• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Unknown Guild in GvG

DeletedUser7942

I realize if a guild does not have any sectors and attacks your siege it will show as an "Unknown Guild" as attacking. My questions are is this intended and if not can it be fixed to always show what guild is attacking?

unknown guild - Copy.PNG

Related questions, sometimes when a guild attacks you or your sieges and they do have sectors it shows the players name but not always, mostly only shows just the guild name not the player name, so again is this intended and if not can it be fixed to always show the players name?

qaccy

Emperor
@TheSlayerofSloppyJoes
Most likely it's a bunch of technical reasons. 'unknown guild' because there's nowhere on the map for the game to pull a guild's name from when said guild has no sectors. A player's name shows up under GvG actions when that player is on your social bar. Because of how it works and the implications it has, it's likely that this is unintended behavior for players outside of one's own guild and they simply forgot to disable this functionality when it comes to players on the neighborhood or friend list.

DeletedUser7942

Most likely it's a bunch of technical reasons. 'unknown guild' because there's nowhere on the map for the game to pull a guild's name from when said guild has no sectors.
I don't know anything about programming, seems like it would be easy thing include but whadda I know. I like it though too in a way because it adds that element of mystery in battle:cool:

A player's name shows up under GvG actions when that player is on your social bar.
Oh that's cool thx but odd that it can do that and not give other names or guilds that attack w/o lands, seems like if it can tell you who is attacking from your hood in GvG it ought to be able to from everywhere.

This game lol.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser5882

The reason for "Unknown Guild" is not explained in that

Yes it is explained clearly.

If the attacking guild is not part of that era map, their name is not displayed since according to that map the name of the guild is not recognized.

If the attacking player is not in your hood or friend list their names are not displayed either or the guild name can be unknown but the attacking player name can be displayed if he or she is in your hood/friend list.

I'd like to know if it's intended and if it can be changed to always show it.
My guess is yes, it is an intended feature of the GvG map and personally I don't think they have any plans to change it.

DeletedUser7942

Yes it is explained clearly.

If the attacking guild is not part of that era map, their name is not displayed since according to that map the name of the guild is not recognized.

If the attacking player is not in your hood or friend list their names are not displayed either or the guild name can be unknown but the attacking player name can be displayed if he or she is in your hood/friend list.

My guess is yes, it is an intended feature of the GvG map and personally I don't think they have any plans to change it.
Okay you cut my comment out of context then replied to it. I realize that if they are not on the map it shows up as that. I said that in my OP so there's no need to keep reiterating what is already know to us. My question is not why does it do that. My question is did Inno intend on it being that way. Sometimes it's the case where things simply don't get programmed in or forgotten, perhaps this is the reason. We simply do not know, hence the purpose of my post, to know. Now whether or not they know if that's the case for whatever reason then perhaps they can consider fixing it. However if they do know that it is intended to be the case then they can say so. However if it is intended then they can still also consider changing it.