• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback whats the point in such low emisarry rewards?

urine luck

Baronet
33k supply a day in VF is as good as zero. is there a single person that finds that amount useful? why not make it a decent amount so that it feels like its worth something?

Emberguard

Emperor
@urine luck
1 - you can have more then one emissary

2 - it's a daily amount in addition to your city. If it's too high it'd just replace your city

3 - there'll be future civilizations. Who knows. Maybe they'll interact with the Vikings and boost emissary output?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I actually have the 33.9k supply emissary active in my VF city - it seemed more practical than the 249 medal one and I've got two slots anyways. It's free stuff that doesn't take any space though, hard to complain about.

I presume eventually there'll be other good ones from future settlements.

qaccy

Emperor
Emissary rewards in general do look pretty underwhelming, especially when you add in that by far the best one is the very first one you get. They had a good opportunity to make the unit one at least interesting by having it provide a unique viking-themed unit instead of just something from your age, but oh well.

DeletedUser

Vikings are the first iteration of the settlement feature. We have to have somewhere to go in the future for further content, and not everything released in the game has to necessarily be balanced to only be useful to end tech players.
Patience all, this is a marathon, not a sprint ;)

DeletedUser

I would like to say "gee wee" but I'm not sure how to spell it... Grab your "oneFP" and "oneUnit" emissaries and get over it. It's not like Vikings are design to make any difference in the city, they're just there do make you look in the game more often than you used to and hopefully grab some of your diamonds. That's all, folks.

DeletedUser8887

I'm not sure what Zarok means by "not everything released in the game has to necessarily be balanced to only be useful to end tech players". I'm in Indy and get 10k supplies from one emissary and 12.7k coins from another. The greater runestone and the tree are good once they are done but for me, having to do an entire viking village development for emissaries is a waste of time.

DeletedUser8887

If this is a marathon, then most of the emissaries are like handing us a quart of water to carry every 3rd mile..... some value but not worth the effort

griaxe

Merchant
They had a good opportunity to make the unit one at least interesting by having it provide a unique viking-themed unit instead of just something from your age, but oh well.

Very good idea which should be developed by Inno.
I would suggest that amount of emissaries we earn is reduced but the benefits they provide improved. We need something very unique for each civilization emissary.. would be nice if they provided us with a special unit ( Viking, Egyptian, etc champion or general which would be good for any era) . A unit which you don’t fight with but can place in a sector in GvG in order to improve defence bonus of that sector. Those special champion or general units wouldn’t overflow the game because emissaries would provide only 1 per day per player.. I think this would make GvG more dynamic and interesting :)
Or a unit which would make your fighting army stronger. A leader some sort but not crappy “leaders” like Drummers or Color Guards. Unit which would be worth replacing one of our VF units with. Anyway, I think you got the idea.

Yeah, I think they will eventually be replaced with emissaries from other settlements.. But then again, we will probably get more slots to fill up, so that might leave us with useless rewards anyway. I don't know, I don't care that much about it. It's just a little extra, nothing that supposed to be ground breaking. The +1fp is nice and I'd also use the one that gives an extra unit and then maybe goods. But I mean, even 1FP can be considered like nothing if you are in the high ages and already produce large amount of FP.... It would be interesting if they added completely different emissary bonuses with next settlement... I don't know what those would be, though xD