• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Settlement Updates

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
With the first given completion of polynesia I got a full Upgrade kit for
Ascended Hut of the Sacred Instruments
contrary to the description
and also the next rewards says I'll get another ascended hut if i'm in time.
There’s been a change in times rewards. With some digging I found it.

Imho they should’ve updated and enhanced the timed rewards buildings. Giving it specs that compete with the current meta. Alongside they can introduce 3 special upgrades (bronze, silver and gold). For example: bronze time 1/4th bronze upgrade, silver 2/4th bronze upgrade, 1/4th silver upgrade, gold full bronze upgrade, 2/4th silver upgrade 1/4th gold upgrade for timed bonus buildings. That way their game can be significantly stepped up to continue to compete with event buildings. Another way to achieve this could be by offering rare buffs like QI buffs.
Same goes with main settlement rewards. Temporal upgrades are an useful invention to lure players to continue to play repeatedly the same thing. Though imo it would be more future-prove if settlement main rewards getting unique or rare buffs not obtainable through events. Like the %:fpboost: currently a temporal GE5 main reward buff. If main settlement buildings collectively offer a 20%:fpboost: and temporal upgrades 2%:fpboost: extra resulting in a 22-24%:fpboost: permanent buff I can see many competitive players aiming for that. The devs could divide 20 by the number of settlements they wanna end up with. If it’s for example 10 (4 extra settlements to come) it could be 2%:fpboost:. Which is imo a nicely rounded number and a massive amount of content to play with. If they’re aiming for even 20 settlements I would say 1%:fpboost: could work well too for balancing purposes. Although in the current state (6 settlements) giving 6%:fpboost: + maybe 4% extra from temporal upgrades. So, if it would’ve been implemented rewarding players with a potential 6-10%:fpboost: buff. Which is highly valuable for some. If 14 more settlements getting added it’s probably a strong carrot for players pursuing them. Even advising new players to do so. As by the time they’re getting near the 10% their city is already well developed to benefit from it. Only expanding it further to 20% from settlements. Assuming 20 settlements to eventually getting offered. Which would allow roughly for each age to have a settlement to go alongside with it. Giving an additional reason to continue aging up.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Just realised if any forum member suggested these, CMs or some members might have said DNS for sure. But now product head giving this information and we should only give feedback.

For better, remove or modify DNSL so that forum members can suggest better balancing ideas to improve game feature.
No.
Some things are on the DNSL because they are up to the game designers. The general direction of the game and balancing is solely up to InnoGames.
With the ideas section we're mostly looking for small improvements of features. Players should not suggest big changes.

Aerendil

Squire
With the first given completion of polynesia I got a full Upgrade kit for
Ascended Hut of the Sacred Instruments
contrary to the description

and also the next rewards says I'll get another ascended hut if i'm in time.

Actually I like it that way better. We all start with one upgrade(for the given finish) and everyone playing the settlements gets also the speicial upgrade kits.thats more motivation for the players who neglected their settlements
didnt read to the end, all working as described
We get one Ascended Upgrade as the last reward and another Ascended upgrade when finishing the timed quest
Nice

LordVaderIII

Marquis
"To avoid any potential errors or disruptions for currently running settlements, we've made the decision to complete all ongoing settlements at the time of the update's activation."

Are you just going to end them (terminate them without rewards) or complete them (giving rewards)? If it is the former, you better give at least a couple week's notice before pushing this to the live servers.

So goods production got 25% nerf in all existing settlement.
That was "compensated" by less goods needed according to the announcement.
But the actual reduction is less than 5%, not enough to compensate.

The change in initial position open area of Polynesian is just very annoying. Didn't add anything to make it more enjoyable.

Overall a bad change.
I will probably do each settlement once (in time for gold reward) or twice after I finish Polynesian. But I'll mostly keep the new upgrade in inventory.
This will not induce me to do settlements every week.

The timing of this update is wrong. Player that are currently working on Polynesian will not test the changes in other settlement. This include all the players that like and did settlement. so for the next couple of month all the feed back on the old settlements will be by players that didn't complete the settlements originally (or new beta players). The feedback Inno collects will be unreliable because of this timing error.
This should have been released after most of us had a chance to complete or almost complete all the Polynesian run.

I understand by the "cultural" was dropped. But until a unique name that distinguish those kind of settlements from Quantum settlement and space age settlement. Please include a new unique name. Suggestion (bad): settlement across the see (because we reach them by boat).

Excatly. Thats why I would suggest to either: remain on 4/8h productions (which I would prefer) or at least add 1-3 goods on top to the production. So 6-7 for 5h, 12-15 for 10h. Then we would have almost the same amount as before.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
So, after considering better the changes. We've gone from a daily 16h prod schedule with 4h wiggle time for extra 4h productions to end up with frequent 20-25 goods/d to a forced 20h schedule (2x 10h or 1x 20h). I would've liked the change better if only the 1d prod was changed to 20h.
Alternatively increase the goods production of 5h productions to 6 goods/5h, 10h productions to 12/10h. It's still a nerf on the previously 25 goods to 24 goods/20h. Increasing the 20h productions from 20 goods/1d to 22. Rewarding players that take the risks of not in time collecting with slightly faster and efficient goods production.

As for balancing changes. Please provide in the future more information regarding the changed values. I'm referring to changes in costs for goods, changes in Mughal's coins production, etc. Especially with settlements where we can only test 1 settlement at a time. Providing us with this important information is rather crucial to obtain meaningful feedback within a reasonable timeframe.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I just checked the amount of cultural goods needed to complete the Aztec settlement:
Before the update: 1245 goods
After the update: 1245 goods

Compensation ? NONE o_O

Plus:
Simple shrine has an increase in time needed for productions of 4+ hours, while the amounts produced are exactly as they were before the update.
Only the residential buildings show a slight compensation.

EDIT: the amount of 1040 for cultural goods needed was incorrect, I have adjusted it.

Last edited:
I just checked the amount of cultural goods needed to complete the Aztec settlement:
Before the update: 1040 goods
After the update: 1040 goods

Compensation ? NONE o_O

Plus:
Simple shrine also only has an increase in time needed for productions of 4+ hours, while the amounts are exactly as they were before the update.
Only the residential buildings show a slight compensation.
Polynesia got about 3.5% reduction.
I'm doing polynesian at the momenet so I supposed other got aroung 5%, not believing that the actual number would be much higher in the best potive lookout. 0% is a little bit of a surprise.

I have no intention on testing the other settlements until my Polynesian building is fully leveled.
Maybe by August I could provide some additional feedback.
I hope they don't push the change to live and then complain on us players not catching the bugs that are there. Some of the QI changes are already in live server

GwenGwen

Merchant
So, after considering better the changes. We've gone from a daily 16h prod schedule with 4h wiggle time for extra 4h productions to end up with frequent 20-25 goods/d to a forced 20h schedule (2x 10h or 1x 20h). I would've liked the change better if only the 1d prod was changed to 20h.
Alternatively increase the goods production of 5h productions to 6 goods/5h, 10h productions to 12/10h. It's still a nerf on the previously 25 goods to 24 goods/20h. Increasing the 20h productions from 20 goods/1d to 22. Rewarding players that take the risks of not in time collecting with slightly faster and efficient goods production.

As for balancing changes. Please provide in the future more information regarding the changed values. I'm referring to changes in costs for goods, changes in Mughal's coins production, etc. Especially with settlements where we can only test 1 settlement at a time. Providing us with this important information is rather crucial to obtain meaningful feedback within a reasonable timeframe.
Totally agree with you.

GwenGwen

Merchant
I read on the article Exciting Updates to Settlements in Forge of Empires! pf the forum
"
  • " Adjusted Production Times: Goods production times have been tweaked to align closer with those in Polynesia, changing from 4 hours to 5 hours, 8 hours to 10 hours, and 24 hours to 20 hours. These adjustments streamline production across your settlements, making planning and resource management more intuitive."
I don't understand;

Before I needed 4 hours to produce 5 resources, this meant that I produced 1.2 resources per hour, or 30 resources per day.
Now I need 5 hours to produce 5 resources, this means that I produce 1 resource per hour, or 24 resources per day, and with daily time differences which prevent me from planning my visits to the game with my real life.
So I lose time and efficiency compared to before

Besides, why want you to level all the colonies with Polynesia?
The colonies began with free routes, Vickings and Japanese.
Then they were transformed with paid roads from the Egyptians but Vickings and Japanese remained the same. It was one of their charm. Nothing was changed to bring them into line with the new cultures.
And now you want to make everything uniform, i.e. boring and banal?
Why not maintain the poetry and specific strategic character of each colony?

And anyway if you really want to level on the Polynesia model, you should remove all the roads from all the colonies, and not screw up by unbalancing all the habits acquired by the players before.

Last edited:
I read on the article Exciting Updates to Settlements in Forge of Empires! pf the forum
"
  • " Adjusted Production Times: Goods production times have been tweaked to align closer with those in Polynesia, changing from 4 hours to 5 hours, 8 hours to 10 hours, and 24 hours to 20 hours. These adjustments streamline production across your settlements, making planning and resource management more intuitive."
I don't understand;

Before I needed 4 hours to produce 5 resources, this meant that I produced 1.2 resources per hour, or 30 resources per day.
Now I need 5 hours to produce 5 resources, this means that I produce 1 resource per hour, or 24 resources per day, and with daily time differences which prevent me from planning my visits to the game with my real life.
So I lose time and efficiency compared to before

Besides, why want you to level all the colonies with Polynesia?
The colonies began with free routes, Vickings and Japanese.
Then they were transformed with paid roads from the Egyptians but Vickings and Japanese remained the same. It was one of their charm. Nothing was changed to bring them into line with the new cultures.
And now you want to make everything uniform, i.e. boring and banal?
Why not maintain the poetry and specific strategic character of each colony?

And anyway if you really want to level on the Polynesia model, you should remove all the roads from all the colonies, and not screw up by unbalancing all the habits acquired by the players before.
There was a short period when cost for road in Viking and Japan was introduced, mybe only in beta.
It was reverted because it didn't work since no correction was done to the coin available (it was not just the cost of the road, but also that the strategy in Viking required destroying the road multiple times to reach the required diplomacy at the relevant moment which became extremely costly with the change).

Dev might think that the reduction in cost is enough to compensate for the "slight" decrease in goods production efficiency, but they have their number off by a lot.
They might think that players will be more willing to spend diamond to rush and compensate for that, but players will just stop doing oversea settlement or keep doing them for the main prize ignoring the timed prize. Which is the opposite of the stated "revitalization".

Goldra

Marquis
Im making the new polinesian settlement, to get its building complete. When i finish it, i wont make more settlements, until you create a new one. Not going to spend time to get the ascended version of some of them. Having a limited time to make it, if you want to get the upgrade, its a bad decision. I didnt reach gold in the polinesian settlement, in the 3 times i make it....

I would say that this is already the case today. As the time reward buildings are not that buff anymore for todays cities. So I don't really think that someone would go for those.
Personally I finish them in time but I don't care when I don't. Last run I had some holiday and I ended in silver I think in one or two of my cities. I don't even know how many I failed the time reward.
Im making the new polinesian settlement, to get its building complete. When i finish it, i wont make more settlements, until you create a new one. Not going to spend time to get the ascended version of some of them. Having a limited time to make it, if you want to get the upgrade, its a bad decision. I didnt reach gold in the polinesian settlement, in the 3 times i make it....
This is slightly incorrect.
If you play the oversea settlement and finish on time (golden) you get an additional ascendant upgrade every time you finsih the settlement.
BUT after you finish all the required runs for max level building any additional run will provide an ascendant upgrade in the main prize. Regardless of how much time it take you. You can do one settlement in 6 month and you still get the upgrade.

This should mean that for any new oversea settlement released we can obtain 10 or more ascendant upgrade BEFORE we complete the main building by finishing on time.

It also mean that if you can finish each settlement in about one week or two for Mughal (once you have the maximum goods multiplier of 25%) you can produce enough ascendant upgrade to keep all of them constantly upgraded since you can get 2 ascendant upgrade every week (except for mughal). Still not worth the stress in my opinion.

It also mean that this part of the announcement is wrong:
The upgrades can only be gained by first completing all general play-throughs of a settlement, which allow you to upgrade your main settlement building to it's maximum level.
Knowledge base article

The upgrade can be gained BEFORE completing all the general play-throughs. But they can be USED only AFTER completing them.

BTW it would be very useful if the article had the non ascendant stat of each fully leveled building next to the ascendant values

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
In Gold-Silver-Bronze timely rewards,

Is the upgrade kit of full final settlement time limited building total fragments needed count is same for every settlements?

Did anyone knows the exact total count of fragments needed to form a single time limited upgrade kit in all settlements?

Goldra

Marquis
In Gold-Silver-Bronze timely rewards,

Is the upgrade kit of full final settlement time limited building total fragments needed count is same for every settlements?

Did anyone knows the exact total count of fragments needed to form a single time limited upgrade kit in all settlements?
You need to make gold reward. 100 fragments for viking, japanese, aztec and polinesian; 150 for egypt and mughal.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
You need to make gold reward. 100 fragments for viking, japanese, aztec and polinesian; 150 for egypt and mughal.
I was worried now itself. Hope dev team don't touch the fragments count in any of the way.

Practically, before reaching full complete settlement building, if any player just started the settlement freshly and finishing every time in gold chest time allotment means, they might have approximately 5 or 6 upgrade kits in their inventory when they reach complete settlement building.

Somehow this balancing is good since new players can also have similar amount of upgrade kits when they hit complete building like other people who completed the settlement already and aiming for time-limited item. First time seeing this kind of balancing in the game.