• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback History Event 2024

Kronan

Viceroy
I wil not play this event on the live servers because imho it's much too time consuming for the benefits it grants.
And the whole game is moving in that direction.

Historical Event final analysis and constructive feedback:

I left a few thousands coins in the event well, and I don't think I EVER had an empty ticket well. The ticket well got to 7 and 1 time, 9. I was just so bored by how they designed this with nothing intellectual or fun - I let the entire thing basically languish.
This mechanic needs to be more fun, exciting, challenging, etc. It just doesn't resonate with me for the general quality of the rewards, and the copious amount of time to play each round. Many suggestions were made here:

This mechanic and event design is way off base for what I call "Fun" in FoE.
I was disappointed in most of the reward prizes (and colored them RED to show that, below), save the Ethereal Fountain (level 1 or 2). That level of reward was something that kept me mildly engaged to play.

Moving solidly to 8 (4x2) square standalone building sizes for the 4 named below, is kinda new. That might be considered a mild dilution,and is higher than the typical "6" and closer to the typical "9". Jury still out on "value" proposition of 8 relative to other sizes.

For it's size, I was not interested in the Lilac Garden at all. It's rather anemic in either level version (certainly 1 and still, 2)

Trying to "copy" the Spark Stormspire concepts - the Garrison family of prizes was also a tough sell, and I just got 2 gold upgrades. I tried to play for more gold upgrades (got lots of silver ones...), but they seemed rather elusive. My thought is that designing it as a Base + 3 level buildings makes it not differentiable enough between levels to be compelling. 4 levels is way too granular, is overkill for where it starts, and where it finally ends up. 4 level building designs shouldn't be hockey stick...IMHO. (relatively flat for 3 levels, then a big boost in level 4)

Finally, the Fromage. Has potential for GbG-centric players, which I am not in beta (or live) - and is comparable for satiating rewards similar to the Ethereal Fountain. I personally wasn't interested in this, especially for 8 squares of space, but... it might generate some mild (or more) interest. A slightly better appointment of value might still be appropriate for live.

Since I didn't like the mechanic and how much I had to engage with it to make palpable progress, I didn't play for the event prize or league status.

League rewards were NOT compelling at all.

So my net-net Event Feedback?

Generally unappealing, uninteresting, too time consuming. Ethereal Fountain was the gem for me. Nothing else. 3 RED buildings, and 1 solid green in my analysis.

Last edited:

Atosha

Merchant
Some feedback for this event:
First, I think it has been said a lot but the event is not very appealing by himself, lots of guildmates did not play it or only a bit. I'm not sure a lot of changes compared to the Halloween one are a plus. Especially, I do prefer choosing a deck against a specific dungeon.
I also think the balancing between dungeons was quite bad, maybe the last adjustment will fix it (with balancing, I mean dungeon efficiency vs cost, but also prize allocation by dungeon vs by enemy type in Halloween).

The animation is another turn-off for me (thanks for the tip to click under the attack button just after by one beta player !). I think Inno should allow player to deactivate it.
Graphic is not very foe-ish as well but we'll do with it...

Regarding rewards, it's difficult to say right now with an important part being unknown --> do I understand right the announcement right in thinking that sanctuary, garrison, emporium & gate stats are thus definitive? (of course, it'll be wise to wait to use gatehouse emporium kit for tranquil trio def stats).
I do think emporium & gate pop request seems a bit crazy, the "tranquil trio" being on hold for their possible usefulness (or uselessness)

As for the adjustment made:
1- I think it was really bad to change the daily special the day history epic kit was on, I intended to capitalize the golden update I've got from rival thanks to it (as I started on Beta after last year event). Too bad for me, they'll be laying in storage useless...
2- It's good that adjustment are made. I hope you're aware with all this (and some very late) that relaying information to live server will be proved more difficult than usual and that you'll have to be a few notches above with yours before the event begins.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Just one change, remove all garrisons related buildings from the entire event and replace it with red and blue boost items which got introduced newly. I will not make any complaints for this event after this change;).

Let make a new history in the history event like an event mostly focused on battle boosts instead of some building rewards.

Traveler64

Squire
Just one change, remove all garrisons related buildings from the entire event and replace it with red and blue boost items which got introduced newly. I will not make any complaints for this event after this change;).

Let make a new history in the history event like an event mostly focused on battle boosts instead of some building rewards.
Yes right, this event has too many new buildings/ items. It's like early winter event. Replacing the 1x1 garrisons would be a nice move.

Traveler64

Squire
We also plan to make some adjustments to the secondary 2-level buildings for the live version as well. We will tell you more details once we are ready with those and also what changes for the ones already acquired on beta.
Let me guess, these buildings will provide fragments for the new boosts? Bcz the Stormspire produces fragments for the Daunting Tower, the Garrisons don't (yet).

doughster

Merchant
First event ever I didnt complete looked better after the QI potions were added but by then I was so far behind wasnt worth attempting

How many players actually do QI? Is it possible to do a very minimum amount in QI to satisfy this event? Trying to tie in QI, a very unpopular pursuit, with events will surely add to the nails in the FoE coffin.

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
QI is a great addition to the game. It will take time for it to feel like home to us. We have to work with Inno and give the best feedback we can to make it better. Let's not just spit out the negative without helpful insight. We are FOE! Don't let that get lost in your head. We are the game. This is our land and we defend it with ideas, fixes, and community support. I don't get on here to argue with players lol........... I want to argue with developers. To sum up my point, we need to offer real thoughts and fixes and not just banter because we deserve the best they can offer.... let's offer them our best communication. I'm guilty of it too. We have to do better as a community.

• If I start a deck and THEN change the daily special, the chests will show the "old" DS until the current deck battels are completed.
  • Player should be allowed to opt out from combat animation
  • In case of defeat the animation should not show our card hitting the enemy, since the enemy hit first and our card didn't hit the enemy (unlike in Halloween). It might be better to change the player hit point after the enemy hit instead of waiting for the whole animation to end.
  • It might be better to say in the announcement that easy deck should be beatable with very low amount of coins.
  • Changing the reward's values so many times makes it difficult to judge if they are worth it. This means that participation data from beta are not worth anything. Especially when you just announced that the reward will be changed again in live!
  • This event wasn't fun. It is mixing the ticket mechanic from the wildlife (where coins are spend sporadically) with Halloween (where coins are used in every deck). The two do not mash well.
  • [For future event] Publish whole rival quest line and reward for beta BEFORE the rival start (or just as it start). Currently participation in Rival for beta is based on "does the player want to know what is in this rival?" While participation in live server is based on "Is rival worth it?" (at least for European and American servers). Publishing the quest + rewards on beta would make the data generated more valuable.
  • I do not like the boosters introduced. But I think that boosters that cannot be used until future development should be held back until the corresponding feature is released: Attacking and Defending boost for defending army in GBG!
  • I'm not sure the booster time is correct for all version. I think the QI one might be too short and might need an extension. At the start of QI battles are painfully slow. At the end we can auto-fight. That has a huge impact on how useful is a 30 minutes booster.

Alaska Gris

Farmer
I had a CTD everytime I finished the last card (IOS).
Too many tickets and few coins. The easy choice is ok, but the prices are very poor, and I don’t think that fighting lots of them is good fun. For the other two choices, the enemy always hiting first is a killer, considering that many oponents need to be atacked twice, and I had the feeling that the odds are always against you (this could be a false impression, perhaps I am very unlucky).
To find the right card takes lots of resets + buying the extra cards leaves you out of coins very soon.
Conclusion: the Event is not very attractive, because is very time-consuming and the effort is not worth for the given rewards.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
QI is a great addition to the game. It will take time for it to feel like home to us. We have to work with Inno and give the best feedback we can to make it better. Let's not just spit out the negative without helpful insight. We are FOE! Don't let that get lost in your head. We are the game. This is our land and we defend it with ideas, fixes, and community support. I don't get on here to argue with players lol........... I want to argue with developers. To sum up my point, we need to offer real thoughts and fixes and not just banter because we deserve the best they can offer.... let's offer them our best communication. I'm guilty of it too. We have to do better as a community.
Why added this feedback in the history event?

We have to do better as a community.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
How many players actually do QI? Is it possible to do a very minimum amount in QI to satisfy this event? Trying to tie in QI, a very unpopular pursuit, with events will surely add to the nails in the FoE coffin.
This is not improving anything related to history event. If we are talking about QI, then we have to go for different thread.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I had a CTD everytime I finished the last card (IOS).
Too many tickets and few coins. The easy choice is ok, but the prices are very poor, and I don’t think that fighting lots of them is good fun. For the other two choices, the enemy always hiting first is a killer, considering that many oponents need to be atacked twice, and I had the feeling that the odds are always against you (this could be a false impression, perhaps I am very unlucky).
To find the right card takes lots of resets + buying the extra cards leaves you out of coins very soon.
Conclusion: the Event is not very attractive, because is very time-consuming and the effort is not worth for the given rewards.
I had the opposite case which is like too many coins and no battle tickets in the end.

In PVP first option of purchase is medals, rest are diamonds. Likewise, here they could have planned for battle tickets purchase option first option would be with battle coins and rest of the choice with diamonds. And for battle coins no change since diamonds to all purchase is fair. I personally like this suggestion to get implemented in the live server.

Alaska Gris

Farmer
I do, and many pleople in my guild play too. At first looks very simple and repetitive, but there is more to it than it looks. The prices are good too. Besides, it increases the interest of the Expedition’s level 5 for the Temple boost, participation in guild battles and settlements.
So, having potions in the Event is a good addition.

Last edited:

hades8840

Marquis
I thought would try the new potions from the history event have a blue node up so tried a blue potion meant to add 100% attack to my defending troops it hasnt so thought maybe I am using the wrong potion so tried a red one again hasnt worked ..it was hard getting them potions and now two have been wasted

CrashBoom

Legend
I thought would try the new potions from the history event have a blue node up so tried a blue potion meant to add 100% attack to my defending troops it hasnt so thought maybe I am using the wrong potion so tried a red one again hasnt worked ..it was hard getting them potions and now two have been wasted
what defending troops ?

the new boosts are for different things

That seems like a bug. If you have consumed the potion you should get +100% attack. Maybe it's only a visual bug like in the early days of QI. Have you played manual battle? It could be that you see your boost in the manual fight.