• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Wrong notifications

In last 2 hours I got 3x notifications that auction is about to end and that auction ended. Which is not possible since auction lasts longer. Around that time production of cultural goods in my japanese settlement ended. So I suspect that this is somehow related (cant prove it though).

Android 9, last version of FoE from google play.

BTW: I asked several times for option to turn OFF notifications from antique dealer because I am not interested in them without any answer. So I hope you are not going to add more notifications that cannot be turned off (for example from settlements).

And just now I got those 2 notifications again!

No cultural goods and no change in highest bidder, but production in my Innovation tower finished and I had to collect forge points.

I opened a ticket on support, because I completely turned off my notifications from beta server and yet they are keep coming. I even reinstalled FoE on my phone.

Artubar

Baronet
Just got a bunch of notifications all at once - but only the exchange message was for real:

foe-notifications.png

Next new auction will start in 15 minutes, so the last ended 15 minutes ago; and the last noteworthy production was already finished when I first logged on this morning [haven't collected some of them though]...

/edit: now that the new auction has started, I did not get a notification.

/edit 2: "Tavern full" notification came at the right time.

/edit 3: Same as in the initial screenshot 6 minutes ago: An exchange has ended, and I got notifications for this and again for auction start & end (we're at 2:10h left in the middle of an auction).
But the "finished production" wasn't sent, although a recruitment ended meanwhile, which always gave that "production finished" before [the Antiques Dealer noti-mess].

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

getting tons of them as well, ever since the Antiques Dealer started, sometimes 5 or more at a time. would also like the option to turn them off.
It was ok to get the one about an auction finishing soon, if i was taking an interest in the item on auction, but since the 30 seconds, bid 1 coin and restart timer was introduced, i no longer have an interest in sitting and bidding over and over and over again, till a 10k item becomes 40k or more

DeletedUser9410

Just got 17 notifications, all within 2 minutes of each other. most are the same notification over and over again.
Actually make that 21, just got 4 more as i am writing this, the same notification 7 times

Yeah. I am now sure, that these notifications are coming when my japanese settlement produces koban coins. Every single time when this production is finished I get 2 notifications. 100% confirmed. Funny thing, I have my ingame notifications on beta OFF, yet these are still coming. Completely wrong message that ignores ingame settings. I already reported this to support and I got answer that it will be fixed in next version of mobile app so fingers crossed.

DeletedUser9410

Yeah. I am now sure, that these notifications are coming when my japanese settlement produces koban coins. Every single time when this production is finished I get 2 notifications. 100% confirmed. Funny thing, I have my ingame notifications on beta OFF, yet these are still coming. Completely wrong message that ignores ingame settings. I already reported this to support and I got answer that it will be fixed in next version of mobile app so fingers crossed.

The same here, and my ingame notifications are also off, However, good news! i sorted it out myself, i just turned all notifications from FOE off on my phone.
Now i can sleep in peace again :cool:

The same here, and my ingame notifications are also off, However, good news! i sorted it out myself, i just turned all notifications from FOE off on my phone.
Now i can sleep in peace again :cool:

Yeah, but that means you will not get any notifications. Not even from live world (where it works fine). And I want private message notification from my live world.

BTW for time when I sleep I have my phone in "do not disturb" mode where only few numbers from my white list can reach. Everything else is silent (even notifications).

Amy Steele

Regent
Confirmed! I can't confirm the duplicate notifications, or that production finishing in the Japanese settlement triggers an auction notification, but I can confirm that what should be separate notifications regarding the auction are received all at the same time, and at the same time as the production finished notification, when these events actually took place some minutes apart

Andi47

Overlord
I just got a notification that I have been outbid - checked back on my laptop, my bid is still the highest. (I had a bidding rally wth an other player yesterday, maybe there are still a dozen pending "outbid" notifications in the limbo?)

BTW: Funny that we get auction and barter notifications on Android while the Antiques Dealer is still not available on mobile??

V3ntr

Merchant
Another otification that pops out alongside "dealer" notification (auction ending / outbid) is a notification about guild expedition ending / starting.

GE notification goes with dealer notifications (3 in total).

Notifications "work" like that on Xperia Z4 mini and Lenovo K6

Try this for a night with sound on and you will understand ;)

Artubar

Baronet
No, I don't get the Auction Dealer bulk spam anymore - but I'm missing the "tavern full" notification for a few days now (I do get others, new mails & production finished, for example)...