• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Virtual Future

Feanor II

Baronet
It's dead, just some of you, who have nothing to do and still play it.

I don't even know where to begin with this morass of errors.

To be fair, my grammar is far from perfect as well. This is especially true on this forum, as well as in the game. I don't check them in these settings. The reason is simple. Forge of Empires is not a grammar competition, nor is it some kind of showcase for linguistic purity. The function of the Beta server and forum is to act as a crucible for new game features. We subject them to rigorous scrutiny and offer constructive criticism. We also try to suggest possible remedies to problems. Ideas matter here. Grammar does not. Please don't insult other people here on the basis of grammar, especially when your own statement is full of grammatical errors.

I do agree with you that discussion of the GvG feature is a digression from intended subject matter of this thread.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-01-19 - Removed some quotes with regard to grammar/spelling

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9778

Zarok don't spam man, just give us some spoilers, I know you have lots

PS. just kidding, obv :), peace and love
PS. But give us some spoilers,
To be fair, my grammar is far from perfect as well. This is especially true on this forum, as well as in the game. I don't check them in these settings. The reason is simple. Forge of Empires is not a grammar competition, nor is it some kind of showcase for linguistic purity. The function of the Beta server and forum is to act as a crucible for new game features. We subject them to rigorous scrutiny and offer constructive criticism. We also try to suggest possible remedies to problems. Ideas matter here. Grammar does not. Please don't insult other people here on the basis of grammar, especially when your own statement is full of grammatical errors.

I do agree with you that discussion of the GvG feature is a digression from intended subject matter of this thread.

My English is B1, what are you saying? I don't even read it. Do you know at least what I was saying?
Now, do you have any spoiler about the VF? if not, please don't spam

PS3. I still think Zarok has many spoilers:eek:
PS4. Are you British? KingJase, man thanks for the good lesson but my intent was just against the ppl who use it on purpose, nothing to do with gram or English. I'm sorry if you and Zarok understand that way, maybe I was too direct. I could never insult or say something bad about someone who is still learning English and makes mistakes. Peace and love

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-01-19 - inapproprate language + edited a quote with regard to grammar/speling.
- It is not allowed to criticize the grammar/spelling of other players.
If a post is not understandable, you can use the "Report" feature and the Staff will review it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9810

I'm always amazed by people critizicing someone on their English. Especially on a game/forum like Forge of Empire, where there's many players around the world. How many languages do you speak correctly ? Be lenient guys for god's sake (yeah I like to use this expression when I can).

About GVG, I agree it's dead and not interesting BUT it's not because we feel that way about GVG that is the case for other people. Let people debate about GVG. This is perfectly the right place to do so as they are talking about the second bonus of a Great Monument from this ERA.

By the way, English is not my native language. Did I do well based for your standards ?

Feanor II

Baronet
I'm always amazed by people critizicing someone on their English. Especially on a game/forum like Forge of Empire, where there's many players around the world. How many languages do you speak correctly ? Be lenient guys for god's sake (yeah I like to use this expression when I can).

About GVG, I agree it's dead and not interesting BUT it's not because we feel that way about GVG that is the case for other people. Let people debate about GVG. This is perfectly the right place to do so as they are talking about the second bonus of a Great Monument from this ERA.

By the way, English is not my native language. Did I do well based for your standards ?

If any language needs to be policed on Beta we will handle it. Let's move on and get back on topic.

Well, the only reason I submitted my post was standing up for the person being targeted by the "ignorant" comment in #463. Normally I'm the last person to police language because my own is so poor. Please note that I stated in my post:

Forge of Empires is not a grammar competition, nor is it some kind of showcase for linguistic purity.

I just don't like bullying and pointless insults.

I absolutely agree; let's get back on topic from this never-ending tangent of GvG and now semantic digressions lol. Zarok, what can you tell us about VF3 that we don't know yet? Please :)

DeletedUser9778

I made some new friends even today :D

However let's get back on topic, I still think that it's too early for space exploration, I saw it that there will be some new research about it, I want it to be in a new era

Ah, please, please, add Elon Musk, please, you can't do space exploration without him, it's even an imaginary character in a book about Mars (coincidence?) Also an avatar would be great, I'm still waiting for a good avatar to change to

PS. :D -> alien emoji

Feanor II

Baronet

However let's get back on topic, I still think that it's too early for space exploration, I saw it that there will be some new research about it, I want it to be in a new era

Ah, please, please, add Elon Musk, please, you can't do space exploration without it, it's even an imaginary character in a book about mars (coincidence or fate?) Also an avatar would be great, I'm still waiting for a good avatar to change to

They'll probably call it something like "spacefaring future" and just have buildings that are space themed with goods like rocket fuel, aerogel, etc. I don't think it'll be anything paradigm-shifting. Although the idea of giving us a "space colony" to put some of those buildings cluttering up the inventory does sound sooooo good lol.

Logain Sedai

Baronet

Ah, please, please, add Elon Musk, please, you can't do space exploration without him, it's even an imaginary character in a book about Mars (coincidence?) Also an avatar would be great, I'm still waiting for a good avatar to change to

Well, you made your best to make friends, truly :p
But I just don't understand the need of some people (yes, like you) to be unpleasant for no reason. So chill out, accept the other players' level of english and ideas.
By the way, I am among the players who enjoy the GvG, despite the bugs. And I hope we will see some changes/improvements in 2019.
And of course, the 3rd part of VF.

Feanor II

Baronet
Here's an idea for Spacefaring Future. Since Inno has started issuing fragments of things, what about fragments of expansions? Since I assume any introduction of space will likely include an exploratory theme, it would certainly be fitting to have a feature where the player can expand as their "knowledge base" (or whatever the game function is) grows. Obviously there would have to be a finite limit, but it could be a fun new feature to work towards.

DeletedUser9062

off: Indeed, I was just going to say the same, stop this already, no one cares about GvG. It's dead, just some of you, who have nothing to do and still play it. Stop, it's useless. It's not even interesting. Stop, we are here just for spoilers, if you have any, just post them.

Also, it's been a while since we had something about the 3rd part, in the video with Vikings it seemed much closer, maybe after the carnival event

off: it's THAN not THEN, do you know English? use it. Using then just states how ignorant you may be.

This is a strategy fighting game... If you dont want to fight, you have plenty of GB, to look forward, so let some people who want to play GVG, to wish for some GB that will help them more... FoE, dies because GvG have some problems.. but let Inno make the hardcore players come back to the GvG.. and stop the farmers... I dont find any problem in that. We just speack here for what we want on the new GB.. take it like, some kind of feedback...
I stop here and i wish we get some news soon.

DeletedUser5160

This is a strategy fighting game... If you dont want to fight, you have plenty of GB, to look forward, so let some people who want to play GVG, to wish for some GB that will help them more... FoE, dies because GvG have some problems.. but let Inno make the hardcore players come back to the GvG.. and stop the farmers... I dont find any problem in that. We just speack here for what we want on the new GB.. take it like, some kind of feedback...
I stop here and i wish we get some news soon.

FoE is a city building game, not a strategic fighting game. I don't know where you get that opinion. The easiest fix for GvG is to just not let players earn points from it anymore. It would encourage people to hit the hood more.

Back on top, we've been waiting for VF3 forever. I recall the initial announcement for parts 2+ years ago was so you guys can release the ages faster, at this rate, it's the same release schedule just smaller.....

Miepie

Baronet
FoE is a city building game, not a strategic fighting game.

Really??? You're absolutely sure? l'd swear it's a strategic building game and fighting is a very important part of it. If it was just city building, I would have found something else to do years ago

Dessire

Regent
Virtual future -> sky future (buildings floating above clouds (strees 1x1 and 2x2 could be clear skye or different type of cluds. Each building must have clouds under them or around them but clouds must not let us see the base of each building) -> post apocaliptic future because buildings in the sky have fallen down (because a war o a technology kind of problems) then under earth future (because the heat in earth is so hot that people must leave under earth ?) Then space exploration future where you can visit the moon and there stract a new special good and you can build there a moon base (like the new feature cultural settlements) then alien future or something like that? Where you find 3 different species of aliens and you must choose one, after choose one you can construct buildings based on the alien race you have chosen and have certainy benefits for choose one and some benefits against players that picked another type but some cons against players that chosed the 3rd type of aliens.. after that something like space conquest future? ..naa that is too much? Jaja

Feanor II

Baronet
Virtual future -> sky future (buildings floating above clouds (strees 1x1 and 2x2 could be clear skye or different type of cluds. Each building must have clouds under them or around them but clouds must not let us see the base of each building) -> post apocaliptic future because buildings in the sky have fallen down (because a war o a technology kind of problems) then under earth future (because the heat in earth is so hot that people must leave under earth ?) Then space exploration future where you can visit the moon and there stract a new special good and you can build there a moon base (like the new feature cultural settlements) then alien future or something like that? Where you find 3 different species of aliens and you must choose one, after choose one you can construct buildings based on the alien race you have chosen and have certainy benefits for choose one and some benefits against players that picked another type but some cons against players that chosed the 3rd type of aliens.. after that something like space conquest future? ..naa that is too much? Jaja

How about this:

Virtual Future
Atmospheric Future (think Bespin from Star Wars)
Orbital Future (ISS-style)
Subterranean Future (capturing the power of the core to prep for space travel-Kardashev1)
Spacefaring Future (obvious)
Lunar Future (obvious)
Martian Future (obvious)
Solar Future (capturing the power of the sun-Kardashev2)
Extrasolar Future (leaving the solar system)
Alien Future (first contact with alien life)
Federation Future (cooperate with alien life)
Intergalactic Future (prepare to leave the Milky Way-Kardashev3)
Andromedan Future (expand to new galaxy)

That should keep FoE going for at least another 10-15 years, long enough for my motorcycles and high cholesterol to do me in :)

Dessire

Regent
How about this:

Virtual Future
Atmospheric Future (think Bespin from Star Wars)
Orbital Future (ISS-style)
Subterranean Future (capturing the power of the core to prep for space travel-Kardashev1)
Spacefaring Future (obvious)
Lunar Future (obvious)
Martian Future (obvious)
Solar Future (capturing the power of the sun-Kardashev2)
Extrasolar Future (leaving the solar system)
Alien Future (first contact with alien life)
Federation Future (cooperate with alien life)
Intergalactic Future (prepare to leave the Milky Way-Kardashev3)
Andromedan Future (expand to new galaxy)

That should keep FoE going for at least another 10-15 years, long enough for my motorcycles and high cholesterol to do me in :)
Good idea! If innogames dont do something like this and jumps stright to space future for example, then that will mean kill the game a lot years early