• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Viking Settlement House Coin Timer

"After leaving the settlement with several shacks still under construction, the shack coin timers did not start until I returned"

I had built seven shacks in a row, on a brand new settlement. When enough completed to build the axe building, I built that and left. When I returned, all the shack timers for the completed shacks were advanced, but the 3 shacks that were unfinished when I did not start until I returned. So 4 were just under 3 hours remaining, and 3 were just under 4 hours.

1.179.ba1aa26c3b4 (27.05.2020 10:29), ChillX the Merciless (21069140), us25, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, MSIE 18.18362, 1920x967, OpenGL Vendor=Microsoft Version=WebGL 1.0 Renderer=Microsoft Edge GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (512 MB VRAM)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
This is actually the same behaviour for any residential building, whether in your city, colony, or a settlement, that residential buildings do not begin production until you see the completed construction. As you are more likely to be in your city when a construction completes, this is more visible in a Colony or a Settlement where you make a special visit.

That's... how it is. Have some patience and actually wait the one minute it takes for the Shack to build.
one minute? sounds difficult but i'll try. thank goodness I don't have to "see" goods production finish on 3 different servers for it to actually happen. I guess it's also a big plus that building construction actually proceeds without me watching too. thank you truly though for your quick replies, it will help going forward.

*Sorry i came off that way in retrospect. I am a tech guy so i am familiar with code. But seriously, some residential buildings take much longer as you know, but still i know it is a minor inconvenience as a player for the building to "hold" till i see it fully constructed before it starts producing.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Merchant
one minute? sounds difficult but i'll try. thank goodness I don't have to "see" goods production finish on 3 different servers for it to actually happen. I guess it's also a big plus that building construction actually proceeds without me watching too. thank you truly though for your quick replies, it will help going forward.
@Dudettas' reply was more precise, but here's another tip. When you build some big Building that takes a long time to build, set a Shrine or a Goods Building to finish around the same time. When I was building my Huts, I would set all my Shrines to 1-hour productions so that I would get the little exclamation mark letting me know those productions were finished. Same went for my Mead Hall; I would set Goods Buildings and Markets to 4-hour productions so that when they finished and I got the notification, the Mead Halls were finished as well.

Just a tip that has helped me, and hopefully it will help you too. Happy Forging!

This is actually the same behaviour for any residential building, whether in your city, colony, or a settlement, that residential buildings do not begin production until you see the completed construction. As you are more likely to be in your city when a construction completes, this is more visible in a Colony or a Settlement where you make a special visit.
@Dudettas' reply was more precise, but here's another tip. When you build some big Building that takes a long time to build, set a Shrine or a Goods Building to finish around the same time. When I was building my Huts, I would set all my Shrines to 1-hour productions so that I would get the little exclamation mark letting me know those productions were finished. Same went for my Mead Hall; I would set Goods Buildings and Markets to 4-hour productions so that when they finished and I got the notification, the Mead Halls were finished as well.

Just a tip that has helped me, and hopefully it will help you too. Happy Forging!
Thank you, that is a very helpful tip, and I usually do set coin timers at the build time of goods producing buildings. Unfortunately in this case, it was a brand new settlement so no coin production existed. I only noticed because as a new settlement the coin production from the residential buildings is all you have.

Perhaps I can help you see this from my point of view with a hypothetical request. As you know, the game has a marvelous notification system for many events that helps players know when something of interest has occurred. The hypothetical "please create a notification that my new residential buildings are complete and ready for me to see them so they can start producing." Of course this seems outlandish given the actual value of what is waiting, but my argument is the premise matches exactly, without action on my part as a player something that I expect to happen will not happen unless I take action.

I love playing this game, but found it unsettling to hear essentially "that's just the way it's always been". That was something that always set off alarm for me when I still worked in the development field.

So does this same behavior apply to non-residential buildings? if I have a GB in the mud and someone completes it, will it not start producing until I come look at it?

LOL you guys are something! My settlement's original constructed buildings are still on their coin timers, but "mysteriously" my 4 hour goods production and my houses that were lagging are now finished early. Well i guess a thank you is in order.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Merchant
So does this same behavior apply to non-residential buildings? if I have a GB in the mud and someone completes it, will it not start producing until I come look at it?
When a GB gets out of the mud, it's first production is already ready to collect as soon as it happens, whether or not you are online. Then it just stays there until you collect from it.

When a GB gets out of the mud, it's first production is already ready to collect as soon as it happens, whether or not you are online. Then it just stays there until you collect from it.
I appreciate your response, but the point is that the building does what it is supposed to without me seeing it render on the screen. I can't think of any other building beside a residential building that has a timer upon completion and there may not even be one. I almost regret posting this "anomaly" but maybe i'll request an enhancement to pop up the little alert icon on the settlement ship in the city to display if there are inactive goods or coin productions in the settlement. Sometimes I do count upon that flag to tell me to get in there and do something. I suppose that still wouldn't help a residential building in the main city however.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
On my new Viking settlement, I built 7 shacks. I then started construction on an Axe Smith, after the7 shacks were fully constructed. I then left to the main window.

When I returned 2.5 hours later to start Axe production, the 2 shacks next to the Axe Smith had not started their timers. They only started once I started producing Axes. Again, all 7 Shacks were built at same time, all fully constructed. Yet, the 2 next to the "under construction" Axe smith did not have their times start.

I've never had that happen before, as I always start my Viking settlements exactly the same way. So, I do think this is a new bug (I already submitted a support ticket on it).

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
@anyempire I've been trying to reproduce, can you give me more steps.
Build 7 shacks
Observe timer has started?
Start construction of Axe smith after shacks constructed (2 shacks must be connected)
Leave settlement
On return observe coin production is an hour behind/has not started?

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
@anyempire I've been trying to reproduce, can you give me more steps.
Build 7 shacks
Observe timer has started?
Start construction of Axe smith after shacks constructed (2 shacks must be connected)
Leave settlement
On return observe coin production is an hour behind/has not started?
Yes. that is right. I built 7 shacks, then built axe smith. Then left the settlement.
upon return, I started production of axes.
That is when I noticed that the timers for the 2 shacks next to the Axe smith, had not started. They had only started when the 4-hour Axe production had started (i.e. they had the same time left as the 4 hour axe produciton). the other 5 shacks had roughly the same time left: about 90 minutes or so.

Pafton

Viceroy
Yes. that is right. I built 7 shacks, then built axe smith. Then left the settlement.
upon return, I started production of axes.
That is when I noticed that the timers for the 2 shacks next to the Axe smith, had not started. They had only started when the 4-hour Axe production had started (i.e. they had the same time left as the 4 hour axe produciton). the other 5 shacks had roughly the same time left: about 90 minutes or so.

Unfortunately even after repeated testing and following all the steps outlined, we were unable to reproduce this issue. Please inform here if anyone is successful in recreating.