• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

How much do special goods cost?

.Dino.

Farmer
Greetings,

Considering the research tree, if I choose not to produce special goods, do all kinds cost the same 20 diamonds each?

It's been quite hard to find this answer around.

1715113975188.png

Take this picture, for instance. After the proper calculations we discover each good is worth 20 diamonds.

1715114039402.png

But unless we're at the exact point in the tree, we can't see how much other kinds cost.

Don't mind the language. I'm from Brazil, so bringing pictures from the BR servers are easier for me.

P.S.: I know there are some other ways to get around this, but it's for a project. I'm working on a new video for my channel regarding how to cross Arctic and Oceanic in less than a few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Special goods cost 20 diamonds each. Regular goods cost 10 diamonds each. Both on the tech tree and the C-Map. Good luck with trying to convince players to buy the special goods with diamonds. You do realize that getting thru the AF-OF tech tree requires a total of 23,310 special goods? 466,200 diamonds needed at a cost of what, +/- $3000 USD?
Special goods cost 20 diamonds each. Regular goods cost 10 diamonds each. Both on the tech tree and the C-Map. Good luck with trying to convince players to buy the special goods with diamonds. You do realize that getting thru the AF-OF tech tree requires a total of 23,310 special goods? 466,200 diamonds needed at a cost of what, +/- $3000 USD?

Solution

.Dino.

Farmer
I won't try to convince them... It's the contrary. It's a warning to make them forget about this crazy idea. It'd be just extra info.

And thanks for the intel, but... are you sure? I mean...

1715115869568.png

After the calculations now, we see that this one doesn't cost 20 diamonds, but 5.

I won't try to convince them... It's the contrary. It's a warning to make them forget about this crazy idea. It'd be just extra info.

And thanks for the intel, but... are you sure? I mean...

View attachment 11310

After the calculations now, we see that this one doesn't cost 20 diamonds, but 5.
No, I'm not so sure. The only places that I can check are SAT buildings (I'm done both the tech tree and the C-map there) and on the OF C-Map. In both places the cost is 20 diamonds per good. Looks like it varies from place to place. I never noticed that but then I've never bought goods with diamonds.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Regular Goods cost 5 diamond per.

Refined Goods cost 10 diamond per.

Special Goods in AF/OF are things made from regular goods using harbors normally. They cost 20 diamond per. (Able to verify OF using my beta city which is in OF). Actually thought it used to be higher - for some reason 30 diamond per is what I thought they cost.

Special Goods in Space Ages are things used to make goods. They cost 5 diamond per like Regular Goods. (Able to verify in SAT in addition to your SAM pic). Of course they're also far cheaper to diamond-rush by rushing the exploration sites than by paying for the special good directly (you can generally get ~100 for 30 diamonds rushing the biggest site of the age this way instead of 500 diamonds).