• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Vikings Arriving in FoE?

DeletedUser

I hope this new stuff is HTML5 only.

Reason: They have twice the work load doing both flash and HTML, and if they still make new stuff like this in flash, then their progress of HTML is not where it should be, and they are spending time on flash that could be used to get better at programming HTML

I hope this new stuff is HTML5 only.

Reason: They have twice the work load doing both flash and HTML,

that isnt correct. they didnt recode the whole game they just modified it so you dont need flash player. probably more like 20% additional work, not 100%. and as the HTML5 version is unplayable for many, it will be a while before we see flash version abandoned. IMO, but I could be wrong

Devilsangel

Baronet
I think the vikings need a little help rowing their boat:p
Row row row your boat faster down the stream....
A lot of impatient players waiting for you here:D

DeletedUser

probably more like 20% additional work, not 100%

Correct when i comes to the programming it self, but the work with bugs and other corrections can be more work when its two kinds of programming.

it will be a while before we see flash version abandoned

Also correct, but i still "hope" the change comes soon, coz if the change aint coming by Inno´s own will at some point soon, then it only shows that they started with HTML to soon in my eye´s

FalkeNr1

Farmer
The feature is released now on the BETA Server, so I also released my video with ALL informations about the cultural settlements and the Vikings!
Additional at the end is a great interview with the Product Owner and one of the Game Designers about the game and the new feature.

Unfortunately it‘s in german, but I added english subtitles for you! Maybe I can help somebody :)

Logain Sedai

Baronet
giphy-downsized.gif

It's here !
I have begun my Viking settlement :)
Very exciting with a feeling of starting a new game. Beatiful design too.

DeletedUser9112

I think the start will accelerate. Make the iron age continuous. Because it looks like it only changes names. In addition I think that many do not play on the live. Otherwise you will have said. Most building blocks puzzle them.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoETipps

Farmer
I just published the English language version of my Vikings video. If you don't have the time or possibility to discover it on your own on the test center, this summary of the start might be interesting:

DeletedUser

the beta server

but how can we get to the second world with increased speed :confused:

DeletedUser9123

As I said i like the concept - but the production times makes it very boring - 2 minutes, then wait 4 hours - 2 minutes, then wait 4 hours ...

1 hour for the shacks and 4 hours for the axe would be better