• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Wildlife Event 2021

Fenix

Viceroy
That seems unlikely given they apparently felt we were getting too much stuff and reduced the tickets by 18%. Boosting grand prizes by 50% is not going to happen.
Not only that, they also think that we like to suffer and that we like to be mistreated, so good things spoil it (it was like that with the crap calendar at the past event, they screwed it up in live).

estrid

Baronet
I like the mini-game and this event. Has been searching for incidents whenever in game to get some extra coins or tickets, but why are so many incidents now empty?? At first I thought they were just got too old, but today I saw a tent appear, clicked it, and got nothing.

tazzmaniac666

Merchant
That seems unlikely given they apparently felt we were getting too much stuff and reduced the tickets by 18%. Boosting grand prizes by 50% is not going to happen.
I understand why. The event was much easier than other events before the change. I got the full event building in 8 or 9 days before the event was halfway. I've also was getting significantly more daily specials than other events.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I understand why. The event was much easier than other events before the change. I got the full event building in 8 or 9 days before the event was halfway. I've also was getting significantly more daily specials than other events.

The ability to get a better result than 1 building potentially by playing better was part of the appeal though. And I don't think too many would've pulled it off without some diamonds anyways. There is no strategy to an event game if the result always comes up the same - and while I am willing to spend a little diamonds if it's close to add that interest, I'm not sure after the nerf if it'll be close enough.

That said, I am not surprised by the nerf as I kinda expected one from very early on - just disappointed. My quoted reply was just to comment on the other poster's suggestion as unrealistic.

As for specials, I haven't tracked them too closely, but yes it could be a good event for them in theory - but there's not really much for interesting specials other than sentinel outposts. And a good portion of your tickets will be used on days when neither the original nor the swap is a sentinel base or upgrade. So I think that'll bring it back down to average. Next year maybe when presumably the mountain will be added into the special pool as well.

Owl II

Emperor
The ability to get a better result than 1 building potentially by playing better was part of the appeal though.
This is the main reason why the event could be exciting. Challenge, contest. The rest of the events have long turned into a dull store, where everyone is given a free portion. And if someone wants more, you can buy it for diamonds. It's... It's boring
They're trying to bring new event closer to a standard store. And it's in vain

Havik79

Baronet
35 more paws and the final day's upgrade, think I will need to spend diamonds on this.

So not fun, this is now officially worse than St Paddy's, must remember when this is on live saving tokens is a bad Idea.

tazzmaniac666

Merchant
The ability to get a better result than 1 building potentially by playing better was part of the appeal though. And I don't think too many would've pulled it off without some diamonds anyways. There is no strategy to an event game if the result always comes up the same - and while I am willing to spend a little diamonds if it's close to add that interest, I'm not sure after the nerf if it'll be close enough.

That said, I am not surprised by the nerf as I kinda expected one from very early on - just disappointed. My quoted reply was just to comment on the other poster's suggestion as unrealistic.

As for specials, I haven't tracked them too closely, but yes it could be a good event for them in theory - but there's not really much for interesting specials other than sentinel outposts. And a good portion of your tickets will be used on days when neither the original nor the swap is a sentinel base or upgrade. So I think that'll bring it back down to average. Next year maybe when presumably the mountain will be added into the special pool as well.
Didn't say I liked the change just that I understood it. The daily specials don't really interest me either but should be useful for less advanced players.

tazzmaniac666

Merchant
I was going to give the event 2 thumbs up but after the 4 ticket to 3 ticket change I'm going to make it 1.5 thumbs up. I like that it plays different from the other events. Wish it had more of a wildlife feel to it. I'd rank this event at the top right after the Halloween/Archaeology events.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
must remember when this is on live saving tokens is a bad Idea.

Yes? It seemed rather obvious from the start that with the majority of your tickets (now about 2/3 of them - was about 3/4) coming from natural generation you should be spending them at least at the rate to not be capped and keep that generation. You can start a day when you didn't want the previous special with 3 instead of 0, but you should do your best to never hit 4/get below 4 asap.

---

I ended up spending 6k diamonds and will finish with 2 fully upgraded once the questline's done.

A bit over 2k of that can be accounted for by not having played the previous event on beta and thus being short one free upgrade.
Maybe about 1k of that might be accounted for by early mistakes / wrong purchase (I bought a batch of coins for 2400d on the first day to test things before I decided tickets made more sense - but I mean I certainly did get some value out of those coins).
I'm also going to overshoot the paws - I was coming up short by natural generation at the rate I was progressing so I bought 1 last set of tickets but the last batch of 10 tickets I bought turned out to be more extra than I needed.

~2k I think I probably would've always needed.

I just passed getting my second base building but of course squandered too many tickets in the beginning. I'd need 5 more upgrades for another eagle (including the final quest price), probably 220 paws.

Worst event ever! Hate the game and I am 1 short of achieving the full event building. The building will sit in my inventory hoping that an upgrade may appear one day in Antique dealer.

elFaro

Farmer
at first I thought oh, how nice , finally a new event, not the same old thing as every year. Now at the closing of this event I must say it did not live up to my expectations. Yes it was new and relative easy to complete the set, but it did not "feel" good, mostly I think because it is just too long. I managed about a couple of tickets a day so there is just not much joy that can be generated off of that. my suggestion would be shorter events, smaler eventbuildings and more variety

Havik79

Baronet
Yeah definitely not fun at all, and I know I am to blame, getting angry and just buying a single hammer to remove the one block you cant move to get the extra paw, but still, not fun at all.

Yekk

Viceroy
I ended up with a few Menagerie's this event. WHY ARE THEY CONSIDERED A PREMIUM LOCKED BUILDING... Not an item most would build in their cities unless they were newbies. Not being able to AH them is pure fail on Inno's part.

I ended up with a few Menagerie's this event. WHY ARE THEY CONSIDERED A PREMIUM LOCKED BUILDING... Not an item most would build in their cities unless they were newbies. Not being able to AH them is pure fail on Inno's part.
You can go to your inventory and unlock them, not sure how to do it in the app but on pc open inventory and press the lock button, find the building and unlock it.