• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Championship Update: Battle for the Wyverntide Spire of Victory!

fluffycat

Farmer
The battlefield is no fun anymore thanks to the stupid way guilds are matched. There must be a system where you get a decent reward for fighting instead of guilds competing by not fighting for 5th or 6th place. Stop punishing guilds that fight for 3rd place or the poor guild who end up 4th.
If nothing else perhaps Tournament place could have more boost in QI.
Since there are so many things that take too long perhaps it's just as well but I like when you fight directly against other guilds.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Could the rival guy be used for those past GbG championship buildings? It’ll be challenging for certain to create an hard, yet fairly balanced GbG-rival line.
For example after completion pushing attrition to 100 but being beatable with 1 GbG building. Quests could be centred around making advancements, donating goods, winning battles or negotiations (always give that alternative as not everyone is a fighter). Do not include requirements like dealing the final blow to take a province in GbG. As this will cause internal friction within guilds. Potentially requiring to beat GE1, GE2, GE3 and GE4. It’s maybe possible to give for the final quest the option to either bear GE5 or hit 100 attrition or X-advancements.

The rival could be used to revive old GbG buildings. Giving the opportunity to complete old GbG championship buildings by handing out fragments to complete them. At most for completion just 1 selection kit worth of fragments upon full completion of the GbG-rival quests. So, those who ain’t in diamond don’t get a shot at lvl2. While those who didn’t manage to complete lvl2 during a past championship get an 2nd time to do so or a chance to complete the base building w/o the need to fully beat the rival.

LeonaRdo78

Merchant
Could the rival guy be used for those past GbG championship buildings? It’ll be challenging for certain to create an hard, yet fairly balanced GbG-rival line.
For example after completion pushing attrition to 100 but being beatable with 1 GbG building. Quests could be centred around making advancements, donating goods, winning battles or negotiations (always give that alternative as not everyone is a fighter). Do not include requirements like dealing the final blow to take a province in GbG. As this will cause internal friction within guilds. Potentially requiring to beat GE1, GE2, GE3 and GE4. It’s maybe possible to give for the final quest the option to either bear GE5 or hit 100 attrition or X-advancements.

The rival could be used to revive old GbG buildings. Giving the opportunity to complete old GbG championship buildings by handing out fragments to complete them. At most for completion just 1 selection kit worth of fragments upon full completion of the GbG-rival quests. So, those who ain’t in diamond don’t get a shot at lvl2. While those who didn’t manage to complete lvl2 during a past championship get an 2nd time to do so or a chance to complete the base building w/o the need to fully beat the rival.
The players' sense of satisfaction with what they have achieved does not contribute to their spending on the game. If everyone gets what they want, no one will pay. Why do the game developers need this?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The players' sense of satisfaction with what they have achieved does not contribute to their spending on the game. If everyone gets what they want, no one will pay. Why do the game developers need this?
There are many dissatisfied top-players who've none to their own fault didn't complete championship buildings. An GbG-rival event could offer them a way to earn the missing fragments. Without the need of offering the same GbG championship buildings again. It also enhances the value and prestige of lvl2. The devs could even expand upon it by giving an 3rd lvl. For those who've managed to get an lvl2 GbG championship building and earning the final 3rd lvl through an special GbG-rival mini event

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If it's just purely questioning the gain. It'll enforce the prestige and value of lvl2/3 of the GbG championship buildings. It ain't like everyone just gets it. Let me remind you that the rival event is notoriously difficult. Even for well established players. Although you imply the rival would be just giving players what they want, which is far from the truth. It'll spark diamonds investments and fears GbG engagement throughout all leagues with fanatic players. Besides that a decent chance that players drop some diamonds or even cash on the rival dude and to an extend GbG to beat him or get far enough to earn the missing fragments.
If an 3rd lvl is introduced with him. It'll reinforce the importance and value of getting the lvl2 GbG championship building. Let's not forget that the lvl2 building is a significant upgrade anyways and quite some top-players didn't manage to get enough fragments during the championship due to the poor matching system. The rival would spark temporal fears competition in GbG (and GE), while rewarding those who've collected barely enough fragments during the championship (as they don't have to beat the rival guy for lvl1 completion or even an chance for lvl2), while those who've merged victorious with an lvl2 building get an chance to expand on their successes and earn even more prestige. Making the lvl2 buildings from championships more sought after. At the anticipation of the GbG-rival bringing a chance for lvl3. Potentially inspiring more spending and satisfaction for a 2nd chance

Goldra

Marquis
One little question:
With the addition of fragmens of wyverntide smithy level 1, had the other prices a reduction of % to gain it?

Nessie

Baronet
wtf is a championship update? I bet 80% of all players have no idea. Of course many of those that only play with Ipad or android will not post here lol

I've collected data from 16 players and we all made 93130 fights and got 7102 fragments of Wyverntide Smithy
15,25% chance for getting 2 fragments
500 fragm. every 6556,6 fights

Does anyone know if the changes affect the TourneyGrounds fragments drop rate?

So we have 3 different towers now? No problem for the top guilds but you're making it quite difficult for the littler guilds to complete a particular tower.
"quite difficult" is an understatement. Inno makes it "impossible" is better said. I don't like games with impossible quests. I complained about it at support and suggested to add the fragments of the different towers together in a selection kit, but support ignores it. The ticket is still open.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
They could still make a special rival revival event. Dedicated to the 1st tower, filled with mainly GbG-related quests, with some GE filler quests. Offering at the end a selection kit. Introducing a 3rd level for those who've managed to get it at lvl2 originally. Granting them additional bragging rights and benefits. Moving forward from the original tower to the 2nd tower when the 4th GbG tower gets introduced. Than the 3rd tower when the 5th GbG tower gets introduced, etc. This makes it possible to earn the missing fragments and for the strongest to get an additional level.

"quite difficult" is an understatement. Inno makes it "impossible" is better said. I don't like games with impossible quests. I complained about it at support and suggested to add the fragments of the different towers together in a selection kit, but support ignores it. The ticket is still open.
Of course support ignores it. Suggesting the creation of a new selection kit is not something that support handles. This is done through the suggestions & ideas thread on this forum or by giving feedback in the feedback section (which you just did).
I agree it's virtually impossible for non-top guilds to get a GBG tower. That's why I rarely bother playing GBG. I get so much stuff from collecting my city, events and QI that clicking 30 minutes per day in GBG for some FP and goods is not attractive anymore.

Of course support ignores it. Suggesting the creation of a new selection kit is not something that support handles. This is done through the suggestions & ideas thread on this forum or by giving feedback in the feedback section (which you just did).
I agree it's virtually impossible for non-top guilds to get a GBG tower. That's why I rarely bother playing GBG. I get so much stuff from collecting my city, events and QI that clicking 30 minutes per day in GBG for some FP and goods is not attractive anymore.
Support ignores my complaint and so refuses to provide me support. That is not what we should expect.

After nearly a week mr. Squirrel from Inno finally took the step to answer more or less on my issue. He thanked me "for your attention reporting eventual errors in the game".
I like to share my answer to him:

Dear mr. Squirrel, thank you for your answer. You talk about "eventual errors" in the game. I believe this wording is not a proper way to describe what I try to put forward. It doesn't work for me and neither for the company which owns this game if playing this game is a frustrating exercise for the player. It can cause players to walk away from the game which is not my goal and I assume neither yours. Playing Guild Battleground is as it is unsatisfying for the subtop guilds who rarely achieve a top three place in Diamond League. There is nothing wrong with taking long time to collect the fragments for the reward for top places in Diamond League, but it is unforgiveable if Inno spoils the game by changing the type of fragments. That is what Inno did twice and where I complain about. That is not an "eventual error" but a severe one!