• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Vikings Settlement - Mead Hall

DeletedUser10038

Regarding this: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...oing-changelog-w-c-27th-may.10418/#post-82227

It'd be really nice if the progression bar for goods was separate from the coins...
moCbgglm.png

Where am I?

Last edited by a moderator:
10 of each??? wow .. sounds wayyy too much for any chance to complete within the time limit. And without any indicator which is already done??? that's ridiculous .. we are playing a computer game, remember??

for me, feels like the end to it .. have been loosing fun anyway

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
*shrug* it's easy enough - 1 of each goods building, 8 hours later definitely done. The copper production is peanuts comparatively as well - 4 shrines will cover it by the time you're done the goods.

1BFA

Viceroy
*shrug* it's easy enough - 1 of each goods building, 8 hours later definitely done. The copper production is peanuts comparatively as well - 4 shrines will cover it by the time you're done the goods.

Well that is increasing the already too long task by 8-10 hours. 1 hour to build the goods building + collection. Mind you that there is no alert that the building is complete, so there is chances of missing that.

DeletedUser7703

I think the point is that it's not addressed the issue of why people are not doing settlements. It's akin to putting a plaster on a chainsaw wound. :p Some may say that it's actually made it worse by increasing the amount of goods needed! The most important factor that effects how quick you can complete a settlement is how often you can check in (i.e. what time period you can set your shrines too). Making an efficient layout, strategy (how many expansions etc) has minimal impact. It has potential to be a fun addition to the game but it needs bigger tweaks that what has been done recently

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agree it fails to address any of the problems. It's too little to motivate you to use the late buildings and indeed does just add time on. Though at least it doesn't encourage you into leaving a crippled disconnected settlement behind :p

Miepie

Baronet
And because of that whining about a cripple settlement we are all worse off. Thanks for that. Don't understand why they bothered to adress this non-issue. Only thing they've managed to accomplish is an even lower participation in those settlements. Best thing they can do is reverse this change asap!

Amdira

Baronet
I really wonder why they reacted such quickly to this unneccessary whining which makes things only worse while other really helpful suggestions are still rotting unappreciated in their threads. Thanks God I finished vikings last week and had to do it with this change only once.

qaccy

Emperor
@jubilee333 Perhaps it's just my display, but I can't quite make out the copper amount needed for the quest in your screenshot. I see a 2 but can't make out the rest (it doesn't look like three 0's though). 2800 copper?

Anyway, while this doesn't quite address my problem with the Mead Hall, I do like that the design of the final quest has been changed to something more productive than just 'get 4 goods buildings on the ground and fill the rest of the space with clan totems'. It will definitely add time to completing a settlement, but I think this change along with the change to Yggdrasil is ultimately more appealing than the old quest+old Yggdrasil. I'd rather do a little more work (or wait a little bit longer) for a much better reward.

Miepie

Baronet
@jubilee333 Perhaps it's just my display, but I can't quite make out the copper amount needed for the quest in your screenshot. I see a 2 but can't make out the rest (it doesn't look like three 0's though). 2800 copper?

Anyway, while this doesn't quite address my problem with the Mead Hall, I do like that the design of the final quest has been changed to something more productive than just 'get 4 goods buildings on the ground and fill the rest of the space with clan totems'. It will definitely add time to completing a settlement, but I think this change along with the change to Yggdrasil is ultimately more appealing than the old quest+old Yggdrasil. I'd rather do a little more work (or wait a little bit longer) for a much better reward.

What makes you think the better reward has anything to do with this change? Those 2 are completely separated issues. And personally, I find it offensive that I have to deal with this change because folks like you don't have anything better to do than wonder "Oh what will become of this settlement I'm gonna leave, how will they get along?" You do realise those settlements END? Nobody is really living there, there isn't some corner with completed settlements where they keep running without anybody attending them. Sorrie, but you are one of the very few that believes those settlements will become more appealing this way. Most of us simply don't care about building and tearing down again.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What makes you think the better reward has anything to do with this change? Those 2 are completely separated issues. And personally, I find it offensive that I have to deal with this change because folks like you don't have anything better to do than wonder "Oh what will become of this settlement I'm gonna leave, how will they get along?" You do realise those settlements END? Nobody is really living there, there isn't some corner with completed settlements where they keep running without anybody attending them. Sorrie, but you are one of the very few that believes those settlements will become more appealing this way. Most of us simply don't care about building and tearing down again.

Being as the two changes were one day apart, it's not unthinkable that the buff was at least in part to not piss off people with it taking a little longer (on live they'll hit at the same time) - though I'd expect it's mostly to try and encourage a few more people not to ignore it entirely.

qaccy

Emperor
@Miepie If you read through other posts I've made in this thread, you'll see that my problem with the Mead Hall had nothing to do with the fantasy of leaving behind a 'functional' settlement and everything to do with the building actually being totally useless. My original post summarizes my feelings pretty well. There was someone else here who tried to go for the 'functional settlement' argument, but it wasn't me. I'm more concerned with the gameplay side of things here and a building that essentially doesn't make sense doesn't sit well with me.

Miepie

Baronet
I'm more concerned with the gameplay side of things here and a building that essentially doesn't make sense doesn't sit well with me.

99% of what I build for events is completely unecessary and is removed long before completed. If I had a problem with that I'd never made it past the middle ages