• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Why are diamonds from cash reduced?

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
This is a screenshot of approximately 4 years ago:
A69D67CD-CD12-4921-839E-8F4A544B6801.jpeg
An screenshot of December 2022:
D65589BF-999D-4C31-A234-F431E186CE98.png
Adjusting the deals by their sales:

€20 = 1.000 diamonds
2017-2018
€20 = 2.000 diamonds

That’s a reduction of 50% for the same money. For €50 it is:

€50 = 2.500 diamonds (adjusted for sale)
2017-2018
€50 = 6.500 diamonds (adjusted for sale)
A drop of +/- 61%

Does someone know why the diamonds offered for cash have so dramatically dropped?

Solution

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Last edited:
Solution

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Thanks everyone, I find the changes very large though. Highly unfortunate they’ve dropped the diamonds for cash, effectively making the deals much worse. I’m afraid they’re digging their own grave this way, as it’ll encourage diamond farming and discourage the purchases of diamonds.

Kaidi

Farmer
Late to the party, but a few things to mention. My 7 year anniversary is in a few days, and I thinking back it didn't seem like diamond prices had changed much in that time. So using the information from your screen shot:

I absolutely disagree with a lot of changes made over the past 18 months or so, but as near as I can tell Inno hasn't changed the amount of diamonds in packages in 4 years, and some of the packages were the same as they are today in 2017.

The "old" screenshot (from the OP at the top of this thread) is in Euros and the other is Dollars. The exchange rate for Euros was around 1.25x five years ago. Since I'm in the U.S. it seemed simpler to me to remember/find/calculate information about U.S. prices, but I noticed similar threads on EN.
Over the past 4 years since the last diamond reduction (essentially a price increase) inflation in the U.S. is 16% and in Germany, 5.1%. But the cost of diamonds, in the U.S., at least, has remained the same, and has barely changed since 2017.

Which - and oh, how I hate to admit this, lol - makes some of the choices that Inno is making make a little more sense.