• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Why FoE did'nt deleted GvG and . . . ?

Owl II

Emperor
The first season with a random matchmacking in groups among guilds with the same LP is ended. Would like to hear how it was for community in different worlds.

We got to compete with 2 top guilds, which from the first minutes organized a farm for two. We helped them to the best of our ability. I hope they were satisfied:) We are definitely satisfied. A strong opponent is a good incentive for development. And it is good ground for teambuilding.
Some of my friends are less satisfied: they got groups with dead rivals. This is a disaster for a strong guild. Others have finally come across rivals who are equal to them.
I think this is a very positive change overall. But this is only the first step towards making the battleground a battleground, not a farm ground for some and a waiting ground for others.

Last edited:
We are having some fun of a different type. We are in Diamond league and have one guild come out typical bully boy style and took the whole map. They put max amount of seige camps on every tile and even put palaces and siege camps at the first tile in front of every other guild. We have contented ourselves with just the 4th level tiles either side of out HQ. at first. It took those idiots 2 days to realize they had been dumb. And really from the way they are going on they do not really see their errors. The guild I am in here is really laid back and can take GbG or leave it so we are not bothered. Once one of their tiles opens up we take a few fights from it now and again sometimes taking a full day to take the tile and never built anything. So we are getting some fights and rewards for no expense and all the bully boys are getting is a depleted treasury. OK we will probably end up going down to platinum but will do so with a healthy treasury. And able to do well there next season, if we choose to. They will stay in Diamond and have to really fight to stay there with a lot less goods to help them. I reckon out strategy is pretty good LOL.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
What's the point of a healthy treasury if it can't be used? We find a use for our treasury in every season:) In my opinion, GBG is now back to the state it was last summer. The only difference is we have even more weak guilds with 1000 LP.

And now the fun begins. We got used to our rivals in six months or more. There was no reason to advancement. Strengthen the treasury. Make an effort. Create strong teams. Contrary, small guilds had an advantage in established groups. There was no internal competition for fights and there were enough rewards for everyone. Now everything will change

Last edited:

esoterism

Squire
Let's talk about football to make the comparison.
A League 2 club that enters the Premier League the following year usually does not perform well, its main objective is to simply stay in League 1 for the first year.
Here, the GBGs do not bring together the best among themselves as one would have expected from the announcement of this championship but confront guilds with different capacities.
Now the right question is what do we want?
Either balanced GbG but this will imply that at the top of the championship the guilds will often be opposed to the same opponents. (solution 1)
Or GbG as providers of FP where big guilds are bored with weak opponents, while the weak can do absolutely nothing? (solution 2)

The large guilds would vote for solution 2 while the majority of players (because not present in these larger guilds) would vote for solution 1.

In short, no solution would benefit everyone, it's just a question of positioning.
So everybody is unhappy and will stay unhappy if nothing moves. That is not a happy issue for INNO, as unhappy people leaves...
So the REMOVAL of Battleground is the best of solution in order to remove the unhappyness from what was a better game before Battleground appeared.

Last edited:

NormaJeane

Viceroy
First of all: I have NOT read everything in this thread, so bear with me if I 'duplicate' other opinions...

There are 2 things that disturb me when it comes to GvG:

1. GvG is in my opinion a 'dinosaur' thing from the past and should either be adapted to include APP-players or removed from the game.
• After all: Many cannot play GvG currently, because it is only accessible via browser on either PC or Mac.

2. The way it affects guild ranking.
Since so many players cannot play GvG, it should not be taken into account on guild ranking imho.
Or else the influence of GvG on Guild ranking should be drastically modified to reflect its effect in a more appropriate way by taking into account the amount of APP players versus Browser players.

In my mind there is no doubt that the only reason why GvG is still in the game is the fact that it generates revenue for Inno.

Just my 2 cents to this discussion ;)

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
In my mind there is no doubt that the only reason why GvG is still in the game is the fact that it generates revenue for Inno.
In what the way? Only one thing comes to mind: to heal units when there is a shortage of them. This is if we don't consider all sorts of conspiracy theories:)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What's the point of a healthy treasury if it can't be used? We find a use for our treasury in every season:) In my opinion, GBG is now back to the state it was last summer. The only difference is we have even more weak guilds with 1000 LP.

And now the fun begins. We got used to our rivals in six months or more. There was no reason to advancement. Strengthen the treasury. Make an effort. Create strong teams. Contrary, small guilds had an advantage in established groups. There was no internal competition for fights and there were enough rewards for everyone. Now everything will change

It's nowhere close to where it was nearer release. The fun still isn't there (not that I expected this change would bring it back). 2/3 worlds had farming arrangements dominate the map. The other one had a manifestation of a forever war amongst the top factions while the rest watched from the sideline. Both things that were experienced plenty under the not-so-random matchmaking.

Guilds that were sick of their permanent-1000 groups are happier. As someone that's usually in guilds doing the platinum-diamond yoyo, this wasn't a fix by any stretch of the imagination. Still crush platinum groups, and helpless in top diamond ones. Never an interesting match.

Owl II

Emperor
It's nowhere close to where it was nearer release. The fun still isn't there (not that I expected this change would bring it back). 2/3 worlds had farming arrangements dominate the map. The other one had a manifestation of a forever war amongst the top factions while the rest watched from the sideline. Both things that were experienced plenty under the not-so-random matchmaking.

Guilds that were sick of their permanent-1000 groups are happier. As someone that's usually in guilds doing the platinum-diamond yoyo, this wasn't a fix by any stretch of the imagination. Still crush platinum groups, and helpless in top diamond ones. Never an interesting match.
No. No. It was something real only at the start . Everyone had a reason to fight: to go up to the diamond league. But it became crowded and boring after six months. And the guilds were forced to make some efforts to adapt. Then, for six months, it all just froze in the same state. And now we have to turn on the brain again to play successfully. I believe is a positive change compared to the previous state