• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Mobile app for beta needs a separate forum

Do you agree to split the beta forum?

• Yes, yes!! make it soon!!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No no, never!!

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Ideas, logic handling, playing behaviour, UI look and feel etc are mostly referring to Browser version playing only.

Current forum site can be dedicated to browser people (already many forum members considering like that only)
forum.beta.forgeofempires.com

and

for mobile it should be like,
"forum.betamobile.forgeofempires.com"

so better ideas for mobile cannot get negative votes from browser version using people and same applicable to browser version using players to get comments/support/vote from browser using people only.

It would be better to fix this balancing problem in the forum first before starting to fix (GBG or ) other balancing issues.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Not sure why the options have to be so dramatic, but it feels very unnecessary to me to create a separate forum for it. If must, there can be an "UI"-like category (is there one? no?...), then have a separate thread in it for PC and mobile.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
I personally think we can ALL work in the "1 beta FORUM" framework for all beta ideas and discussion of game or platform requirements/needs.

Yes, some people are not AS cognizant in their posts that the game is supported on MULTIPLE hardware platforms, especially ones they don't use themselves. Many players detail a problem OR suggest a solution from their OWN vantage point, not game ubiquitously. Creating a 2nd forum only divides us further.

Inno has done a good and getting better job of homogenizing suggestions to serve the needs of all players, regardless of platform. It's their corporate role to balance any platform under-representations or "omissions" in an implementable idea.

This serves to overcome any suggestions or even posting deficiency by the community, and it gets resolved in the game so as to best serve all platform needs that are acknowledged as supported in the game.

Last edited:

Devilsangel

Baronet
There used to be a separate threat for the app updates/bugs/ideas blahblah not long ago, but noone was using it) guess that could be the main reason why it was cut

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
so better ideas for mobile cannot get negative votes from browser version using people and same applicable to browser version using players to get comments/support/vote from browser using people only.
I don't think there's a battle going on between mobile and browser players to put down each other's ideas. If it's a good suggestion it will naturally receive support from the community. As simple as that.

Emberguard

Emperor

Most ideas are not exclusive to just one platform. Even the developers have for years stated they want to keep both platforms as close in design to each other as possible.

Let's for the moment assume your idea gets implemented. How often are you going to use it to propose ideas specific to the App? How are you going to stop players who happen to use desktop from voting anyway? Desktop players can still play mobile and vice versa

More importantly, if you have an idea that's relevant to both Desktop and Mobile, what then? Are you going to require the same idea posted twice just to get it implemented for both platforms and not just one platform?

Also, voting requires enough votes for it to get forwarded. If you start dividing the amount of participants are you sure either portion of the playerbase will get sufficient votes to pass anything onto the developers?

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Most ideas are not exclusive to just one platform. Even the developers have for years stated they want to keep both platforms as close in design to each other as possible.

Let's for the moment assume your idea gets implemented. How often are you going to use it to propose ideas specific to the App? How are you going to stop players who happen to use desktop from voting anyway? Desktop players can still play mobile and vice versa

More importantly, if you have an idea that's relevant to both Desktop and Mobile, what then? Are you going to require the same idea posted twice just to get it implemented for both platforms and not just one platform?

Also, voting requires enough votes for it to get forwarded. If you start dividing the amount of participants are you sure either portion of the playerbase will get sufficient votes to pass anything onto the developers?
In Ideas, how many of them added visual aids referring to mobile usage. Mostly everyone are not considering the mobile usage.

I like when @Juber giving updates have separate section for mobile. But here in ideas doesn't have any separate section to see how it can be. Please take a glance in ideas present till today, how many ideas are discussed with consistency with mobile. Mainly focused on browser only.

How many are really wanted the change for mobile are not very clear currently. If any idea to be created for both mobile and browser, it depends on where the players want it first. They can create there. Dev's can make the call to make it consistency or separate approach. It will be like browser dev team forwarding to mobile dev team. FoE team can make Dev mobile team and Dev browser team to address the issue. Very manageable rite.

Inventory, fragments, market, army units screen etc are completely having different approach from mobile app. Having separate for mobile only increase the advantage of mobile users and browser people can stop worry about how it will be on mobile.

Divide them now, actually the game divided them long back how they play, look and feel etc of the game, only background logic is same. Myself expecting the same for forum site also. It will give full control to manage both the things(browser and mobile) very efficiently.

Sufficient positive votes receiving possibility after separation, on assumption I can say it will be huge on both sides. On the usage point of view, if they plan and addresses everything, it will give more clarity on their views and benefits by having a separation in the forum.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I don't think there's a battle going on between mobile and browser players to put down each other's ideas. If it's a good suggestion it will naturally receive support from the community. As simple as that.
Not a battle, visibility got dumped out in the crowd of browser people automatically. It will naturally receive support from the community so with the assumption of having the maximum crowd in browser usage people, you still believe they don't make biased decision.

Whoever puts negative votes in this discussion, please check their ideas previously created( if anything avilable) and see how many have mentioned the point about how the mobile app can facilitate the same idea. 98% you won't see it and the whole idea is for browser purpose only. In this community crowd, naturally expecting the support is meaningless (not logical by the way).

Emberguard

Emperor
Please take a glance in ideas present till today, how many ideas are discussed with consistency with mobile. Mainly focused on browser only.

Most don't even use visuals..... and of those that do, the visual is usually whatever's easiest to grab. I use desktop visuals because that's the device I have image editing software on. But I still use mobile.

Are you suggesting every suggestion that uses visuals needs a mockup of both versions even if it'd look exactly the same?

I've looked over the ideas. I don't see anything there that's intended to be exclusively desktop or that couldn't be used on mobile

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Are you suggesting every suggestion that uses visuals needs a mockup of both versions even if it'd look exactly the same?

I've looked over the ideas. I don't see anything there that's intended to be exclusively desktop or that couldn't be used on mobile
Not expecting a mock-up if they are same, but where's the mock up in the case of different approach. At least where the discussion or communication for the idea, how it should be on mobile.

Thanks for looking over the ideas, not anything intended to restrict only on browser, totall agree, but did they cross verify about it can fit for mobile usage too (no evidence in many cases). My concern is very very little. Both browser and mobile should be treated equally or collectively all the time. I feel like, one (browser) is playing supreme role than the other(mobile) one.

CrashBoom

Legend
so if an idea would be posted in app forum and I am not allowed to vote against it because I am a browser only player I then expect that this idea will not be affect/change anything in the browser

correct ?

CrashBoom

Legend
you looked from the wrong side
he wants an APP forum

so please go the ideas section and check again for app only ideas

:rolleyes:

CrashBoom

Legend
I agree on that point. I don't think separating desktop and mobile into separate sections would achieve that goal.
actually it would be the opposite
browser ideas will be discussed browser only :rolleyes:

because every time someone is asking about if/how will it be on the app someone will say:
if you want it in the app post it in the app forum you have your own forum, this is for the browser game

:D

and still nobody proved yet that app ideas would need an own forum
with a few examples were browser players sabotaged app ideas :rolleyes:

and if someone has an app idea he simply can put [app] in the thread title to show this would be app only

from starting post

so where did browser players voted negative on app only ideas ?

and btw
browser players could still make negative votes on app ideas
they can make accounts there and just vote everything down there o_O

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
so where did browser players voted negative on app only ideas ?

and btw
browser players could still make negative votes on app ideas
they can make accounts there and just vote everything down there o_O
How an App idea will make the browser player to get good interest with the details given on it. Will the player care to go and verify or thinking how it may happen in mobile. For them, it is just out of topic if someone posted it. Hope you agree to it, since they play the game using browser only.

Also, take the example of fragments into separate tab on the inventory. Good idea for browser, but what was the outcome for mobile, completely none, since inventory UI is completely different for browser and UI. Take the Market example, same lie inventory different UI design for displaying goods on browser and mobile.

Why to mention [App] on the idea infront of the browser crowd? It is not suitable for them and why to claim lik, did they put negative or positive. Adding/sharing itself doesn't interest the crowd, why to prove like it got spoiled somewhere.

If the separate mobile team handles the matter, Guild ranking affecting from GvG might have removed long back based on mobile player-base community support. That's my opinion.

Emberguard

Emperor
If the separate mobile team handles the matter, Guild ranking affecting from GvG might have removed long back based on mobile player-base community support. That's my opinion.
Only if mobile is operating in a vacuum. It's not

Also, take the example of fragments into separate tab on the inventory. Good idea for browser, but what was the outcome for mobile, completely none, since inventory UI is completely different for browser and UI. Take the Market example, same lie inventory different UI design for displaying goods on browser and mobile.

Inventory overall is fairly similar at least.

New_Canvas.jpeg

Any other changes you'd make?

For the sake of adding in the extra button:

image.png

Ideally I'd want the fragments to automatically become a full building as soon as there's enough to merge. Then you wouldn't even need to add an extra button to assemble it

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
so the app removes the guild ranking and players don't have it anymore :rolleyes:
and the guild ranking is browser only ?

because if you keep the guild ranking but change it then that change automatically is affecting the guild ranking in browser too

and then it isn't an app only idea anymore and browser players have the right to vote for that change too

I don't have any clue about app ui (I don't have the app)

but I would think those changes in browser would also be implemented in the app

but how would an app forum change that ?
are players forced to post those changes again there with different aspects of the inventory / market