• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Wrong flag in server selection (mobile version)

lekond

Steward
Troubleshooting
I've returned to version 1.226.9 - it's ok
Browser or App
Beta App
Browser or App version and version number
Recreation steps
I tried to select another server
Frequency
always
Urgency
minor
Can this be reproduced?
yes

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
This is intended. However, as not all changes planned are done yet, we did not announce it. Once the changes are done, we will announce it.

So, you deface the Ukranian flag with a "Peace symbol" and slap that atrocity on the Russian server? IMO, lousy execution of a good intention. INNO should join the ranks of hundreds of other international companies and simply shut the Russian server down. My suspicion is that any affected Ukranian players will understand, and I'm not really concerned if it upsets Russian players.

Dominas

Farmer
I apologize for my English).. INNO played too much.. Ukraine has been struggling with the Russian language for several years, and now its flag is marked with servers on which the use of any language other than Russian is prohibited ("The language of communication of this Forge of Empires server is Russian. The use of others languages are not allowed. This means that all communication and all publications must be only in Russian. ").. Is this an insult to the Ukrainian people or a provocation?

Thunderdome

Emperor
I remembered an old story about a Dutch cartoonist publishing a depiction of the prophet that offended a lot of Muslims. Inno doing this is pretty much on par with said old story. I am neither Ukrainian or Russian, but I am sure peoples from both of those countries are equally offended if they see something like this.

I am just sayin'.

I remembered an old story about a Dutch cartoonist publishing a depiction of the prophet that offended a lot of Muslims. Inno doing this is pretty much on par with said old story. I am neither Ukrainian or Russian, but I am sure peoples from both of those countries are equally offended if they see something like this.

I am just sayin'.
I am Ukrainian, but I don't care what flag or language it is. All problems are in people's heads. I live on the same planet with all people. We are all distant relatives, why quarrel and fight over far-fetched things?...

Owl II

Emperor
I think Ukrainians are absolutely delighted right now: Their flag is being mocked in such a way that it is impossible to think of a worse. Devs wanted the best, but the bottom turned as always

Tanmay11

Regent
This is intended. However, as not all changes planned are done yet, we did not announce it. Once the changes are done, we will announce it.
bit weird tbh, should we expect to see US or an of their allied countries Server flag replaced with a defaced afghan or Libyan flag.. because you know what happened there. Or how about we keep politics out of this game? because i play the game to "escape" from reality in a way.

Owl II

Emperor
if you post an non-english text you should give a translation for it :rolleyes:

and in images is even worse than regular text
because images can't be copy/pasted to a translator
I can translate it for you, if I may. This is the title of the Guild Championship window. It says "Russian-speaking guild expedition". Against the background of the fact that Ukrainian extremists are actively fighting the use of the Russian language, it looks like a mockery of the Ukrainian flag, which Inno placed here:)