• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Waiting inside the victims city to plunder

• Thread starter DeletedUser9982
  • Start date

DeletedUser9982

I just want to know, when you attack someone, if you wait inside his city, the plunder sign will pop up or do i need to spend all day long get in and out of his city for that to happen?

Thank you

Feanor II

Baronet
I just want to know, when you attack someone, if you wait inside his city, the plunder sign will pop up or do i need to spend all day long get in and out of his city for that to happen?

Thank you

You don't have to wait. You can come back any time in the next 24 hours and plunder.

I've always disagreed with this aspect of plundering. It simply makes no sense. If you break into someone's property and leave without taking anything, you can't just come back 12 hours later and walk off with their TV. You have to break in again. It's as ridiculous the oft-proposed idea (on US forums anyway) that if the plunderer gets beat by your defense, you should get to plunder them. Noooo, preventing someone from getting into your city is entirely different from you getting into theirs. You need to go beat their defense if you want to plunder.

DeletedUser9982

You don't have to wait. You can come back any time in the next 24 hours and plunder.

I've always disagreed with this aspect of plundering. It simply makes no sense. If you break into someone's property and leave without taking anything, you can't just come back 12 hours later and walk off with their TV. You have to break in again. It's as ridiculous the oft-proposed idea (on US forums anyway) that if the plunderer gets beat by your defense, you should get to plunder them. Noooo, preventing someone from getting into your city is entirely different from you getting into theirs. You need to go beat their defense if you want to plunder.
I asked one thing and you answer me a conpletely different thing..

DeletedUser9982

If you stay INSIDE the DEFENDERS city, does the PLUNDER SIGN pop up OR do i need to be getting in and out of the city to check if the DEFENDERs productions are available to plunder?
Thats the question :)

DeletedUser9982

I have no idea what you're asking then. As soon as you defeat someone's defense you can plunder them, and you're on a 24 hour clock in which you can plunder them any time.
If you stay INSIDE the DEFENDERS city, does the PLUNDER SIGN pop up OR do i need to be getting in and out of the city to check if the DEFENDERs productions are available to plunder?

Achaeus

Marquis

Thank you
Eumeria, I would think if there is nothing there to plunder right after you defeat them, hence no little bouncy plunder signs, then you would have to leave and return to refresh the screen, assuming there is something to plunder after that.

DeletedUser9982

Eumeria, I would think if there is nothing there to plunder right after you defeat them, hence no little bouncy plunder signs, then you would have to leave and return to refresh the screen, assuming there is something to plunder after that.
Thank you.
So it means that you have to be coming back and forth in the city to refresh the game.. :(

Feanor II

Baronet

You will always have the actionable icon to go to their city for purposes of plunder within the 24-hour window, and as soon as you go into the city it will immediately show you any plunder-able items. It will not tell you which items are plunderable without going into the city. If there are plunderable items you will have the icon to do so, if there is nothing to be plundered you will not have that icon available.

I have no idea if I'm actually answering your question; maybe I'm just not reading it right.

DeletedUser9982

You will always have the actionable icon to go to their city for purposes of plunder within the 24-hour window, and as soon as you go into the city it will immediately show you any plunder-able items. It will not tell you which items are plunderable without going into the city. If there are plunderable items you will have the icon to do so, if there is nothing to be plundered you will not have that icon available.

I have no idea if I'm actually answering your question; maybe I'm just not reading it right.
I already got the answer, but thanks anyway :)

DeletedUser10047

The question is this: If I defeat someone at PvP, enter their city, and see that there are no plunderable buildings (or that the building I wish to plunder is not ready), then can I stay in the city and wait for a building to become plunderable? Will the plunder icon appear above the building when the production completes?

The answer is no - it is necessary to repeatedly leave the city and return.

Artubar

Baronet
Oh the good old times... in the early days of FoE, you were able to check in the browser's dev tools when the productions in your victim's city would finish... :rolleyes: (don't bother to check, the real dates are being replaced by some foo bar value for a few years now :D )

sirblu

Baronet

Thank you
If you attack someone and there is not yet anything to plunder - if you wait in that city and something does become available the little plunder arrow will appear.
At least on the US main server because it has happened to me- Like wise if there are buildings to plunder and you want to wait for some other building to become available, if someone else plunders one of the available bldgs then the plunder arrow will go off that bldg that was just plundered.