing the game is 'right' and my way is 'wrong'? Is that it?
That's quite an egocentric way of looking at things.

I can respect that you have a different way of looking at the game, but does that mean that it should only cater to someone like you?
I think the answer to that question is a resounding: No.
What? My response to you wasn't about me at all. Think about this. They give us 1500 diamonds like a gateway drug as if the price of playing events hasn't changed, they are making changes mid-event, and GBG is boring and no longer as rewarding as it used to be considering several different factors, the AD is not balanced, friends list too short, forum related communication all over the place, they added coin to titan GB cost and then limited coin boost use and you are talking about goofy stuff. Someone like me? what does that even mean? I wasn't trying to attack you personally. Either way, I don't care too much what you say! GOOD day!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Tahrakaiitoo you're making me curious regarding expectations of a game like Forge. Where the core game is centred around advancing through ages, ever further. I mean for example: expecting the game to just stagnate and expand on existing ages after developing the age we're living in today. With maybe after many years an additional age to keep up with the present? But deepening existing ages. I'm legitimately curious as it's a quite interesting point of view on the game and a game centred around ever further advancing.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
What? My response to you wasn't about me at all. Think about this. They give us 1500 diamonds like a gateway drug as if the price of playing events hasn't changed, they are making changes mid-event, and GBG is boring and no longer as rewarding as it used to be considering several different factors, the AD is not balanced, friends list too short, forum related communication all over the place, they added coin to titan GB cost and then limited coin boost use and you are talking about goofy stuff. Someone like me? what does that even mean? I wasn't trying to attack you personally. Either way, I don't care too much what you say! GOOD day!

"Goofy stuff?"
"I don't care too much what you say!"

See that's the kind of disrespect I was talking about.
We care about different aspects of this game and that's fine.
No need to try and demonize or ridicule someone else for it.
@Tahrakaiitoo you're making me curious regarding expectations of a game like Forge. Where the core game is centred around advancing through ages, ever further. I mean for example: expecting the game to just stagnate and expand on existing ages after developing the age we're living in today. With maybe after many years an additional age to keep up with the present? But deepening existing ages. I'm legitimately curious as it's a quite interesting point of view on the game and a game centred around ever further advancing.

It was never about the advancing for me when I started. I stayed in a lower age for a LONG time, but at some point that just felt too limiting.
And I never suggested any stagnation. If they incorporate some time travel shenanigans, there's loads of options. We could be messing around with ancient civilizations and changing things; so that's new fresh things right there.

I just don't enjoy the space stuff AT ALL. And we've been going through lots of ages of that stuff.
We've been getting carbon copies of the same space age again and again and again.
THAT is stagnation. It's time for something different.

Time and space are two concepts that are related. Likewse, an empire can advance in age (time) but also in territory (space). Inno could for instance create a massive Roman empire map for the iron age players with epic 4-wave battles against renowned enemies of Rome. This could take months to complete. Conquering certain areas allow you to establish new cities, military forts, famous buildings like the Hadrian Wall, which give you a bonus or resources for your main city. If you age up, you could be prohibited from advancing further on the Roman empire map but you would be forced to start the Carolingian empire map.
Just an idea. Not that it would ever happen because it would be a too radical revolution.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
It was never about the advancing for me when I started. I stayed in a lower age for a LONG time, but at some point that just felt too limiting.
I got that point but what I try to understand is the expectations. In regards of ages. In regards of expecting to revisit historical ages in more depth. Although I feel they've done a fantastic job with settlement, giving to some degree depth to a specific part of a historical age of a different culture, it lacks more depth. If they would design a settlement more like @Charles el Britannia described, it would give more depth to it all. For example each run being dedicated to deal with a part of the Roman Empire. Until we've completed them and can choose to replay any run.
I understand however that it isn't an entire age but I'm also wondering what the expectations are behind hypothetical historical ages post space ages. I mean like VF besides the units there's no real gain in city aesthetics. That's why I appreciate the settlements so much and to some degree QI: useful historically looking buildings. Giving my city a very old and touristic feel for the most part. While still being strong mk literally.