• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Window, Window, Window

What do you prefer?

• I prefer confirmation windows.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I prefer "temporary floating balloons" (no windows).

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Whatever.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Hello.

With the addition of new features, there are more and more in-game reward confirmation windows. Is this really necessary? Wouldn't it be better if these reward windows were replaced with "temporary floating balloons" (same as picking up buildings)?
1660144620813.png

1660145250887.png

What do you prefer? Leave your opinion below and in the poll above.

Thanks.

AllamHRK

Baronet
then we can close this :rolleyes:
Close? But it's not a suggestion for improvement, it's a topic of discussion.

Also, the idea of the suggestion thread you mentioned is different from this thread here.
1660147993368.png
Has it been implemented? lol
The "my browser version" must be out of date, I didn't get this improvement. :D

CrashBoom

Legend
1660147993368.png

Has it been implemented? lol
The "my browser version" must be out of date, I didn't get this improvement. :D
that is what the forum software shows for all forwarded ideas :rolleyes:

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Close? But it's not a suggestion for improvement, it's a topic of discussion.
You added a poll with something similar to "yes", "no" and "do not care". The topic does not really give anything to discuss in great detail.
Can you fill me in about the intention of this and the other threads? Thank you :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
@Fire Witch I can only speculate the point of this thread is to discuss the player's preference on whether or not they desire a pop up window (like we currently have going) or not (just the mini popup of rewards instead). I could go for the latter if it means it will not impede my game play (I have to give an extra click to close out the popup each time) when I collect a reward; the same manner if I was collecting from my city buildings.

Yes: for those of us who favor the idea in the latter images of having a small temporary popup of rewards.
No: for those of us who still prefer the pop up window after each reward collected.
Do Not Care: for those of us who just don't care.

AllamHRK

Baronet
You added a poll with something similar to "yes", "no" and "do not care". The topic does not really give anything to discuss in great detail.
Can you fill me in about the intention of this and the other threads? Thank you :)
I believe it is self explanatory... "Discussion" on the topic.

I believe the question indicates intent (knowing what the majority thinks about):
"Is this really necessary? Wouldn't it be better if these reward windows were replaced with "temporary floating balloons" (same as picking up buildings)?"

What do you prefer? Leave your opinion below and in the poll above.

@Fire Witch I can only speculate the point of this thread is to discuss the player's preference on whether or not they desire a pop up window (like we currently have going) or not (just the mini popup of rewards instead). I could go for the latter if it means it will not impede my game play (I have to give an extra click to close out the popup each time) when I collect a reward; the same manner if I was collecting from my city buildings.

Yes: for those of us who favor the idea in the latter images of having a small temporary popup of rewards.
No: for those of us who still prefer the pop up window after each reward collected.
Do Not Care: for those of us who just don't care.
Exactly. ;)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
believe the question indicates intent (knowing what the majority thinks about)
Well, since the idea has already being passed on, it is clear that the community likes it.
So for me it only looks like the threads are here to say: "Guys, look how bad Inno is for not doing it, even if the community wants it." and "Look at me, I support you and you all like me and my discussion!"
This may sound harsh, but it is what I am getting out of these threads. Btw. on Reddit, this is called karma farming ;)
Also, just because the community likes something, does not mean it will be ever implemented. Some changes might need a lot of effort and development time, that makes it not worth it doing, there could be unforseen balancing issues, it may not fit in the intended design of the game or changes may simply not possible to do with the current structure of the game.
These are all reasons for that and by far not all of them.

Last edited:

AllamHRK

Baronet
"Guys, look how bad Inno is for not doing it, even if the community wants it." and "Look at me, I support you and you all like me and my discussion!"
First of all, these are your words not mine. Second, I believe that the role of moderators and especially the CM is to manage the forum and apply its rules impartially, and not put your personal opinions on a subject or worse, on someone, as it would be at least biased "ah the CM didn't like the idea or person, that's it, subject closed". So unless the "DNSL" applies to all sections of the forum (which I understand it doesn't) there is no reason to break the forum rules. Or is there a "blacklist" of subjects that cannot be mentioned anywhere on the forum?
Some changes might need a lot of effort and development time, that makes it not worth it doing, there could be unforseen balancing issues, it may not fit in the intended design of the game or changes may simply not possible to do with the current structure of the game.
I see... it's sure to remove a window from the game it must be really a lot of work, almost impossible to do... as well as many other things...

Anyway, all buggy GvG, bugged missions, bugged auto aid, among others... several subjects suggested by the community are impossible... and let's do more and more events, focus on ROE!

That's right, well the topics served the purpose, so you can remove them as DNSL or whatever you want. It gave me a good idea of how the community is thinking about mine, conclusion... I'm wrong, not the game.

So good luck to inno and company, after 9 long years I'm done here.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Improvements can be discussed and voted on in the ideas section. That's what it is for.
There is no guaranteed implementation of forwarded ideas, there never has been.

I'll close this thread and the other ones just like it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.