• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Why auto-update beta FoE app to non beta?

In my country, mobile data not cheap, and the beta app keep being automatically replaced with non-beta during the night, and being forced to download beta version several times per month.

please include a setting to stop updating to non-beta.

Last edited:
Looks like so many headaches given to mobile app only. Inno or FoE team should restrict the foe game getting played from any third-party browser. If that happened, everyone will consider about mobile.

joyfulrider

Squire
You just have to deactivate the auto update in the play store. Then, it will no longer auto update to the live version. :)
Screenshot_2023-01-24-15-44-07-27_10373f60983ef60744aa0f33c6c57078.jpg
Is this version update alert from the game (inside) will have impact with the store auto update option? Looks like there are confusions. Auto update is turned off but this alert pops up for few days, suddenly it doesn't ask and loads into non beta app.

-Alin-

Emperor
View attachment 8803
Is this version update alert from the game (inside) will have impact with the store auto update option? Looks like there are confusions. Auto update is turned off but this alert pops up for few days, suddenly it doesn't ask and loads into non beta app.
Beta app have to be updated manually, everyday from monday-friday You will receive one update and that message available.

Also, I made a VIDEO ON HOW TO INSTALL THE BETA APP.

-Alin-

Emperor
Here is the problem, Issue is not about getting updates. Updates will happen without the user knowledge after some point of time in the beta app which termed as "manually".
I have one year with the beta app, and never autoupdated itself nor downgraded to the normal store app, if you stop the autoupdate function from your play store/huawei store, etc.

SlytherinAttack

Baronet
Baking Sudoku Master
I have one year with the beta app, and never autoupdated itself nor downgraded to the normal store app, if you stop the autoupdate function from your play store/huawei store, etc.
I agree on disabling the auto update option. But the point is, auto update is enabled and it will convert into non-beta after Friday only. You wont get that alert after Saturday and Sunday. Alert will be disappeared and you have to download the beta app again from the beta app link to play the event in the beta app. This problem happens for the mobile users who enables auto update, but this problem should not happen at all is my point. What is the purpose of displaying alert then, just to notify like "auto update is enabled" in mobile. Alert says "Update later" and "To the Future". Mechanism of auto update is not proper with the beta app.