• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2022

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This happens like every event, have to log in at midnight to clear this task. Their excuse is that "it gives more people time to do GE". Why not have it on Thursday/Friday after most people would have already gotten through round 1 ?!
Doesn't that task autoclear if it's monday and you did GE on the previous round?

Doesn't that task autoclear if it's monday and you did GE on the previous round?
Only if you sign in to activate the task completion, like if you miss that 7 hour window you have to wait until it reopens. Or at least it's still currently working this way by the other reply. I've been noticing other tasks counting completions before I open the window (like someone takes my trade).

I believe so, yes. A completed GE64 should fulfill this quest automatically and it should be there waiting for collection at the next login. I've never had to put this to the test but that's how it works with quests like "gather x goods" when a trade gets picked up

Thunderdome

Emperor
It should but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way; not by Inno's definition. For them, it only works if that person logs in and the quest is up, then it checks to see if any progress was made. So if the GE was completed and closed, and the person logs in to get this quest, they will have to wait until Tuesday to complete the requirements of said quest. If the player logs in before GE was closed by the server, and the quest asking for such comes up, it will autocomplete. I had done GE-64 multiple times (even before the weekend comes) and had done many events with this quest that comes up. For me in Beta, midnight reset comes at 6pm local time. In Live, it comes at about 11pm local time, so I have some time to make sure this quest is done.

CrashBoom

Legend
almost like scouting for quest
it doesn't count if the scout only arrives
the player must check the map and see he is there
then the quest recognize it

Then the other thing is that if people just don't do GE at all, they either have only very little time to do 12 tasks and 100% have to buy additional attempts or they completely miss it because the task comes up at midnight and GE closes during normal human sleeping hours - so they have to wait 2 days to do the task.