• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Wrong calculation of population in QI

Troubleshooting
no action seems to cause the correct values. Refresh has no effect on values
The population available and the euforia required are wrong:
I have 4 tile roof house and 1 cottage
I have 7 Butcher and 1 tailor
I have no goods buildings nor barracks

QI1_Bug_WrongPopulation_Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 22.01.35.png

Browser or App version and version number
Firefox 122.0.1
Recreation steps
Build 4 tile roof house
Build 8 butchers
Build 3 Amphiteaters with 3 expansion form shars and roads

Collect after 10 hours
Sell 1 amphiteater and 1 butcher
Build 1 tile rood house + 1 cottage + 1 Tailor + 1 Public bath
Once cottage is completed sell 1 tile roof house <- this is when the bug appears!
Actual Behavior
Available population 175 & demand for euphoria 400. Productions seems to use the wrong multiplier of 1.2 instead of 1.5!
Expected Behavior
Available populaiton should be 25 (250-225). Demand for euforia should be 300.
Frequency
1/1
Can this be reproduced?
yes

Caprea

Merchant
I have the same problem
My houses should provide 600 habitants, my butchers need 100. But there are now 600 displayed (upper left corner) and I need 700 euphoria.

Workaround and cause of the issue according to feedback in the thread: the problem appears if player is not in the settelement while construction is completed.

I don't know if this is correct, but I can onfirm that I was not in the settlement when the cottage was completed.

Trying to sell the offending cottage doesn't work because the real total populaiton would drop below the required population (amd because I would not have enough reasorces to rebuild it, I just wanted to see how many reasources I got back).

Update: sold a tile roof house and built a cottage instead, waiting in the settlement for construction to complete:
Result the second cottage population was added correctly.
The total is still off by the original +100 population (currently demand for euphoria 450 with 3 tile roof house and 2 cottages).

RKinG

Squire
Amphiteaters don't need roads
some buildings cost little, I try a dynamic city where I build, produce quickly then destroy the cheap building. With a small size we manage space better

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
No, that is not the cause. I triggered the bug after building a tile roof house, which is instant.
Not quite instant - 5 seconds. Any chance you did something *immediately* after planting it? Switch tabs? Flip back to main city? Close/reload the game?

I've never seen a rooftile house bug out yet. But cottages did when I didn't stick around for it to finish. And I can't imagine sticking around for a villa which is the one that seems to bug out for everyone.

Norde

Merchant
I don't know if the two related or no, but so far I've built three Cottage in such a way that I was constantly online (without problem) and now I was offline when it was built ... the bug got me..

What triggering it? automatic production starting? maybe the recharge cycle what residential buildings gives?

Update: sold one tile roof house and built two cottages.
I was not in the settlement but I was in logged in to the main city when construction completed.
No additional gost population, just the original +100

Update 2 (2024-02-19): built a villa. Set an alarm to be sure I am logged in when the construction end. No additional extra gost population.

Last edited: