• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented User defined FP amount in GB donation window

• Thread starter DeletedUser7855
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7855

For most players in higher eras the game ends up in repeating FP donations between each other. Spending 3k FP in ONE Building takes over 300 clicks, to spend in 5 or more GBs each day the one needs >1500 clicks. I have no idea why there is still no field to enter how many FP you want to spend.

Please @innogames, do something to stop this clicking nightmare. It frustrates players and
makes the current boring gameplay even worse.

--------

[UPDATE] Suggestions mentioned in this topic:

1) User defined FP amounts
Input field or slider with limitation to 100 FP (or highest required quantity in recurring quests) per click. For example: to donate 3000 FPs the one could spend 30 x 100 FPs and have enough time to react if someone else is going to steal profitable position in the GB.

2) introduce 50er or 100er FP packs
We have already 2er, 5er and 10er packs, why not 50 or 100? The most of FPs in our inventory are from FP exchange with other players and will be reinvested in other GBs. So, if I get 366 FPs from someone's GB, it could be splitted in 3x100 (or 6x50), 6x10 and 3x2 packs. Therefore, to reinvest this FPs into GBs or technology, I could use 100er (or 50er) packs as well and could save unnecessary clicks I'm doing by using a lot of 10er packs.

3) Your idea?
Let's discuss and find the best solution :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

SirSmithy

Squire
With this suggestion you are sending Frontenac to retirement. And this tactic, which Whiskey-s is referring to.

Do you really want to start to produce goods again!? For what do you need tons of FP in the future?! Just to show off your stocks!?

Today a lot of FP on stock means lot of possibility to make the spend FP quest and get boosted reward.

I don't have an insane Frontenac, and not that much time. But I got more goods from quests daily as I could produce in my city only with goods buildings in it. Not to mention, money and supplies.

This would be definitely a game breaker.

Let's turn it around! You have already 10k goods each from your age in your warehouse. Because of the recurring quests. The new players will never have a chance to achieve this. We are speaking about 50k goods! How many days is it to produce them with normal goods building. Won't you have unfair advantage?! Hi many FPs could you buy from these goods?! This won't be accessible to the "younger" players.

You need a mechanism which can slow the FP donation. So the recurring quests still can have a reason to have any sense.

DeletedUser7855

My 1,3G coins, 1G supplies came from the quests too (i got much more but i likely do the pay quests and buy tons of FPs), my 70M medals etc. A player who wants all these things now just have to build a strategy on the Frontenac, after your brilliant suggestion, the whole would be over.
Solution is very simple: just donate 1.000 FPs in 100er or 139er packs and rotate your recurring quests between each step. Your Fortenac will be working as usual. "Lower" players don't have the same amount of FPs as you do, so don't expect they could max all their GBs in one day or somehow reach your level in short time.

And yes, you are not the only one, who has 80lvl Fortenac, well-organized group or guild and spent some years in this game. Please, have more respect for other players opinions ;)

--------------------

Zarok Dai
Let me collect all suggestions mentioned in this topic:
1) User defined amounts (as slider or simple input field)
This solution suits best (imho), because the recurring quests require different amount of FPs in each era. If someone is afraid of huge 1-click donations, let's limit it to, let's say, 100 per click.

2) Add buttons for for new FP packs (50 and 100 were mentioned here)
Better, than the current system, but is not suitable for all eras: recurring quests require different FPs quantity in each era, so players with high Arcs in lower Ages would loose the benefit of recurring quests. Better approach will be (imho) to introduce 1 button with the same FP quantity as required in the quests of the players age. So, player in OF will get 139 FP-button, player in AF - 106 and so on.

3) new FP window
Unfortunately, I didn't see it in action. If it requires less clicks, then it is a step forward.

4) introduce 100er packs (new)
We have already 2er, 5er and 10er packs, why not 50 or 100? The most of FPs in our inventory are from FP exchange with other players and will be reinvested in other GBs. So, if I get 366 FPs from someone's GB, it could be splitted in 3x100 (or 6x50), 6x10 and 3x2 packs. Therefore, to reinvest this FPs into GBs or technology, I could use 100er (or 50er) packs as well and could save unnecessary clicks I'm doing by using a lot of 10er packs.

5) Your idea?

SirSmithy

Squire
Solution is very simple: just donate 1.000 FPs in 100er or 139er packs and rotate your recurring quests between each step. Your Fortenac will be working as usual. "Lower" players don't have the same amount of FPs as you do, so don't expect they could max all their GBs in one day or somehow reach your level in short time.

And yes, you are not the only one, who has 80lvl Fortenac, well-organized group or guild and spent some years in this game. Please, have more respect for other players opinions ;)

--------------------

I think you will be the first one whining here, when you loose all FPs with the new system, while doing recurring quest... Right? I still feel, that you still don't see here the issue.....

I don't believe your second statement. If it would be true, then you would see the biggest flaw of this idea.

DeletedUser

What about a new consumable, a 'Bundle Kit'.
You could use it to put in x amount of FP packs and then just donate the bundle. As it was a consumable then players would have to gain them (through events and quest lines), and use them wisely.
Just a thought ;)

In my main world I'm a player who donates between 10K and 20K FP's to GB's everyday, so big bundle FP drops would save me a great deal of time. But I'm very much against the idea of being able to do so.
I get my goods by doing the recurring quests. If I'm 1500 FP's into a 2000 FP donation for top spot in a GB and somebody else starts donating I can see that happening and ensure I keep top spot by stopping doing the quests and just adding FP's untill my position is secure.
Being able to drop 2000 FP's with one click would allow another player to sit back and wait till I'd put in over 1900 FP's then simply slam in all 2000 FP's at once which would mean I'd be taking a 900 FP loss in the GB instead of breaking even.
Knowing this is a possibility would stop anybody from bothering with the recurring quests during GB donations.
This is a game that rewards time and effort spent playing it, but this suggestion for an FP slider would in fact punish the people who put in the time and effort.

podkap1970

Emperor
hmm thats kinda true
i would not do any recurring quests anymore, if everyone can put in the full FPs, at one time, which are needed to secure the rank

so i think only bigger FP donation buttons would help, like 50 FPs, hmm maybe a 100 FP donate button too,
but a 100 FP button might be dangerous already, for the recurring missions-guys

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Being able to drop 2000 FP's with one click would allow another player to sit back and wait till I'd put in over 1900 FP's then simply slam in all 2000 FP's at once which would mean I'd be taking a 900 FP loss in the GB instead of breaking even.
if this change would be implemented then it would be your stupidity that costs you those 900 FP :rolleyes:

I get my goods by doing the recurring quests.
me too
and I have a level 90 Chateau :D

but still I am for this improvement

because I can still do recurring quests if I want:
collect my 140 SOK in the amount needed to get the coins for the coin collecting quest (10 quests or more)
collect my 18 supplies buildings (3 times the 3 24-h-production quest in OF = 9)
do FP quests in little GB or my GB
paying nonbirhtday quests between the other quests or only doing them all day long

so everybody who says the Frontenac would be trash after this implementation is a liar or a fool
or his Frontenac is still too low :cool:

and I am rich (coins & supplies in the game)
I have so many coins and supplies I could do the nonbirthday quest for 2 weeks without break and I would still have coins & supplies left

Knowing this is a possibility would stop anybody from bothering with the recurring quests during GB donations.
but they can do requerring quests the rest of the day :p

DeletedUser7779

Let me collect all suggestions mentioned in this topic:
1) User defined amounts (as slider or simple input field)
This solution suits best (imho), because the recurring quests require different amount of FPs in each era. If someone is afraid of huge 1-click donations, let's limit it to, let's say, 100 per click.

2) Add buttons for for new FP packs (50 and 100 were mentioned here)
Better, than the current system, but is not suitable for all eras: recurring quests require different FPs quantity in each era, so players with high Arcs in lower Ages would loose the benefit of recurring quests. Better approach will be (imho) to introduce 1 button with the same FP quantity as required in the quests of the players age. So, player in OF will get 139 FP-button, player in AF - 106 and so on.

3) new FP window
Unfortunately, I didn't see it in action. If it requires less clicks, then it is a step forward.

4) introduce 100er packs (new)

5) Your idea?

I think 1) in combination with 4) would be the ideal consensus.
It will spare us lot of clicks but will also prevent donating like 2000 FPs at once for those who are afraid of jumps.
User defined amount up to a limit of 100 sounds just about the right solution to me.

DeletedUser7779

@Whiskey-s
Just please take a moment to realize how ridiculous that sounds. You wanna use your Chateau all day long? Are you aware that there are sites which actually pay you for endless clicking if that's what you want? Since you don't do gvg like you said, I'm wondering what else you do besides clicking? I have nothing against that, but pls don't be so selfish. There are people who can't spend all day in front of the PC and surely not waste their time in clicking. That's what this proposal was all about.
Like i mentioned earlier, your arguments for being against this change is because you wasted your time clicking and other (newer) players would need less time. That's selfish again. It'd be like 'i don't want the auto aid button because I've spent months/years in manual m/p'ing. New players would be privileged'... Doesn't sound right, does it?
And let me remind you that champ farming was drastically nerfed when inno applied the rule about not being able to siege a released tile until after reset. That was about an year ago. So your comparison is not valid.

podkap1970

Emperor
when you can put in the exact FP number into a field, you know what will happen ?
maybe not often, but it will happen, more than you think

someone lvl his lvl 60 arc, 2 players, which was in before, find out his GB did lvl, both put in around 1500 FPs (half of next level) 2 sec later one find out he got only 2nd rank, because he did click 1 sec too late, and lost 750 FPs through your 'feature' (when you are inside the GB UI from someone, you don't see fast enough if someone spend the FPs already or not)
this will give lots of bad blood if this direct FP thing makes into game, i'm pretty sure

DeletedUser7855

What about a new consumable, a 'Bundle Kit'.
You could use it to put in x amount of FP packs and then just donate the bundle. As it was a consumable then players would have to gain them (through events and quest lines), and use them wisely.
Just a thought ;)
I think it would not solve problems mentioned here: players are afraid that someone could donate 1000 FPs at once and steal positions in GBs while other are doing recurring quests.

Either 100er FP packs or possibility to donate custom amount from 1 to 100 (or 1 to 139 for OF) forge points would be great.

DeletedUser

I think it would not solve problems mentioned here: players are afraid that someone could donate 1000 FPs at once and steal positions in GBs while other are doing recurring quests.

Either 100er FP packs or possibility to donate custom amount from 1 to 100 (or 1 to 139 for OF) forge points would be great.

Players being afraid of a position being 'stolen' doesn't carry much weight with me as a player to be honest. Positions should be dynamic and changing, not static and set in stone. After all how predictable do we want everything to be in the game?
My suggestion offered a way to bundle large amounts and donate them all at once, but this ability would not be limitless, and players would have to work to even gain one bundle to use, so their use would be a rare thing. Not exactly something that would unbalance the game.
100 point FP packs available to everyone would offer far more incidents of 'position stealing' than a few larger bundles used now and then.
But as I said originally it was just a thought, and my opinion does not matter here.
The community's opinions matter, and that is what I try my best to represent to the devs and game design people.

DeletedUser

But as I said originally it was just a thought, and my opinion does not matter here.
The community's opinions matter, and that is what I try my best to represent to the devs and game design people.

That's, beyond many other things, why you're such an asset on beta.

DeletedUser7140

Hello Betamates. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I think we may use a system like TREASURY DONATION. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
9303ebcaf8f301e0233c4ff8b1b7b081.png

In this we could select the number of FORGE POINT to donate to "X" player. system show how many PORGE POINT we have in inventory. I think that is a better idea to fast donations.;););););)
Regards all players. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

DeletedUser7855

My suggestion offered a way to bundle large amounts and donate them all at once, but this ability would not be limitless, and players would have to work to even gain one bundle to use, so their use would be a rare thing.
I am sure this "rare things" will replace other better items, as it was during GE "rebalancing". We don't want more downgrades on GE or events.

100 point FP packs available to everyone would offer far more incidents of 'position stealing' than a few larger bundles used now and then.
Real example: to donate 3k FPs in 100er packs I need at least 30x2=60 clicks, with 50er packs it would be 120 clicks. It is enough time to detect if someone else is donating at the same time and to react. Leaving everything "as is" is not an option - we want an interesting gameplay instead of stupid clicking on one button. Do a game for players, not autoclicker scripts (yes, there is already enough of it)

Tanmay11

Regent
This is a much better idea than the other before, when you can donate as many as you want with a single click. Even i could maybe agree with this...
But poorly there's a huge problem again, and this was mentioned many times already too. Imagine a player having only 317 FPs in the inventory. And now think about the the 100FP pack a litte. The system gives you the FPs always in the biggest possible pack. So, the poor player would have three 100FPs pack, one 10FPs pack one 5FPs pack and one 2FPs pack. And then this player would like to donate e.g. 24 FPs to a friend. Would this be possible without opening the 100FPs pack? Sadly no. First the player must open the 100FPs pack, then click 24!!! times to donate the 24 FPs in the GB, the rest would remain on the bar as a must to spend... However i think you won't like to click 24 times to spend 24 FPs because you have to open the pack first to your bar having no smaller packs in inventory to donate directly to the GB... This would cause even more clicking than you have to click now and would also cause many FPs loss to many players... Even the new GB window has a big problem with it's system when takes away the 2FP packs first then the 5FPs anyway even if you want to spend exactly 10 so the players will run out of smaller packs fast and won't be able to choose which to spend when they just need less FPs for a place, so again, many FPs will be lost because the players must spend them anyway from the bar after opening always 10FP packs for to donate only 3...

I understand some of you don't like this system, but poorly without changing the whole gameplay, this is by far the best possible one for ALL the players! Every single idea what you're supporting would be only good for advanced players and would cause huge problems to smaller or beginner players (and the original idea would be also very bad for many others, i already wrote a long list above)!
maybe they could dump the whole fp pack thing and implement the "user defined fp window" and 50 could be made the maximum limit for spending fps at once. the window would remember the entered number.

DeletedUser7779

@Whiskey-s good point about the packs break down. BTW @dobruykot suggested the user defined donations to be limited to 100 several days ago, guess you missed that ;)
So, then, how about keeping the packs as they are (2, 5, 10), add an input field for user defined fps and limit it to 100? Or 139? Pretty much what @Tanmay11 suggested, and that window would remember the last input, so we don't have to click it every time.
The fp break down would start from the biggest pack available. So ideally 139 fps would be 13x10, 1x5 and 2x2. If, say, no 5 or 2 packs available, it'd open 14 10-packs and add the remaining 1 fp to the bar.

DeletedUser

I think it would run smoother if you input the number of packs you were donating, not the number of FP's.

DeletedUser7779

@Zarok Dai Hmmm that's actually a great idea imo :) No need to overload the game with unnecessary math heh
So input field with the number of 10 fp packs up to a limit of 10? or maybe 14 for the cycling quests?:p

SirSmithy

Squire
We should just to get rid in the 1st step of the packages, and a have one pouch. Then if you have the 1, 2, 5, 10 and 25 buttons, then everything will be smooth...

Status
Not open for further replies.