• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Your ideas for a Cultural Settlement!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean: I WANT A NEW SETTLEMENT
Me Too ☺️. We had a lot of people talking about Maori Settlement and we got Mughal Empire. It would be nice if they implemented the Settlement to something unique. As a campaign map, intuitive things within the colony other than tearing and building, it's boring it would be great to see all the buildings in production. Imagine mixing the campaign map and the skill tree search in one place. How would you have a full campaign map. Example in the fifteenth century we had kings, queens, colonies, western and eastern empires, expeditions, land trade routes Invasions, colonialism, annihilation of the Vikings and Mesoamericans and as you advanced in the history of the Settlements these were evolving or succumbing like for example Constantinople or the Im The Western Roman Empire or the historical event in which the church was fragmented in two in 1054 with the so-called Great Schism. After you evolve, you go to the Chinese Empire, Japanese, Maori being the last one to be discovered in 1302. Incas, Mayas, Aztecs, Guaranis, Tupis, Persians, Ottomans, Byzantine, The American West, Marrakeshi and even being able to place empires that were created and had growing very quickly like the Asian Tigers (Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia), South Africa and among others what is not lacking is creativity.

doughster

Merchant
Just my two senses!
1. Never liked the fighting mechanic with the Egyptian settlement, so it was left unfinished.
2. The design of the Japanese settlement was a nightmare. I could not tell where the roads were amongst the bldgs or where one bldg began and ended, so it was left unfinished.

It should be noted that I finished the settlements that I felt provided a bldg of consequence to my approach to the game. Neither of the two settlements mentioned above provided that incentive.

I don't recall any of the settlements being "fun" to do. Then again there are many aspects of this game that are not "fun". Hey Inno how about adding some "fun" to the settlements!

Last edited:

Yekk

Viceroy
Until the dust settles at FoE/Inno (layoffs) I do not expect us players to see much in the way of truly new. After that it may improve or if the wrong employees were kept get worse. Anything on the table if its code is well documented may still happen but looking at the last 2 years I have my worries on that.

A new settlement is one of the most asked requests I see on my live worlds.

qaccy

Emperor
Me Too ☺️. We had a lot of people talking about Maori Settlement and we got Mughal Empire. It would be nice if they implemented the Settlement to something unique. As a campaign map, intuitive things within the colony other than tearing and building, it's boring it would be great to see all the buildings in production. Imagine mixing the campaign map and the skill tree search in one place. How would you have a full campaign map. Example in the fifteenth century we had kings, queens, colonies, western and eastern empires, expeditions, land trade routes Invasions, colonialism, annihilation of the Vikings and Mesoamericans and as you advanced in the history of the Settlements these were evolving or succumbing like for example Constantinople or the Im The Western Roman Empire or the historical event in which the church was fragmented in two in 1054 with the so-called Great Schism. After you evolve, you go to the Chinese Empire, Japanese, Maori being the last one to be discovered in 1302. Incas, Mayas, Aztecs, Guaranis, Tupis, Persians, Ottomans, Byzantine, The American West, Marrakeshi and even being able to place empires that were created and had growing very quickly like the Asian Tigers (Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia), South Africa and among others what is not lacking is creativity.
A lot of these cultures are actually explored in Rise of Cultures, another game developed by Inno that released fairly recently. I think a possible contributing factor to FoE getting 'stale' in some aspects is that Inno would prefer to explore some ideas with entirely new games like RoC, rather than by introducing them to an existing game. It's at their discretion of course, but with Inno having so many city builders on the market now it kinda makes sense that they'd try to experiment with each of them in different ways.

bornempire

Steward
I think a building called 'Triump des Willens' would make sense. About cultural exploitation. With a lot of smoke and rioting. And that the only stuff you can win are fragments of banners. But only achievable if you pay money for it. People will love it.

Most people in the world are exploited. And try to believe they have a free choice. That's why so many of them just pay taxes.

-Sushi-

Farmer
Why always a cultural settlement? Whats about a Zoo, a Jurassic Park , tribute settlements to decades like 80s , 90s ,... and so on. More theme-driven than always a culture.

And please, not 10-15 rounds of always the same. Rather a huge settlement to explore like you already realized in Rise of Cultures....maybe linked to the Tec Tree like in ROC.

Furun Katte

Farmer
It would be nice to have a Cultural Settlement that looked a little different each time you did it. The Silk Road would be ideal as you’d move from Oasis to oasis until you get to your destination. In keeping with the new GE5 mechanic maybe you’d set guards as defences against raiders (skill), build stockade (time limited so more engagement from players) and at midnight you’d see if you’d lost your goods or recovered the raider’s stored loot. You’d also bid for cultural goods with goods from your stores/productions like the Antiques Dealer. Then onto the next Oasis. It might be too complicated maybe but maybe the destination could change after a set number of run thru’s so you can have other cultures squeezed in. One destination could be Tibet might have the Potala Palace as the building, the next destination China could have a Brass Caldron or Qin Shi Huang Di’s mausoleum or a temple or a Guan Yin Statue or a Buddha (could be a set) yet another destination Samarkand could have the Blue Mosque as a cultural building. It’s such a drag to go thru the settlements so many times and always the same. Could we have some variety?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I'd love to see a nighttime settlement. From a culture famous of its knowledge of astronomy or astronomical navigation. With an minigame related to it. Offering something both educational and unique. Coming with the nice settlement update package.
Introducing copper, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond and ultimate upgrades. Given out based on the time you've completed it. Any time would grant 5 frag, bronze time 10, silver 15, gold 30. With gold you've automatically completed a special upgrade. Once sufficient frag. have been obtained of a special upgrade, it'll be automatically updated for the next. If you got more than enough frag. to complete a special upgrade, the additional fragments are converted into fragments of the next special upgrade. For example previous run you got silver time and the next gold time. You'll get 45 frag. In total 15 additional fragments. Those fragments are automatically converted to the next special upgrade. Except if you're completing the ultimate upgrade. Then each additional fragment converts into finish special production fragments. Which is continued after completing the ultimate upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.