• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Will there ever be a rebalance of old great buildings?

Hedning1390

Farmer
There has always been some great buildings that were just bad and not used.
But with the recent inflation more and more great buildings no longer fit in the city.

If I can get almost the same boost as Aachen and get forge points and boost to defending army, then how can I keep my aachen?

Can these great buildings be saved? Should they be saved? If lots of players demolish them and later they are buffed that would be very unfair, but if they are not buffed then what will be left? The arc, the saturn buildings and special ones like the orangery and blue galaxy that scales with inflation.

I doubt so and I can explain why. Updating the old GBs would benefit the old players while the new players would need to push the gbs. This would widen the gap while you normally want to reduce the gap (the so called inflation of stats). So I doubt they will put developer capacities into this topic.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
As a fact, breaking the simple rule on great buildings might help everyone. On any new upcoming space age, introducing a new Great Building called 'Red Galaxy' which is similar to work like blue galaxy but limiting it to deal only with the great buildings.

Hedning1390

Farmer
What level are we talking?
I was thinking about level 80

I doubt so and I can explain why. Updating the old GBs would benefit the old players while the new players would need to push the gbs. This would widen the gap while you normally want to reduce the gap (the so called inflation of stats). So I doubt they will put developer capacities into this topic.
New players would have nothing to build though, to spend their forge points on, if all "absolute value" great buildings become obsolete.
You are losing a way to progress your city.

Emberguard

Emperor
I was thinking about level 80
Ok that's a decent spot to be having a concern at

Though if you're finding those buildings to have an issue at lvl 80..... what's your view on the Titan great buildings? The balancing for those is based around the previous Great Buildings getting to lvl 100, which isn't too far off from what you're concerned about.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
The fact that Inno is not accepting ideas about changing GBs stats and boots makes me think that they will likely never be rebalanced. As new event buildings come out and replace the old ones, this might be the fate of some GBs as well.

Hedning1390

Farmer
Ok that's a decent spot to be having a concern at

Though if you're finding those buildings to have an issue at lvl 80..... what's your view on the Titan great buildings? The balancing for those is based around the previous Great Buildings getting to lvl 100, which isn't too far off from what you're concerned about.
Level 100 or 80 is basically the same. It's 75 instead of 65. They gain 1 point every 2 levels.
The titan great building for attack is 2/3 the size but is 76 attack already at level 19 gaining 8 times as much attack per level. Combining the smaller size and faster gain it is 12 times more efficient per level to level the new buildings. That takes them far away from any concern.

Another way to look at it is the cost.
To gain 1/4 attack per tile from 3 to 3.25 with aachen you have to spend 25140 fp assuming 1.95 boost.
To gain 1/4 attack per tile from 3 to 3.25 with centaurus you have to spend 2807 fp assuming 1.95 boost.
The titan buildings are not even close to becoming obsolete. Aachen on the other hand already is.

Ironrooster

Baronet
The game is changing all the time. When I started 2 1/2 years ago, several GB's were already not worth getting. Others were useful for a short time only.

COA is case in point. It is probably useful up to level 10 in the early Ages. But it's definitely 3rd after CdM and Zeus. It's also useful for those who don't play the events daily and thus don't get the event building fully leveled up in the short time period of the event as GB's can be leveled up slowly. But I don't level mine any more and when I need the space, it will be gone.

Part of the challenge of this game is adapting to the changing of the Ages as well as the changing nature of the game. Buildings I once sought like the Checkmate Square I now sell to the Antiques Dealer.

Goods GB like the LOA should give same age goods in the space ages. Up until that point, the goods buildings required two/three era previous goods to create, but in the space ages the goods buildings act as normal buildings just requiring coin/supply and maybe special goods I can't remember. But not the previous era goods. It was a gimmick for the 2 lane roads, but no longer.

This is a perfect example for this thread. I built the LOA a long time ago, and I would actually be happy if it became useful again.

I would like more options for my city.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I don't think they should be saved. I think there'll still be niche purposes even if their overall efficiency is insufficient to be in someone's idea of a perfect city. And the precedent it'd cause would likely result in more grief than their demise (what about the umpteen great buildings in the game which have *never* been good - do they get revised too?)

Ideally they wind up in a position where people can argue over it as they lose their strength to power creep - that's kinda the perfect place for a GB - there's people who can justify both building it and not building it. Buildings everyone has are boring and don't add much to the strategy of the game.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I don't think they should be saved. I think there'll still be niche purposes even if their overall efficiency is insufficient to be in someone's idea of a perfect city. And the precedent it'd cause would likely result in more grief than their demise (what about the umpteen great buildings in the game which have *never* been good - do they get revised too?)

Ideally they wind up in a position where people can argue over it as they lose their strength to power creep - that's kinda the perfect place for a GB - there's people who can justify both building it and not building it. Buildings everyone has are boring and don't add much to the strategy of the game.
Some like puppies, some like kittens and some may not like either of them. Bringing perfect balance is always difficult (which is close to "not consider") with the things exist in the game already for so long.