• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Writing Messages

- WykedWitch -

Merchant
I am not using HTML5 at the moment. As I did try it and found that I couldn't copy and paste msgs
Actually, you are in HTML5. You have to click on the blue link under start my city (after you turn off HTML5 in the settings). After that last update, if you clicked on start my city without the link, it automatically changed it to HTML5 active.

DeletedUser9139

So, I have reproduced the normal hot key issues in the ingame message system. This isn't technically a bug but due to the way HTML5 functions differently than Flash. I will bring this up as an improvement.
Unless you have a rationale to explain why the editor behaviour was changed, I beg to differ and this is technically a bug because it breaks the expectations of your users based on: 1) the behaviour of the system since its inception up until the change to the HTML5 editor and 2) the behaviour incompatibility with any other (known to me) text editor (web based or not). :)

Well, that just to say that (based also on this thread) for the few of us using mostly the keyboard to move around in the text area, the way the shortcuts work is rather annoying and unnatural.

Thanks for bearing with me until the end. :)

DeletedUser

Unless you have a rationale to explain why the editor behaviour was changed

Rationale would imply it was a decision to change the functionality, which is not true. The fact is that the functionality behaves differently in HTML5 than Flash, and custom coding will need to be implemented to improve it.

Well, that just to say that (based also on this thread) for the few of us using mostly the keyboard to move around in the text area, the way the shortcuts work is rather annoying and unnatural.

I am not saying it is as convenient as it was in Flash, but it will require considerable coding to duplicate the same behavior in HTML5. Also as it is not a 'game breaking' issue, it needs to be prioritized into the overall plans the designers have for the game. When I hear anything regarding this issue I will let the community know.

DeletedUser

I am not using HTML5 at the moment. As I did try it and found that I couldn't copy and paste msgs
You can still copy and paste using CTRL+C and CTRL+V.
This is standard behaviour with many HTML5 implementations. The website is not supposed to access your clipboard due to security reasons. So it will simply not work with context menu - insert.
Keyboard shortkeys will work because the browser realizes there is an external input to access the clipboard.

Microsoft Excel Online has the same problem (and many more have).