• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Limited Upgrades discussion thread

GwenGwen

Merchant
Inno, do you intend to push players to abandon their real lives, their families, their jobs and everything else to play all day on foe? It's no longer a hobby, it's a permanent constraint. And all this with something temporary, which for me is synonymous with useless and superficial, therefore a waste of time.

If you decide your policy this way, many people will abandon the game, including me.

Inno, do you intend to push players to abandon their real lives, their families, their jobs and everything else to play all day on foe? It's no longer a hobby, it's a permanent constraint. And all this with something temporary, which for me is synonymous with useless and superficial, therefore a waste of time.

If you decide your policy this way, many people will abandon the game, including me.
Pretty much yes lol. I never built the tourney grounds either because it only lasts one GBG.

these will be the new timed rewards i suppose you'll get after getting the main building. gold chest will prob give you 20 out of 150 fragments, bronze chests only 5. which means that for these upgrades you'll have to be redoing all settlements all the time, to get one week of upgrade on one of them after 7-8 new completions of the same settlement.

correct me if i'm wrong :)

Flo0Fil2L0

Merchant
these will be the new timed rewards i suppose you'll get after getting the main building. gold chest will prob give you 20 out of 150 fragments, bronze chests only 5. which means that for these upgrades you'll have to be redoing all settlements all the time, to get one week of upgrade on one of them after 7-8 new completions of the same settlement.

correct me if i'm wrong :)
How horrible !!

Atokirina

Squire
r5jbV4N.png

Someone update main thread please.

My speculation is that these upgrades can be won from GE6-10. The Forgotten Temple is the only building in the game that also has a 28 days expiration, just like these upgrades. I don't think that's a coincidence.

It's perfect: if you complete GE6-10 you get enough fragments for an Ascended Settlement Reward Building Selection Kit and then you can choose one of the upgrades. Next week another one, and so one. That way you can keep 4 settlement buildings at ascended levels. On the condition that you work for it and complete GE10 every week, which will be "deliberately difficult" (read: nightmare difficulty).

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
My speculation is that these upgrades can be won from GE6-10. The Forgotten Temple is the only building in the game that also has a 28 days expiration, just like these upgrades. I don't think that's a coincidence.

It's perfect: if you complete GE6-10 you get enough fragments for an Ascended Settlement Reward Building Selection Kit and then you can choose one of the upgrades. Next week another one, and so one. That way you can keep 4 settlement buildings at ascended levels. On the condition that you work for it and complete GE10 every week, which will be "deliberately difficult" (read: nightmare difficulty).
I hope your speculation turn out to be correct. Though I fear it's not and been swapped with the 60fps for completing more settlements after completing the main grand building from a settlement

Did the game already say that there will be 5 more GE levels?

Yes, Matt, the Product Head of Inno said (see the announcements):

For 2024, here are some exciting updates:
  • Guild Expeditions: Introducing 5 new difficulties with a smoother difficulty curve and more frequent transitions between offensive and defensive boosts. We'll make the later levels deliberately difficult so that you have something to work towards over the next couple of years.
A moderator then replied to me in a thread that this indeed refers to GE6-GE10.
Not saying that it's a certainty, but at the time of writing it was the intention of Inno to make GE6-10.

I hope your speculation turn out to be correct. Though I fear it's not and been swapped with the 60fps for completing more settlements after completing the main grand building from a settlement
Why do you think that? If that's the case, why would they pick 28 days as the duration? That precise number has nothing to do with how long it takes to complete another settlement run.
The settlement runs are not equal as well: it takes longer to do an Egypt run than a Japan run. The Egypt boost should therefore be longer active than the Japan boost.

But 28 days is 4 x 7 days, and 7 days is the unit by which a single GE run is measured. And Inno likes 'subscription' models like the Forgotten Temple or Tourney Grounds ("Keep coming back or you will lose your boost").

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Why do you think that? If that's the case, why would they pick 28 days as the duration? That precise number has nothing to do with how long it takes to complete another settlement run.
The settlement runs are not equal as well: it takes longer to do an Egypt run than a Japan run. The Egypt boost should therefore be longer active than the Japan boost.

But 28 days is 4 x 7 days, and 7 days is the unit by which a single GE run is measured. And Inno likes 'subscription' models like the Forgotten Temple or Tourney Grounds ("Keep coming back or you will lose your boost").
It's just speculation ofc. I'm basing it off the announcements that they wanna change settlements. The 28d expiration time might be just an easy ~1m active time. To letting us just barely squeezing in 2 settlements. It's also just purely speculation. Based on what could make sense in-theme. To give us a carrot so to speak to consistently completing a settlement. Similarly like you've described it a subscription.
I would love to have them in GE6+ but I think they might reserve it for something more in theme with GE's theme. Like the forgotten temple. It would be much "easier" to collect every 4w fragments from completing GE6+ than completing settlements over and over again.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I believe The frags of the upgrade kit will come from something Guild-based. The motivation is higher in GE because its a team effort. The upgrades are nice but the settlements are pretty boring and those frags wont increase the fun factor by much.....if any. Cant wait to find out. Its good to have something to look forward too.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Which server is it even? I cant find that post on the official FoE Discord...
It's not an event. There are upgrades discovered for cultural settlement main rewards. Which are temporary (28d so far we know now from leaked information).