• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Interface improvements and feature test

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
newlogo1.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Tuesday and Wednesday, July 25th and 26th, we are releasing some changes and additions!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "To many changes!" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Big Salute for considering the mobile app!!

Improved buff bar: :Thumbsup:

Collapsible quest window: Not able to understand the actual benefit of implementing it. It looks like going to irritate more on a daily basis.

---Special Note---
My mind voice: Please God, make the Dev's implement the army management touch behaviour also perform like PC in the mobile app.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Screenshot%202023-07-25%20111917.png

let's hope we can click on one of those boosts to use that in the right side
(and not always the Kraken is shown)

Yes, You can.

Edit, No, You can't... I thought it worked, tried again now, it doesn't.
It's always the first shown.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Also, just a small nitpick, but maybe change the name of the collapsed quest window to "Quests" instead of "Story." Same with the other collapsible stuff. Instead of just showing the first thing, show a representative icon or text for the collective group instead of just the first item of the group.

Also, I'd like the collapsible buff window on browser :D

nice2haveu

Baronet
For the collapsible window it works very smooth. BUT, if I want to click on daily challenge, I need to cross the quests screen and clicking the challenger icon only it will display. I believe event quests also, going to happen same. Like, my intention is to open events but it will open first quest window.

So it will be better to pick our desired window (event/dc/quest) from city main screen itself like old design. Once clicked giving this collapsible window will be a definite treat. It's a small change which gives better feeling.

And close button is hanging in the right side top which displayed over city buildings area. As a mobile user, doesn't need that close button because touching outside the window it will get closed automatically. But if it is getting placed means place it on the quest window itself gives better context.

Appreciating for bringing improved buff bar approach and one small request like if some thing getting updated (like count reduced for an item, newly added an item) means gives some movement (automate) effect to indicate something happened.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I wonder how long it will take before a premium login bonus will be added as well.
They kinda got a "consumable"/monthly cash daily login reward: even cash passes. Might be only matter of time to see: bronze, Silver, gold, platina, diamond, crystal and ultimate cash passes in the future.
Forge+ login rewards and benefits are a joke compared to event cash passes: cheaper and better stuff offered.

joyfulrider

Squire
For the collapsible window it works very smooth. BUT, if I want to click on daily challenge, I need to cross the quests screen and clicking the challenger icon only it will display. I believe event quests also, going to happen same. Like, my intention is to open events but it will open first quest window.

So it will be better to pick our desired window (event/dc/quest) from city main screen itself like old design. Once clicked giving this collapsible window will be a definite treat. It's a small change which gives better feeling.

And close button is hanging in the right side top which displayed over city buildings area. As a mobile user, doesn't need that close button because touching outside the window it will get closed automatically. But if it is getting placed means place it on the quest window itself gives better context.

Appreciating for bringing improved buff bar approach and one small request like if some thing getting updated (like count reduced for an item, newly added an item) means gives some movement (automate) effect to indicate something happened.
Good analysis and suggestions.

-Alin-

Emperor
Also, just a small nitpick, but maybe change the name of the collapsed quest window to "Quests" instead of "Story." Same with the other collapsible stuff. Instead of just showing the first thing, show a representative icon or text for the collective group instead of just the first item of the group.

Also, I'd like the collapsible buff window on browser :D
1690307954544.png
browser too

Silly Beaver

Merchant
Buff bar is a great idea. Like the way it stacks so you can tell you have multiple tiles.

And here we go. One day later after cleaning up the right side of your screen we add more tiles covering up your cityscape. The boost one disappears but the reward one sticks out like a sore thumb. Why not put it in the buff bar stack so it avoids clutter.

Last edited:

Norde

Merchant
when I first saw it, I thought something was broken and two tiles were sliding on top of each other :oops:
but yes, it makes sense. I have to get used to it.

and the unexpected positive result ... that incident spawn point from the top right corner under the fifth buff tile, which was always hidden by about 98% of the buff bar. I will be able to click on it freely. (browser)

It would be super awesome if the 28th day login price was 25 forgotten temple frags.

Yes I freaking forgot to do THE LAST GEX level 5 fight one week and now I'm permanently boned 25 frags short.

Kalliopeia

Farmer
There's no way to select which buff is visible when they're stacked.
If I've just collected HC but LoA still has collections, I'm more interested in the HC boosts. Specifically, though, I want to select which one I'm interested in right now, and have it be the visible one.