• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Upcoming changes to diamond packages

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9666

Just my personal hypothesis:

FoE is most likely past it's fastest growth stage. Now, that it has reached maturity and revenues growth is not as fast as what it used to be, the only way to cash out on this business (for the owners) is to take it public. Like Candy Crush. But for that, the game needs to show continuous growth in revenues (on the paper).
Of course, they can improve the bottom line by cutting costs, such as buying things, like Archeology, from another software co's, that has proved to be successful in another game, instead of hiring folks to create original content.
I am guessing that's why so many of the brilliant ideas that are posted in various forums will never be seriously considered by Inno. Too risky and too labor intensive ($$$).

They could take risk and innovate when the were small and had little to lose. But not now, whenthey are big and they have big $$$ at stake...

With paying player base being steady, the only way to show revenue increase is by increasing prices. They tried playing commercial adds to get additional revs from corporate clients but they failed.
I guess, they could make changes to game mechanics, such as player rankings and stuff, that IMO would drive revs up quite a bit, but that would require imagination from the sales crew. Clearly the Inno sales folks ain't that good and they take the easiest route - increasing diamond prices.

The question is - did they guess the response of the Diamond buyers correctly?

Time will tell. My bet is - no, they did not. This game is already relatively expensive. And although they keep adding more stuff to it - this is insufficient to keep diamond buyers excited. Money wise, Inno would be better of fixing known issues - GvG, GE, rankings, you name it...

As I said - it is just my personal guessing of what might be happening...

Well, of course the price of diamonds has to go up. All the easily-mined diamonds have already been dug up and the mines have to be extended deeper and deeper to find more.

Thank you! Finally someone has explained the logic behind this announcement! :D

DeletedUser10039

I have a Degree in business management and one thing we studied might have been helpful here:

If Shop A sells 1000 products at $1.00 profit and Shop B sells 100 products at $2.00 profit, which shop makes the more profit? SHOP A.

Maybe if the prices are low then more people will purchase diamonds (there is a psychological process involved here). If the price is higher then less people will buy them and therefore net profit will be less.

This is all hypothetical, but in most businesses it becomes a reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9570

I believe the diamonds are way too expensive already for what you can buy with them. I think it would have been much wiser to make them cheaper instead of more expensive. They are too expensive already so that many people don't buy them. Now even fewer people will do so.

shad2389

Viceroy
i don't buy diamonds but had a few times where i thaught about buying some but you can forget about me ever buying some with the new prices

Amdira

Baronet
I don't buy diamonds, but I think the whales won't care and Inno won't care about losing some temporary small customers. It's like with every addiction - a higher price won't hinder anyone buying their substance causing dependence.

Just my 2 Cents :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9570

Are you sure it'll just be about some temporary small customers?

I can give you an example when such a price rise failed spectacularly. There is a beverage in Germany called bionade. It's some kind of organic lemonade. It was a great hit and sold very well. The owners then thought they ought to rise the price and then the sales crashed.

That's what will happen here too.

DeletedUser7107

I will be deleting at least 5 of my cities. Just as a start. I play on 20 worlds and pay for collection 2-3 times a day in each one.that is 200-300 diamonds a day. I will most likely end up playing a total of 5-6 cities. That's a big loss for you inno

DeletedUser8277

Everyone should be prudent to remember this when forming their opinions: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-new-feature-show-hall.8793/

We the players did not want ads in the game, even the option to not show the ads were still disliked due to security concerns of having the 3rd party ads still loading. They gave into us, blocking a possible revenue stream for themselves. Several players in that thread suggested making the game full pay to avoid ads, that didn't happen either. How the player base could complain at the first sign of a small fee hike after we got ads removed from the game makes no sense.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I don't see the logic with Inno when it comes to making this change. For me, and yes I spend for diamonds, giving less for something that costs the same will curb me from buying; which will probably equal to less revenue if majority of the players are thinking the same.

Had this been said that the diamonds will increase for the same price for them, I am pretty sure more folks will spend because "more is better".

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Everyone should be prudent to remember this when forming their opinions: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-new-feature-show-hall.8793/

We the players did not want ads in the game, even the option to not show the ads were still disliked due to security concerns of having the 3rd party ads still loading. They gave into us, blocking a possible revenue stream for themselves. Several players in that thread suggested making the game full pay to avoid ads, that didn't happen either. How the player base could complain at the first sign of a small fee hike after we got ads removed from the game makes no sense.

The Show Hall I'm quite sure was deleted because inno wasn't happy with how much it was generating for them, not because of player concerns. If it was seeing low usage rates (and given the crap rewards, I imagine that's so) then it was probably not worth the headaches *to them*. And ideologically they might not have wanted to increase the rewards to the point where people felt they *had to* watch the ads in order to remain competitive.