• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Visiting Taverns

Frankiedk

Squire
Now its time to make the Tavern Visits FASTER....

First we had to go to other players towns to Aid them, now its just ONE CLICK...

Then you introduce Taverns, now i have to wait for the Tavern to Open, wait for the chair to be pulled out and i sit down, and MAYBE get something for my effort, no matter what i still have to close the Tavern again, before i can continue...

Let me tell you... I DO NOT EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST CARE AT WHAT SEAT I SIT, so let me visit, and leave it at that, kill the sitdown screen, its irritating, it takes time, and the information is as interesting as the visit itself, if there is no reward. It adds wasted time to my play, and for NO reason whatsoever...

IMO Taverns are so NOT interesting, that the Aid button should ALSO visit the tavern, is there is room at the table...

DeletedUser9643

For players starting with a world the tavern visit is a nice feature. It shows you what friends your friends have and that they obviously visit taverns.
It's a nice animation as well and you got the impression of a nice community. I think it's a must feature for every new player.
And after playing a longer while this a bit time consuming animation may give the impression to loose time.

BTW: I still use the taverns of my friends to find active new ones of certain ages. Of course it's enough to access the friend's tavern by his world directly.

So, I see the following possibility: If you consider to remove the tavern visit animation you may combine this with a research (maybe end of Iron Age or Early Middle Age ?)

And first correct the count down timer of the "Aid" button which always delays. Already after some online minutes the timer has a delay of some seconds up to a few minutes. It should be very simple to synchronize the client time with the server time every incoming event or request-answer to avoid such big delays.

Frankiedk

Squire
Then maybe an option for advanced users to turn it off, its just cause i go through 500 friends on my cities every day, and silly me, i would like it to go a bit faster... Been playing for a long time...
BUT i do see what you mean, but after a while the extra clicks get VERY annoying VERY fast...

Tavern is not a main part of the game, but friends kinda like a visit, and i am fine with that, but 1 click should do, but no, i have to wait for the tavern and then click it away again...

DeletedUser8859

Current:
If visiting Taverns using Friends List (bottom of screen):
  • One click to enter a Friend's Tavern, see (wait) Tavern Animation, One click to exit.

If opening own Tavern:
  • One click to open Tavern,
  • One click on First Friend sitting there, see (wait) Tavern Animation, One click to return to own Tavern
  • Repeat above line with all Friends in Tavern
  • One click to exit Tavern
Proposed:
  • One click to: Open Friends Tavern, see Tavern Animation (additional proposal to have an optional setting to skip animation), and then exit.
If skipping Animation:
  • If visit granted a FP, we would notice the +1 at the FP bar, no need of animation.
  • If visit granted Silver, we would notice the increase at the Silver counter displayed at own Tavern, no need of animation.
  • Or FP and/or Silver could be shown same as coins are displayed after aiding a friend, or as goods are displayed if Dynamic Tower is built at city.