• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Which new GB's would you like: qua design&features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering... which GB's (mainly qua design, features secondary) from which countries would you like to see in FoE? As FoE-players here on Beta we are from all over the world and there are so many real impressive Great Buildings around the world e.g.:

Taj Mahal of India;
Sydney Opera House of Australia;
Great Wall of China;
etc.

This is not an official poll or anything like it, I really am just curious as a player as to which buildings / countries you would like to be included in-game.

Looking forward to your reactions,
kind regards, NormaJeane as a FoE-player

P.S As an afterthought: please also add what kind of features you would like most on a new GB you suggest.
(changed my original post accordingly)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

Neuschwanstein Castle from Germany
Peles Castle from Romania
- both beautiful pieces of architecture and quite dreamy I`d say, not like that awful Seattle space syringe.
- as to their feature I would say boost for military defense or attack because they are castles after all, happiness could be another because of their good looks, or maybe smth innovative

DeletedUser4963

Great Wall of China;
ability:
boost goods like marks does for coins and albert and lighthouse do for supplies.
a good model for this would be at level 1 it gives +20% to goods output at level 10 it would give 100% boost so it would double goods from 5 in 4 hours to 10 in 4 hours at level 10. level 1 would give 1 extra per 4 hour drop so 6 instead of 5 in 4 hours. so every 2 levels you would get 1 more good. make up the difference by the other thing that it gives like the sophia and del monte do
level 1 0% 5 in 4 hours
level 2 20% so 6 in 4 hours
level 3 still 20% 6 goods in 4 hours
level 4 40% so 7 in 4 hours
level 5 still 40% so 7 goods in 4 hours
level 6 60% so 8 in 4 hours
level 7 still 60% so 8 in 4 hours
level 8 80% so 9 in 4 hours
level 9 still 80% boost so 8 in 4 hours
level 10 100% 10 in 4 hours
secondary ability:
defense boost
Size:
12x2 or 2x12 would lay down one side 2x12 would lay down across top or bottom if 12x2
fills 2 needs a goods booster and another defense booster so these people with 90% attack buildings would have a fight :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4963

Neuschwanstein Castle from Germany
Peles Castle from Romania
- both beautiful pieces of architecture and quite dreamy I`d say, not like that awful Seattle space syringe.
- as to their feature I would say boost for military defense or attack because they are castles after all, happiness could be another because of their good looks, or maybe smth innovative
like the castle idea but say no to another gb with happiness and attack boost is already at a level were 90% don't lose troops gotta even it out

DeletedUser2752

Grand Central (Railway) Station (New York)
5x5 and it's bonuses are
Primary Bonus: Transportation Fee Reduction
Gives a FP Reduction in Neighbor/Friend Trading. Level 1 will cause you to spend a FP once every two trades, level 2 will cause once every three trades, ..., level 10 will cause you to spend a FP once every eleven trades
Secondary Bonus: Rapid Response
Units in defense will gain 1 speed and +3% defense per level in battle (movement will stay the same though).

DeletedUser4040

my house
emoticon-00148-yes.gif
emoticon-00148-yes.gif
emoticon-00148-yes.gif

DeletedUser1264

I'd love alternative facades for the overdose of cathedrals - the Observatory is a nice step in that direction!
Just a tiny sample (in no particular oder) of historically-appropriate Great Building candidates that are/were located in Europe without being cathedrals:

The Alhambra
The Great Mosque of Córdoba
The Córdoba Synagog
The Old Synagog of Krakow
Malbork Castle
The Tower of London
Tuileries Garden
The Hortus Palatinus
The Golden Gate of Vladimir
The Kremlin
The Hospital of the Innocents
The Ospedale Maggiore
Balliol College
The Globe Theatre
Covent Garden Marketplace
The Crystal Palace

I'm personally in need of a coin-boosting GB that's not a cathedral. A hospital could speed up military units' recovery time (and/or emit random decorations every 24 hours - the patients' occupational therapy projects :cool:). The goods boost someone mentioned above sounds very appealing as well.

DeletedUser4963

I'd love alternative facades for the overdose of cathedrals - the Observatory is a nice step in that direction!
Just a tiny sample (in no particular oder) of historically-appropriate Great Building candidates that are/were located in Europe without being cathedrals:

The Alhambra
The Great Mosque of Córdoba
The Córdoba Synagog
The Old Synagog of Krakow
Malbork Castle
The Tower of London
Tuileries Garden
The Hortus Palatinus
The Golden Gate of Vladimir
The Kremlin
The Hospital of the Innocents
The Ospedale Maggiore
Balliol College
The Globe Theatre
Covent Garden Marketplace
The Crystal Palace

I'm personally in need of a coin-boosting GB that's not a cathedral. A hospital could speed up military units' recovery time (and/or emit random decorations every 24 hours - the patients' occupational therapy projects :cool:). The goods boost someone mentioned above sounds very appealing as well.

thats a grand idea for second gb in post modern
heal times lower and coin boost.

i like that 1 gb does extra good boost and def
2nd gb does heal times coins boost
those 2 gb would for sure be in high demand
since modern has needle giving coins happiness
and atom giving goods to treasury and happiness
with a extra gvg building Observatory these 2 would round out all the neeeds that have come up and need attention

DeletedUser4963

put these up for poll and get um under development : )
1st great wall of China: giving goods boost , def boost
2nd Taj Mahal of India; giving coin boost , lower heal time
i know only thing debated would be what to make the building into.
the abilities would be loved

conqueror9

Regent
It is a bad idea of suggest "great Wall of China"

we need a building, not a structure

suppose a GB has 5X5 area

Suggesting Great wall of China mean ..we need a 25X1 ( equvalent to 5X5 area ) ......becos it is a wall ( a structure ), not a building
and also it need to be positioned in outer boundary of a city

Yang10

Marquis
I think the Grand Lisboa hotel in Macau, China would be an appropiate GB for the Post Modern Era due to its modernity and as the Modern Era and Post Modern Era campaign maps happen within Asian backrounds, it would be even better.
The second one I suggest is also from Asia: The Canton Tower from Guangzhou, China.
It's also a very modern GB and would be age appropiate.
Grand Lisboa Hotel:
Coin Boost: The first 90 coin collections are increased by 150% of the base ammount. Refreshes with next collection from this building.
Medal Production: Produces 75 medals in 24 hours.
Size: 8x5

Canton Tower
Goods' boost: The first 50 goods collections are increased by a 75% of the base ammount. Refreshes with next collection from this building.
Prestige boost: The prestige won daily by your guild is increased by an 80% of the base ammount. Refreshes with every daily calculation. The combined boost obtained form the GB's gets averaged from the ammount of Canton Towers in the guild.
Size:6x6

Combined, the costs of these GB's add up to 4000 Post-modern Era goods, 2000 per each.
These are my ideas, do as you want. :)
Cheers! :cool:

Yang10

Marquis
This is how the levels would go:

Grand Lisboa Hotel:
Level__FP__Coin Boost__Medals
__0___60______-________-
__1___60____150%_____75
__2__120____165%_____85
__3__210____180%____100
__4__330____200%____115
__5__450____225%____130
__6__590____260%____155
__7__770____285%____180
__8__860____310%____210
__9__950____345%____250
_10_1080____400%____300

Last edited:

Yang10

Marquis
This is how the levels would go:

Canton Tower
Level__FP__Goods' Boost__Prestige Boost
__0___60_______-____________-
__1___60______75%_________80%
__2__120______85%_________90%
__3__210_____100%________100%
__4__330_____120%________120%
__5__450_____140%________140%
__6__590_____160%________160%
__7__770_____185%________180%
__8__860_____210%________200%
__9__950_____235%________225%
_10_1080_____260%________250%

Tell me what you think. ;)

DeletedUser1264

Those are cool ideas, yang10, but how about a space station or something like that for the second one?

And instead of a "prestige boost" how about a judicious reduction in troop healing time? It doesn't make much sense for one guildmember's GB to boost "prestige" that much (picture an 80-member guild where everyone had one!); and what is "prestige" good for anyway? Sensible reductions in healing times would be more appealing, I think.

Yang10

Marquis
(picture an 80-member guild where everyone had one!)

I stated that the combined boost would be averaged with the ammount of Canton Towers.
I think a Space Station is waaaay too advanced for Post Modern Era. Besides, I couldn't find a cool, modern GB with a capability of unit's healing time reduction.
Maybe the Canton Tower isn't the best, but this isn't official, so :D :D

DeletedUser1264

I stated that the combined boost would be averaged with the amount of Canton Towers.

But then why would anyone build one if there already was one in the guild? Not too motivational!

And yes, you're right: Skylab was in the 1970s, so if the post-modern era will be the 60s then it's too early for a space station. My bad.

But meanwhile, the ability to heal can be associated with any GB. Alcatraz never actually spit out troops, you know! :cool: We'll think of something!

DeletedUser

I would like to see a Hospital that heals units but not dead ones. Maybe 10 healings for level 1 an so on. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.