• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Boo...

Baronet
After playing the new GBG on a live server, I realized that a new type of farming will soon appear - farming tower fragments. People will switch to a guild season with 900 LP, there is less competition. Fighting in guilds with 1000 LP is much more difficult. Thus, the value of a permanent guild will decrease.

After playing the new GBG on a live server, I realized that a new type of farming will soon appear - farming tower fragments. People will switch to a guild season with 900 LP, there is less competition. Fighting in guilds with 1000 LP is much more difficult. Thus, the value of a permanent guild will decrease.
Wouldn't you think that Guilds would catch on to this quickly? The name of the game in farming for Tower frags is ending up in one of the top 3 positions at the end of the GBG season. But, when a Guild does that they will progress, sooner or later, to D1K. Presumably, at this point the player would dump that guild and find another D900 guild to join. Pretty soon, their guild "resume" would clearly reveal what they are up to. Even so, it is an interesting thought.

Boo...

Baronet
Wouldn't you think that Guilds would catch on to this quickly? The name of the game in farming for Tower frags is ending up in one of the top 3 positions at the end of the GBG season. But, when a Guild does that they will progress, sooner or later, to D1K. Presumably, at this point the player would dump that guild and find another D900 guild to join. Pretty soon, their guild "resume" would clearly reveal what they are up to. Even so, it is an interesting thought.
It is enough for two guilds to agree and change them every season.
1 season
Guild A plays, LP rises
Guild B is resting, LP is falling
Season 2
Guild A is resting, LP is falling
Guild B plays, LP rises

This is not a transition of one person, it is a transition of 30 players from guild A and 30 players from guild B.

During the year, all players in guilds A and B will have 8 towers.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If I'm not mistaken, the "towers" or diamond top3 buildings are changing every championship. If recalled correctly, championships are every 6w. 7,5k fragments are required per selection kit. Even if players are able to obtain an unbroken winning streak by being every season in the guild that ends at #1 spot, they'll get 3k fragments * 6 victories = 18k fragments : 7,5k fragments per selection kit = 2,4k selection kits. In other words at best one get 1 lvl2 tower of champions.
Unless towers return after this championship, it'll be impossible to obtain more than 1 lvl2 tower.

Boo...

Baronet
If I'm not mistaken, the "towers" or diamond top3 buildings are changing every championship. If recalled correctly, championships are every 6w. 7,5k fragments are required per selection kit. Even if players are able to obtain an unbroken winning streak by being every season in the guild that ends at #1 spot, they'll get 3k fragments * 6 victories = 18k fragments : 7,5k fragments per selection kit = 2,4k selection kits. In other words at best one get 1 lvl2 tower of champions.
Unless towers return after this championship, it'll be impossible to obtain more than 1 lvl2 tower.
You're right, I didn't take into account that the Champions Tower has two levels.
But this does not cancel the idea of farming.

-Alin-

Emperor
Unless towers return after this championship, it'll be possible to obtain more than 1 lvl2 tower.

W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023C2-36590d3c2.pngW_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023C1-a1770f95c.png

These are the towers for the next championship.

good idea

but then also remove the luck of traps and always apply those percentages too ;)
Why not? Then nobody can say they're being cheated by the rng because they only do 10 fights per day. :p

I posted some pages back but I still think it would be interesting if there was "guild influence" over attrition. Like some barely noticeable % gone( (like 5% so a 20% sector would have 15%) if the sector has the arrow or +100% attrition if it has the hand.

CrashBoom

Legend

These are the towers for the next championship.
I just checked the names
already released tower. name of
lvl 1: W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023A
lvl 2: W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023B

these new buildings:
W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023C1 &
W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023C2

so this is not a new tower with 2 levels
but a 3rd level for the "Tower of Champions" where you chose between 2 versions (C1 & C2)

Last edited:

Boo...

Baronet
I just checked the names
already released tower. name of
lvl 1: W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023A
lvl 2: W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023B

this new buildings:
W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023C1 &
W_SS_MultiAge_GBGWatchtower2023C2

so this is not a new tower with 2 levels
but a 3rd level for the "Tower of Champions" where you chose between 2 versions (C1 & C2)
Calmed me down. I was already starting to panic.

You're right, I didn't take into account that the Champions Tower has two levels.
But this does not cancel the idea of farming.
In your scenario, Guild A and Guild B agree to alternate between D1000 and D900 with each expecting to win their respective seasons. If both of these Guilds are capable of winning at the D1000 level, why would they agree to this? They wouldn't. If a single Guild decided to alternate between D1000 and D900 (which happened a lot with weaker D1000 Guilds) they would need to win at the D1000 level, then lose at the D1000 level, drop to D900, then win there (at which point they return to D1000). Again, why would a Guild do this? They are capable of winning at the D1000 level but rest in between wins? Doing this would result in them taking 50% longer to get the Tower. I think that your idea is intriguing at the player level but not practical at the guild level.

Boo...

Baronet
In your scenario, Guild A and Guild B agree to alternate between D1000 and D900 with each expecting to win their respective seasons. If both of these Guilds are capable of winning at the D1000 level, why would they agree to this? They wouldn't. If a single Guild decided to alternate between D1000 and D900 (which happened a lot with weaker D1000 Guilds) they would need to win at the D1000 level, then lose at the D1000 level, drop to D900, then win there (at which point they return to D1000). Again, why would a Guild do this? They are capable of winning at the D1000 level but rest in between wins? Doing this would result in them taking 50% longer to get the Tower. I think that your idea is intriguing at the player level but not practical at the guild level.
This is exactly what I'm talking about - the value of the guild may decrease. The player's value is to grow.
It is easier to win with 925 LP than with 1000 LP.

PilgrimDK

Merchant
One problem is the diamond costs. To win diamond league against another big active guild, you have to buy alot of high tier buildings complete for the extra point boosts and it´s very expensive. We used diamonds for around 100 euros in the first 24-36 hours of the round on live server and if we continue in that pace, the cost in diamonds will be to expensive to compete serious.

At this state the winner of a championship will be either the guild who are willing to use most diamonds or the top guild who get alot of solo rounds where they can keep the high points sectors running on points as the smaller guilds never will get to the middle.

Magenta

Farmer
I see that one thing that has changed with the new GBG system is not mentioned anywhere.

We now get Fragment of Guild Battleground Elephant/Statue Kit. Previously they were named Fragment of The Great Elephant/Statue Of Honor Selection Kit. I haven't tested if assembled new version and old version kits work with each other, but fragments don't for sure.

I have now old version fragments that has stopped increasing and new ones that should be enough to complete the old fragment set but they appear as different items!

Is there going to be a fix to combine old and new fragments? Or are the old ones going become some junk in our storages?

@Juber I think it has been mentioned before but when this goes live please make sure that the fragments for the statue of honor are compatible with the new selection kits As it stands I'm at 199/200 fragments and that is really frustrating. :mad:

What happens to the old selection kits fragments we've gathered? I have 6/200 respectively 196/200. Can't they automatically be exchanged in selection kits if you have more than 200 and then the difference be exchanged for a modest reward? 1 FP per fragment?

@Juber
We have asked/mentioned this detail but still no explanation?

Arch1e

Marquis
championship update after 3 from 6 seasons: 4 guilds with 3 victories for the championship
#1. KYPIAPXOI - big favorite: 3.6 million victory points
#2. Polska - can only win if they are in the same battlefield with #1 and defeat them. because only 1.8 million VP
#3. DK Beta Easy Riders. on place 194 with 747 league points, and only 1.1 million VP.
#4. outsiders. place 274 with 613 league points and 760k VP. but also 3 victories

#1 is expected to win (my expectation for that result 99%
#2 only chance if they beat #1 in the same battlefield (0.99%)
#3 & #4 with 3 more wins will end at 1000 LP and IF #1 & #2 both fail in making 3 more wins they could win the championship (will happen in 0.01%)

This is related to a question I can’t seem to find an answer for. How is the new Gbg ranking system going to work out as we progress? In my live world, I currently see all 1000 lp guilds ranked first, then the lower diamond league ones, followed by platinum etc, in league point order. Then there will be wins, victory points accumulated and so forth. What happens when, inevitably, a couple of the lower diamond league guilds win their season, and get 1000 league points, with 1 win which will have been easier to achieve than (most) in higher dime league? Do they automatically slot in as number 5 or 6, because the win is valued higher than the number of victory points? And when a Platinum league guild wins, again with potentially much bigger victory points scores than any of the current say top 5-10 ranked guilds who started in 1000 lp dime league. No doubt this will even out over time as most of them may not be active enough to stay in 1000 lp diamond, but it’s nevertheless not entirely reflective of their ability if they overtake guilds who consistently rank 3-4 in that higher echelon. Is the answer to keep 1000 lps the cut for diamond and everything else is platinum? For a start.

Boo...

Baronet
My question is - if there are 7500 fragments of the Champions Tower, can they be combined without the championship cup?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is exactly what I'm talking about - the value of the guild may decrease. The player's value is to grow.
It is easier to win with 925 LP than with 1000 LP.
It's a lot of work to do these whole guild switches, but it is an interesting theoretical possibility. I think the difficulty of it is likely to deter it from becoming "the" strategy.

You need to leave enough power behind in the "lose in 1000" guild to not lose *too* badly - 5th in a group of 7 or 5th/6th in a group of 8.

I tried this briefly for an "always in platinum" strategy on my main world under the old system because diamond rounds were getting to be no fun because of farming coops. That one was easier in the sense that the "time to lose" guild didn't need to do more than stay active (= 40 advances over the whole season) so I could ask some not so active in that world friends to hold it over. But it still became too much work to shuffle everyone back and forth for what it was worth.

Furthermore if you have a *lot* of guilds trying to do this shuffle just to get towers then suddenly there'll be a strange competition for those specific spots needed to get an easy diamond round next round - not everyone can have them :p This might happen anyways amongst guilds that *aren't* shuffling people around. AND the easy diamond round might not be so easy if there's multiple semi-tough guilds trying to make it happen.

I think this is the kind of thing we can give it a little time to see if it develops before worrying about if it needs to be fixed (which could be as simple as only 1000-diamond getting championship tower frags - if it's needed). As long as they don't take 3 years to fix it, it should be fine :p