• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBG season starting prompts selection window to decide opposition army age

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Reason
Players can use their previous age or current age army units to tackle the opposition army units with same level. Interestingly, some players can push there limit one step above like matching the next age opposition units with the players current age army units.
Details
At the start of the GBg season by any guild player, selection choice prompted to pick any one from the three choice.
Previous / Current / Next age army units.

Here, players attacking army units will be max set to current age only. Players can mix of all their available age attacking army units fighting with Gbg AI opponents with previous age or current age or next age army units.
Balance
It maintains balance
Abuse Prevention
No abuse
Summary
Selection choice to make players pick their opposition army to face entire season and once choice made there is no way to change it till the next season. Players can use this strategically based on their needs and situation for the entire season.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not suggested previously
Guild Battle Grounds AI army units placed with current city age by default. Requesting to give selection window at the start of the season to make one time decision for picking the current age units or previous age units (or next age units if applicable) on the opposition army units throughout the season.

In this approach picking the opposition army can have this classification,
Previous age - low victory points and rewards for the players irrespective of what they used as attacking army units
Current age - medium victory points and rewards for the players irrespective of what they used as attacking army units
Next age - high victory points and rewards for the players irrespective of what they used as attacking army units

This selection choice will be opted for every individual player in the guild at the start of the season.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

CrashBoom

Legend
abuse:
I am in age x
I select x-1
I advanced to the next age after start

I fight against units 2 ages below :rolleyes:

Emberguard

Emperor
not according to the idea :p

I don't like that trade off. We just got a building this event that provides 1 age above units. If the game starts restricting where you can access higher aged units then there's no value in providing those units in a city building.

joyfulrider

Marquis
abuse:
I am in age x
I select x-1

Even now that abuse is available.
Once season start, player advanced to next age it won't change the system defending units to the players current age.

Also, idea cannot be considered as abuse because it is a flaw in the game. You cannot call it as a abuse because of the flaw from the game reject the approach.

And, whoever advanced to next age, cannot immediately have the current age military units with 1k count in every slot of army units though having big Alcatraz, GovernorVilla, etc.,

As you said, to overcome this, developer should do something since the idea suggested is somewhat beneficial for every players as per my opinion.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
that would be a very interesting idea to replace gvg so for 4 days at a time you can pick if you wanted to fight colonial troops with YOUR colonial troops it could be a guild feature or an individual challenge or you can just do the age you are in if that floats your boat so people who don't have masses of troops from previous eras can still take part

All Free Now

Marquis
Or have Oceanic units against Colonial Age units xD
Yeah. That is possible.

But according to the idea, you get low points and rewards. So, people need to be cautious when upgrading the city. They should do only at the time Gbg cooling time (3 days) or before starting the Gbg season.

Idea mentioned with, previous age and choice like Oceanic age to colonial age (players should jump many ages immediately), you may win the battle but you lose the purpose of Gbg to gain more points.

All Free Now

Marquis
abuse:
I am in age x
I select x-1

If any user do like that, they cannot do that jump in every season. We don't have unlimited ages in the game. Soon, they will come to a point like before / now / new age units. Players using it like that for one or two seasons cannot over exaggerate for players using as it is.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
abuse:
I am in age x
I select x-1

You can fight against below current age units. Only problem is you get low victory points and rewards, Dev's should implement a formula to reduce victory points and rewards ratio based on the players attacking army age and opposition army age difference. I didn't include this point because I don't know the formula about how they the handle code for victory points calculation and rewards appearing ratio in GBG, so mentioned plainly as previous age opposition army means low victory points and rewards.

I don't like that trade off. We just got a building this event that provides 1 age above units. If the game starts restricting where you can access higher aged units then there's no value in providing those units in a city building.
No restriction on players attacking army units. I only wish to remove the restriction on opposition army given by default current age in the GbG.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
that would be a very interesting idea to replace gvg so for 4 days at a time you can pick if you wanted to fight colonial troops with YOUR colonial troops it could be a guild feature or an individual challenge or you can just do the age you are in if that floats your boat so people who don't have masses of troops from previous eras can still take part
I am a mobile user, not able to understand the gvg context here. Sorry for it.

-Alin-

Emperor
Worst idea ever so far.

Why always people want the easy way and never work for something to achieve it?

Also they should ban HAU players from GbG, putting a cap of only units of Your age in GbG to be used.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Worst idea ever so far.

Why always people want the easy way and never work for something to achieve it?

Also they should ban HAU players from GbG, putting a cap of only units of Your age in GbG to be used.
Wow. In live server myself stayed for Tomorrow era for 1 year, Future era for more than 5 years (not sure about the exact count), Arctic era for one year, Oceanic era more than one year. Don't give your assumption about never work for something to achieve it. I am not that guy, not even close.

If you don't like the idea, I don't have any issue. But, don't judge the people with the idea suggested.

I don't want anything easy, after one bad season in gbg, once the next season started thought to not use the current age units for the entire season since it won't be enough. Hence, suggested this idea by selecting opponents army from the previous age where plenty of those resting in the army management window to use it for attacking. You picked the negative part so seriously, though they can achieve less reward and victory point to boost guild rating in the gbg season. Without this idea, now everyone knows very well, opponents army is current age only. I just gave the choice, so players can decide based on the available units in the army management window. I don't see why this was a worst idea ever. It is a one time request at the start of the season and they cannot modify it till the next season, so whatever they choose, they should play with it till the end of the season.

Actually, what are they achieving it from this way easily? can you please elaborate.

-Alin-

Emperor
Obnoxious thought!!

Did they give you any special reward for using future era hover units against (arctic, oceanic, virtual, sam) higher age opponents army units?

Never used Hovers against AF/OF, we barely had 200/200 attack stats back then, 2015-16.
I was only SAM for GbG when was deployed on beta with 500/300 stats and I survived just fine.

If Inno want GbG to be fair, as I said, HAU units should be stopped, even If that means to stop players from using lower age units aswell, just because sometimes happens to be better than the actual era ones.

I play in Titan and fights are worse, but I get over it.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Wow. In live server myself stayed for Tomorrow era for 1 year, Future era for more than 5 years (not sure about the exact count), Arctic era for one year, Oceanic era more than one year. Don't give your assumption about never work for something to achieve it. I am not that guy, not even close.

If you don't like the idea, I don't have any issue. But, don't judge the people with the idea suggested.

I don't want anything easy, after one bad season in gbg, once the next season started thought to not use the current age units for the entire season since it won't be enough. Hence, suggested this idea by selecting opponents army from the previous age where plenty of those resting in the army management window to use it for attacking. You picked the negative part so seriously, though they can achieve less reward and victory point to boost guild rating in the gbg season. Without this idea, now everyone knows very well, opponents army is current age only. I just gave the choice, so players can decide based on the available units in the army management window. I don't see why this was a worst idea ever. It is a one time request at the start of the season and they cannot modify it till the next season, so whatever they choose, they should play with it till the end of the season.

Actually, what are they achieving it from this way easily? can you please elaborate.

How a titan player would chose higher age fights?, please let me know.

Would not be better if your idea would let You select a era of your choice for the entire round and fight against it?
If You are in Titan and You chose Mars as example, you will be only allowed to use SAM units against SAM Units for the entire round and get less vp, rewards as You mentioned, but not a lot less rewards, so things would be end somehow even and You get the chance to use your lower age units aswell.

But not using units of your age against one era below for less rewards. This also could mean Higher attrition on your part and with your less rewards You will most probably overtake a player that have chosen the current era fighting cause he cant go higher in attrition as You can do even with his slightly better rewards.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
How a titan player would chose higher age fights?, please let me know.
if you are in the last available age, you cannot choose higher age. Same like how we got next age goods but loaded with current age goods due to no new age available. Please wait till the next age to be available for doing higher age fights.
Would not be better if your idea would let You select a era of your choice for the entire round and fight against it?
That's the initial intention but restricting players on the army management window is impossible, since army window selection is completely independent from GBG. hence, twisted my intention to opponent army which is part of GBG, enhanced the thought which I had suggested. If they gave the same era choice for attacking and opponent army, I would happily say yes. But waited for more than 10 years, army management window got stacked units change only after all these years and got GBG around 6 or 7 years back (not very sure about it).
If You are in Titan and You chose Mars as example, you will be only allowed to use SAM units against SAM Units for the entire round and get less vp, rewards as You mentioned.

But not using units of your age against one era below for less rewards. This also could mean Higher attrition on your part and with your less rewards You will most probably overtake a player that have chosen the current era fighting cause he cant go higher in attrition as You can do.
One player chose previous era as defending army and other player has chose current age as defending army. Player should understand all the possible outcome before making the choice. It's a strategy for gaining more points and rewards, they should make their plan according to it. Even now, high level attack GB guild players in GBG, can demolish most of the opponents in the GBG map. So, we cannot blame anyone for matching with high level GB guild player mapped with low level GB player. If you want more, take the risk. If you are not taking any risk, I will give you less. It fair rite.

Basic possibility is, SAAB player can fight against SAM or SAAB or SAV.
If they pick SAV, they get high rewards and points.
If they pick SAAB, they get average rewards and points.
If they pick SAM, they get less rewards and points.
Like this, another SAAB players picks always SAM, doesn't bother the above SAAB player.
Without knowing the risk, they are not going to pick the selection. To indicate the risk, we can add description in the selection window like,
"Battles will be harder to win" - Higher age opponent units,
"Battles needs to be handled wisely" - same age opponent units,
"Get ready for winning more battles" - below current age opponent units.

CrashBoom

Legend
let me guess
most Titan players will chose jupiter units as opponent ;)

and just wondering (not mentioned in details)
what does lower reward mean exactly ?
only 50%. so 5 FP instead of 10 in diamonds league o_O

and if I select lower age opponent does that also mean goods from lower age and not my current if I negotiate ?

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
what does lower reward mean exactly ?
only 50%. so 5 FP instead of 10 in diamonds league
If they consider this for development, let the dev team decide the value for lower reward. I don't want to give any value from my mind, but it should be very less than other two options mentioned in the idea.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I select lower age opponent does that also mean goods from lower age and not my current if I negotiate ?
Idea proposed only for fighting with opponents defending army. I wish to change that too, but thrown my thoughts only for fighting for now.