• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

What about those historical missions we had until last year?

I'd like to see one or two of those passing through again as well, perhaps after winter event instead of getting yet *another* 31 days long Forge Bowl event. Usually they give small prices, but most of the time they were nice (e.g. Botanical Rotunda for Genghis Khan missionline). Quite honestly, some small 'event-ish' things between large events would be very nice to have again instead of these month-long events *all the time* :p

Plus if I remember correctly, wasn't the second batch of these historical missions still not completed yet? ;)

DeletedUser9522

Apparently several people complained as they had a very high frequency last year. This year went to the other extreme and we got completely rid of them. I particularly liked the portraits and some of the prizes, so I do hope we'll see some of these the next year.
Maybe they should be custom startable like the books. You maybe get a window of 2 weeks where you can start the questline and then have maybe 7 days to finish it.

Pafton

Viceroy
Pretty sure the Cultural Settlements replaced them. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that
That is an interesting observation, but aren't Settlements permanent while Historical Questlines are temporary? Moreover, Settlements are like a new feature which bring a multitude of rewards with them, while HQs are just very short events. It wouldn't be accurate in saying that a feature replaced an event. That's like comparing apples to oranges, isn't it?

DeletedUser10315

I vote yes, I joined the game too late to experience the historical guestlines and I ask really eager to try them out

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Fully agree that having a couple of historical quests, even short ones, would be a very welcome change. It would bring a bit more fun to events, and help reduce the current feeling that events are largely tedious click-fests....

Sl8yer

Regent
Apparently several people complained as they had a very high frequency last year.

So they decided to give events a very high frequency.

Makes total sense.

That is an interesting observation, but aren't Settlements permanent while Historical Questlines are temporary? Moreover, Settlements are like a new feature which bring a multitude of rewards with them, while HQs are just very short events. It wouldn't be accurate in saying that a feature replaced an event. That's like comparing apples to oranges, isn't it?

You are right. Apples and oranges. Not like the daily challenges replaced the treasure hunt.

DeletedUser5097

Maybe they should be custom startable like the books. You maybe get a window of 2 weeks where you can start the questline and then have maybe 7 days to finish it.
+1

where could we earn those books? GE3/4, accidents, GBG or..?