• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Why has Inno set up the game to give points from cMap, GE and GvG towards PvP Tournaments towers?

DeletedUser7942

Shouldn't GvG be for doing GvG and not farming PvP points by either guilds or sole point hunters? I think so but I would like to know why Inno keeps it this way. Why? What purpose does it serve to make GvG about something other than GvG? Why give PvP points from GE? From cmap? But mainly GvG. It's GvG not PvP. Why? PvP is PvP not GvG, not GE, not cMap. Why?

See here proof from your own wiki

proof PvP is not GvG - Copy.PNG
PvP Tournaments, not GvG Tournaments, two different things yet the GvG helps the PvP, should the PvP help the GvG?

oh and thank you for your time and service

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardena

Squire
Who says the tower is for fights against neigbours only? It has always given points for other fights, like on the map. If it were only for fights in the neighbourhood, those would also have never counted. But they did. So the perception of the tower as being for PvP, in the meaning only fights against neighbours count, is wrong.

DeletedUser7942

Who says the tower is for fights against neigbours only? It has always given points for other fights, like on the map. If it were only for fights in the neighbourhood, those would also have never counted. But they did. So the perception of the tower as being for PvP, in the meaning only fights against neighbours count, is wrong.
Well Inno calls them PvP Tournaments, proof is right there above you. I realize battle points are applied from other sources, my main point is why? I need to know why, what is the purpose and why is farming points in AA okay? Does this behavior not fundamentally take away from the purpose of...PvP - Copy.PNG ?

If the perception is wrong that PvP Towers are meant to be for neighborhoods i.e. PvP, then maybe Inno should stop perpetrating it as such.

DeletedUser5097

Well Inno calls them PvP Tournaments, proof is right there above you. I realize battle points are applied from other sources, my main point is why? I need to know why, what is the purpose and why is farming points in AA okay? Does this behavior not fundamentally take away from the purpose of...View attachment 2619 ?

If the perception is wrong that PvP Towers are meant to be for neighborhoods i.e. PvP, then maybe Inno should stop perpetrating it as such.

Or introduce the GvG-towers with higher prizes and all players of a world can join it, by doing
at least one GvG-battle the week before. So they can battle against each other in a much more
fair way.
Then the PvP-tower gaining only classic battlepoints from the NB, some of the map (you will
run out of fights because or the armies getting to strong if your go to far ahead, will slow down
by scouts and some more advanced players running out of provinces) and GE (GE is limited
to the number of possible encounters), while GvG-tower will become a battle against point-
farmers.

Cardena

Squire
Well Inno calls them PvP Tournaments, proof is right there above you. I realize battle points are applied from other sources, my main point is why? I need to know why, what is the purpose and why is farming points in AA okay? Does this behavior not fundamentally take away from the purpose of...View attachment 2619 ?

It is a tournament of the neighbours. So the name is correct. Whoever from the neigbours get the most points by fighting in one age wins that tower. Only neighbours compete there. How else should it be named?

The misconceptions results that many here think neigbourhood tournament is about who fights the mosts neighbours. But were is anything to be find in that direction? As I said before, the towers always included other fights than fighting the neighbours.

DeletedUser7942

It is a tournament of the neighbours. So the name is correct. Whoever from the neigbours get the most points by fighting in one age wins that tower. Only neighbours compete there. How else should it be named?

The misconceptions results that many here think neigbourhood tournament is about who fights the mosts neighbours. But were is anything to be find in that direction? As I said before, the towers always included other fights than fighting the neighbours.
Okay, I can agree there in a sense. Let's try this PvP Tournaments notice the the PvP there, and again here on the wiki pvp towers - Copy.PNG. Are you now going to tell me PvP is actually GvG, GE and Continent Map? Because I've always taken PvP to mean attacking your neighbor and your neighbor attacking you, just a side note here but I think that's why they use "Neighborhood" there as above because PvP is confined to neighbors, so saying Neighborhood Tournaments is the same as PvP tournaments because you can only PvP with neighbors. You can try to dilute PvP into something other than what it is by defining it as well it is a player versus other players in how many overall battle points they can get but that will not do.

The metric measured should not be overall battle points if we are talking PvP, if this is what was meant all along it should be described as Battle Point Towers, Battle Point Tournaments. If it in fact was meant to be a measured metric of PvP then it should be confined to just that, PvP, not GE, GvG or cMap. GvG is measured in Global Rank through Prestige, GE is measured in trophies, the cMap is just part of the storyline and age advancement, PvP is measure in PvP towers but also these get aded into that; GE performance, cMap performance and GvG farming. So back to my original question, why?

And keep this in mind, imagine if everything else added to everything else like the "PvP" towers, that is all the PvP, GE and cMap from guild members get added to Prestiege/Guild Rank, all the GE Trophies get affected by the same somehow, yes you won GE directly but lost because your guild did bad in PvP relative to the other guilds, silliness, just as silly as adding battle points from all sources to a measurement of PvP in PvP towers.

Aeshma

Merchant
Technically we don't have real PvP here anyway being that it stands for player vs player. :) We have player vs AI. Real PvP would be an interesting addition if it was possible. The description in the towers states to win battles with x era units and become champion of that era. Perhaps they should change the name in the wiki though to avoid confusion.

DeletedUser7942

Technically we don't have real PvP here anyway being that it stands for player vs player. :) We have player vs AI. Real PvP would be an interesting addition if it was possible. The description in the towers states to win battles with x era units and become champion of that era. Perhaps they should change the name in the wiki though to avoid confusion.
Maybe they should just always refer to them as battle point towers since that's what they are, not only in their Wiki but forums, videos, blog, everywhere.

And yes it would be nice to have actual PvP.