• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion New golden updates.

ADSL

Squire
Recently, it has become a good tradition to issue a golden update to old buildings. I would really like to see golden updates released to the Crow's Nest and the Altar Gardens. I am very interested, which buildings would you like to see golden updates to? Please share your opinion.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Recently, it has become a good tradition to issue a golden update to old buildings. I would really like to see golden updates released to the Crow's Nest and the Altar Gardens. I am very interested, which buildings would you like to see golden updates to? Please share your opinion.
A note is the altar garden having 7 variants seems unlikely to receive a golden upgrade by precedent - we've yet to get a golden upgrade to a building that branches pre-golden upgrade. So my wish for the eagle mountain to keep one around before I peel them all out of my cities seems unlikely as well. An example of where they appear to have deliberately skipped this opportunity is summer event - where Boathouse was last year's prize, and did not receive a golden upgrade instead dipping back to the governor's mansion.

Sets also seem unlikely because you'd either only have 1 building updated (maybe the main centerpiece when the set has one - but often that's the least popular part of the set) or need multiple golden upgrades to bring the set up to current standards.

My serious suggestion atm would be a golden upgrade for settlement main buildings. As 1-of-a-kind buildings that take a ton of work and are no longer even that strong compared to modern event buildings, they deserve better.

Definitely the settlement buildings.

Abandoned Asylum is currently on my chopping block,
Crows nest already got chopped.
My Speakers Corner is on the chopping block which is really sad!!!
Road to Victory should have a level 2. I actually really like that it gives easy goods but only 5% an only for attacking defense for a 3x2 space isn't good.
Pirates Hideout from last year is on the list because it's so big, even though it gives 33% it's only attack.

ADSL

Squire
Golden updates to settlement buildings cannot be extended to events. Therefore, we are still discussing buildings not for settlements.

Golden updates to settlement buildings cannot be extended to events. Therefore, we are still discussing buildings not for settlements.
I feel like it would be somewhat simple to add one more level after the last upgrade in the rewards menu. It wouldn't be the same mechanic as throwing it into the events, but it is actually needed.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I feel like it would be somewhat simple to add one more level after the last upgrade in the rewards menu. It wouldn't be the same mechanic as throwing it into the events, but it is actually needed.
They could even do it as fragments. Say 50/150 fragments of a golden yggdrassil selection kit is the new indefinite prize. Do 3 more vikings runs, get a golden yggdrassil. Do another 30 vikings runs after that and get a 2nd golden yggdrassil (9 base levels + 1 apex)*3 runs each.

They could even do it as fragments. Say 50/150 fragments of a golden yggdrassil selection kit is the new indefinite prize. Do 3 more vikings runs, get a golden yggdrassil. Do another 30 vikings runs after that and get a 2nd golden yggdrassil (9 base levels + 1 apex)*3 runs each.
Ok xiv, do you remember doing the viking settlements? Absolute torture. Like pulling your fingernails out of your nail bed. Like lighting your body on fire.

Settlements are not fun. Inno is not going to change them to be fun. So people who have done all of the settlements do not deserve the more torture.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok xiv, do you remember doing the viking settlements? Absolute torture. Like pulling your fingernails out of your nail bed. Like lighting your body on fire.

Settlements are not fun. Inno is not going to change them to be fun. So people who have done all of the settlements do not deserve the more torture.
I do remember the viking settlements - last year was the last time I did them to get an ygg on my indy camping world. Just because I suggested that you might be able to grind out an even longer time to get a 2nd one doesn't mean I'd actually do it (though i might on the indy world) - I just think it's a reasonable door to leave open. I don't think 3 more runs for a final upgrade of the first one is unreasonable - if that final upgrade makes it worth having again.

I do remember the viking settlements - last year was the last time I did them to get an ygg on my indy camping world. Just because I suggested that you might be able to grind out an even longer time to get a 2nd one doesn't mean I'd actually do it (though i might on the indy world) - I just think it's a reasonable door to leave open. I don't think 3 more runs for a final upgrade of the first one is unreasonable - if that final upgrade makes it worth having again.
Egypt takes 6 months to complete. Say they add the gold level....but in 6 months the game is going to make even greater buildings you can get in events. So there's no point in wasting player time, we already paid the price when we got the original building. One more settlement alright, but another 3? I'll just wait for the next event to get a better building. Powercreep, but also we players have paid our dues on this already - these things take too much time and commitment already.

CrashBoom

Legend
they could add something special to the golden level of settlement buildings

for example one could get
1 fragment of finish all special productions (balanced with the amount of fragments needed and there would only one building giving it)

or +5% critical hit (adds to the % of the AO)

or how about
+10% more progress in event leagues

or new items:
a x minute rush everything (including GB, townhall).
could be an one minute kit daily (30 minutes per month)
or fragments 1/15 of 15 minutes (also 30 minutes per month)
also balanced because of only one building giving it.
and players want to move their collection time earlier for years

I'll just wait for the next event to get a better building.
but if event buildings never give that ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Egypt takes 6 months to complete. Say they add the gold level....but in 6 months the game is going to make even greater buildings you can get in events. So there's no point in wasting player time, we already paid the price when we got the original building. One more settlement alright, but another 3? I'll just wait for the next event to get a better building. Powercreep, but also we players have paid our dues on this already - these things take too much time and commitment already.
Egypt only takes me 1-2 weeks per run (2 weeks at first, but down to 1 week by the last run) - it's by far the most comfortable of the settlements for me, and one I wouldn't mind running again if i have a reason to (it's still one I'll often run at the start of a new world because 12 units a day is pretty handy and not so fast to get amongst event buildings).

Egypt only takes me 1-2 weeks per run (2 weeks at first, but down to 1 week by the last run) - it's by far the most comfortable of the settlements for me, and one I wouldn't mind running again if i have a reason to (it's still one I'll often run at the start of a new world because 12 units a day is pretty handy and not so fast to get amongst event buildings).
That’s if the timer resets and doesn’t stay at the shortest time
Not even the point, 5-6 months (you need to complete 10) is a long bum time to wait to get a building that you're going to delete or not even build because it's totally useless compared to the other buildings you can get from events. I don't even believe that a reasonable user can complete it in 1 week since you're limited by special goods by fighting that you can't diamond for more, but you do you boo. Settlements by far is one of the most hated features inno has created, users always hoping for something better, only enduring for the buildings, but now there are no great buildings so nobody's doing them.

Inno is currently waiting people a few months of the champions building. Every 2 weeks the winner gets the frags. That is the bar that has been set. That's one last settlement for most of them, mougals/egypt longer.