• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Historical Allies

It seems like a new feature is on the way, called Historical Allies.

In our cities a new building will appear:

V_SS_StoneAge_HistoricalAllies-a84b6bc7f.png

If you have researched the tech Cultivation in Bronze Age, this building will change to:

V_SS_BronzeAge_HistoricalAllies-c5317cdcf.png

Infotexts:

"Click to visit your Historical Allies."
"Research 'Cultivation' in the tech tree to unlock Historical Allies."

There are two infoscreens, which are currently blurred:

historical_allies_info_screen_new_1-035916af2.jpg

historical_allies_info_screen_new_2-8700d2d99.jpg

Notice the QI symbol on the bottom?

There is also this mysterious image:

W_SS_MultiAge_HistoricalAlliesStarter24A-6fe23e8a5.png

Alexander:

historical_allies_alexander-19f0be276.png

Arminius:
historical_allies_arminius-2b360c1eb.png

Boudicca:
historical_allies_boudicca-fe35ae8e8.png

Spartan soldier:
historical_allies_spartan_soldier-3ccd4913e.png

Teuta:
historical_allies_teuta-e6e7c62dd.png

Portraits:

historical_allies_portraits_0-1d665cfe3.png

Backgrounds and HUD:

historical_allies_window_0-1a9ae3688.png

Mysterious image relating to Historical Allies:
rules_historical_allies-55f7a0276.png

Other stuff:

teaser_historical_allies_description_icon_2-2a2441cb8.png
teaser_historical_allies_description_icon_1-a49127be8.png

Last edited:
Rise of Cultures has something similar called "Allied Cultures". It is a hybrid between FoE's Settlement and Planetary Colony features.
I wonder if these will be similar. I must ask if it is necessary to add this feature when Settlements, Planetary Colonies, and QI already exist.
Perhaps the feature will instead be a Planetary Colony-esque feature for the lower ages?

LeonaRdo78

Merchant
The guild chooses Napoleon as a patron and receives unique bonuses... or Archimedes... or Beethoven... it seems the game is changing more than I thought.

Goldra

Marquis
Looks like they want to create another 11 days tournament, starting on tuesdays. The expedition with 10 levels and this feature.
For thursdays, camps and QI; and for tuesdays expeditions and allieds!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The guild chooses Napoleon as a patron and receives unique bonuses... or Archimedes... or Beethoven... it seems the game is changing more than I thought.
That sounds more like a majorly reimagined system like guild perks. Where guilds choose different benefits to develop.

Something came to my mind. Product Head Matt did announce a few months ago in his teaser:

"Quantum Incursions: A new raid system featuring Heroes, details of which will be revealed later."

He refers to "Heroes" which are somehow connected to QI. But so far we have heard nothing about heroes in QI and there is no reference to be found anywhere about them. Maybe the Historical Allies are the "Heroes"? There is a QI symbol on the infoscreen so my theory is that these historical allies (among other things) give a boost to your QI battle stats.

Maybe the heroes will give different bonus stats for the QI town hall? I think there is some correlation between the given heroes and the existing stats.
Alexander : Red Attack (Offensive conquest of Asia Minor and beyond)
Arminius : Red Defense (An offensive ambush at Teutoburg against Roman incursion)
Boudicca : Blue Attack (Rebellion against Roman occupation of the British isles)
Spartan : Blue Defense (Defensive last stand at Thermopylae)
Teuta : Production bonuses (regency for her stepson with emphasis on control of trade in the Adriatic)

Traveler64

Squire
Maybe the heroes will give different bonus stats for the QI town hall? I think there is some correlation between the given heroes and the existing stats.
Alexander : Red Attack (Offensive conquest of Asia Minor and beyond)
Arminius : Red Defense (An offensive ambush at Teutoburg against Roman incursion)
Boudicca : Blue Attack (Rebellion against Roman occupation of the British isles)
Spartan : Blue Defense (Defensive last stand at Thermopylae)
Teuta : Production bonuses (regency for her stepson with emphasis on control of trade in the Adriatic)
History wizard spotted

Last edited:
Good finds! Those are certainly the QI portal, Action Points and the QI difficulty levels. I think it's beyond doubt now that the Historical Allies will provide a boost to QI.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
common - epic - legendary
Too bad they're skipping a couple of tiers: uncommon and rare. Typical rarity systems are like: common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary. In some special cases there are tiers above legendary but the naming of those vary. Generally I've seen exotic, mythical and ultimate as the tier above legendary.

They're mostly depending on their context. For example with some racing games above legendary cars are ultimate cars. They lack upgrades as they're the best they'll ever be and are often slightly better than maxed out legendary cars. Exotic I've seen in games with a vast fictional world. Where the origins are often shrouded with highly limited knowledge and speculation filling in the gaps. Mythical I've seen with games relying more heavily on random encounters and extremely fast short lived events. For Forge if they're ever going for a tier above legends, I think it's more wise to opt for exotic or even mythical than ultimate. As ultimate implies it's the best of something that'll ever be. With power creep it may the worst option out there.
Personally I think those tiers past legendary are situationally depending on the context of the game. Mythical applies the subject is originating from folklore/fairytales rather than the factional realm. As where exotic applies its foreign in the sense of unobtainable unless introduced or encountered wherever it may be from origin. Which can be harder than tracking down well documented legends. There may no records for there is no awareness of its existence. With ultimate it's implied the best version the subject can ever be. Which is more fitting for something mechanically engineered or constructed or a character maxed out on specs and thus being in its ultimate version but might be the worse option for Forge. Considering power creep. It also implies it's the hard cap of whatever the subject is part of in whatever it has particularly excelled. It's after all the best of something that ever will be.