• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Unable to delete unlocked messages from the new Guild messaging system

upperdublin

Farmer
Troubleshooting
I have signed off & on over multiple days; no change; I also hit the "Mark all as read" tab - no joy;
Unable to delete unlocked messages from the new Guild messaging system

I am on Chrome/84.0.4147.135, Windows 10; Game version/1.187.ffa35b236eb (26.08.2020 20:05); Flash/WEB7,1,1,0
It happens each & every time I try to delete stale msgs. 5 by 5; I was able to delete ONE MSG. only in the
Screenshot = none
Has happened since the new messaging system deployed, specifically since the msg. for 'League Results" of that date; US EDT zone(GMT-4).
Urgency ? to me to be able to not have to read the same old UNNECESSARY msgs., slightly urgent;
I have signed off & on over multiple days; no change; I also hit the "Mark all as read" tab - no joy;
I have no capability to change/improve/FIX this issue.

Browser or App version and version number
Chrome/84.0.4147.135, Windows 10
Recreation steps
Numerous attempts to delete stale messages.
Frequency
Since the new messaging system deployed, specifically since the msg. for League Results of that date; US EDT zone(GMT-4).
Urgency
To me to be able to not have to read the same old UNNECESSARY msgs., slightly urgent;
Can this be reproduced?
YES-happening since the new messaging system deployed, specifically since the msg. for 'League Results" of that date

LordTachikawa

Merchant
Messages in the Official tab, like the League Results message you refer to, can't be deleted. This is by design. There are not many, and they all have a fixed expiration time after which they self-delete.

CrashBoom

Legend
funny
official messages are not in the guild messaging system
:rolleyes: :D

and if you want to get rid of messages in the guild messaging system you can hide them
and they are forgotten forever ;)