• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Ultimate 1.9 System Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
Reason
usual/common problems related to 1.9 system:

-2 players write and send the message "I will go 1" and then the level of the great building is closed and one of the 2 players loses a lot of forge points.
-3 or more players adding their GBuildings to a chat, some of those GBuildings are not seen for the players unless the last person posting writes "it left the GBuilding of X player too".
-some players do not know how the 1.9 system works. have available the number of FPs needed to cover X position multiplied by 1.9 it could help a bit.
-some players takes their time multiplying and adding the FPs, specially if they have the arc above level 80. This is bad if: the owner need to collect really quick the production. Also is really bad because allows neighbors/enemies snipe the position by adding less than 1.9.

with this new system/improvement, most of those problems are fixed.
Details
-a player enters to a 1.9 chat and click/tap the button to ad his/her GBuilding.

-the player sees a window with all his/her GBuildins and 2 buttons to click/tap, 1.9 one and normal one (see the picture below).
https://prnt.sc/1swyzvt

-the 1.9 button appears in grey if that GBuilding does not have any position ready to be covered by 1.9. that means the player can only use the normal option.

-by clicking the 1.9 option, the GBuilding appears in the chat, and bellow of it up to 5 circles. (see the picture below).
https://prnt.sc/1swz8xl

-to the right of each circle, players can see a number, which represents the position, and the amount of FPs multiplied by 1.9, the amount needed tobe added.

-the system automatically do the maths and if the amount of FPs already added in the GBuilding + the amount of FPs of X position multiplied by 1.9 are just enough to have that position covered or if that position can be covered by less than 1.9, then that option appears in color green. Otherwise, the option appears in red. (if a player add enough FPs to have all positions available, then all circles will appear in green.

-positions in red can not be clicked/tapped

-the first player tapping/clicking a green position will have his name written to the right of the clicked option and the system will not allow any other player have his name to the right of the option. with this, it will not be necessary write "I will go 1, 2, 5" and we will not see more than 2 players sending the "I will go X position" message at the same time. All the players will know who was the first in tap a circle and only that player will have the right to go to that position. in resume: less messages saying "ill go X position".

-the name of the player will dissapear after 1 minute or 2 if that player does not put the FPs, with this, any other player can then tap that circle again.

-the added GBuilding/message is automatically deleted if all positions in green circles are already covered and if all the rest of circles are red.

-extra (optional): when a player taps a circle to go X position, that is the only player allowed to add the indicated amount of FPs. (any other player will only be able to add the amount of indicated FPsw -1 or enough to let the "winner" add enough FPs to secure the position this allow more than 2 players secure different positions . After 1 minute, any player can add any desired amount of FPs unless another player taps a circle.

-extra 2 (optional) : a circle with a number can be seen if in the chat are more GBuildins pending with available positions and with the 1.9 used on them.
Balance
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes? If so, be specific.
It will not have impacton other games features, it only need a change in the available options at the moment of ad a GBuilding in a chat and ad an easy to implement system that do the maths at the moment of ad a building with the 1.9 option to show which positions are available and which are not. (remeber, cellphones and computers are EXPERTS! in doing maths!! this should not mean any problem in therms of lag, extra use of data, etc.).
Abuse Prevention
non
Summary
I think the whole Idea is well explained, it is really necessary to write a summary? It is just ad an option to let players see the amount of FPs they need to cover X position (amount of FPs of a reward multiplied by 1.9) and to fix some problems like 2 or more players sending the same message or fix the problem of a player stealing X position when another player has already said first that he/she will go to that position.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes, of course
Proposal:

(see pictures in the "details section to have a better idea about what you are about to read).

Let players have 2 options at the moment of ad their GBuildings in a chat: 1.9 option and normal option.
the 1.9 options shows 5 circles in 2 different colors with the amount of FPs of each position of that GBuilding multiplied by 1.9.
A player then can click/tap the circle to let the rest of the players know that he/she will go to the selected position. the name of the player will appear in the selected option.

extra: an indicator with a number which shows how many GBuildings posted with the 1.9 option are still waiting to have 1 or more positions covered with 1.9

Reason:
usual/common problems related to 1.9 system:

-2 players write and send the message "I will go 1" and then the level of the great building is closed and one of the 2 players loses a lot of forge points.
-3 or more players adding their GBuildings to a chat, some of those GBuildings are not seen for the players unless the last person posting writes "it left the GBuilding of X player too".
-some players do not know how the 1.9 system works. have available the number of FPs needed to cover X position multiplied by 1.9 it could help a bit.
-some players takes their time multiplying and adding the FPs, specially if they have the arc above level 80. This is bad if: the owner need to collect really quick the production. Also is really bad because allows neighbors/enemies snipe the position by adding less than 1.9.

with this new system/improvement, most of those problems are fixed.

Details:
-a player enters to a 1.9 chat and click/tap the button to ad his/her GBuilding.

-the player sees a window with all his/her GBuildins and 2 buttons to click/tap, 1.9 one and normal one (see the picture below).

-the 1.9 button appears in grey if that GBuilding does not have any position ready to be covered by 1.9. that means the player can only use the normal option.

-by clicking the 1.9 option, the GBuilding appears in the chat, and bellow of it up to 5 circles. (see the picture below).

-to the right of each circle, players can see a number, which represents the position, and the amount of FPs multiplied by 1.9, the amount needed tobe added.

-the system automatically do the maths and if the amount of FPs already added in the GBuilding + the amount of FPs of X position multiplied by 1.9 are just enough to have that position covered or if that position can be covered by less than 1.9, then that option appears in color green. Otherwise, the option appears in red. (if a player add enough FPs to have all positions available, then all circles will appear in green.

-positions in red can not be clicked/tapped

-the first player tapping/clicking a green position will have his name written to the right of the clicked option and the system will not allow any other player have his name to the right of the option. with this, it will not be necessary write "I will go 1, 2, 5" and we will not see more than 2 players sending the "I will go X position" message at the same time. All the players will know who was the first in tap a circle and only that player will have the right to go to that position. in resume: less messages saying "ill go X position".

-the name of the player will dissapear after 1 minute or 2 if that player does not put the FPs, with this, any other player can then tap that circle again.

-the added GBuilding/message is automatically deleted if all positions in green circles are already covered and if all the rest of circles are red.

-extra (optional): when a player taps a circle to go X position, that is the only player allowed to add the indicated amount of FPs. (any other player will only be able to add the amount of indicated FPsw -1 or enough to let the "winner" add enough FPs to secure the position this allow more than 2 players secure different positions . After 1 minute, any player can add any desired amount of FPs unless another player taps a circle.

-extra 2 (optional) : a circle with a number can be seen if in the chat are more GBuildins pending with available positions and with the 1.9 used on them.

Balance:
Describe what impact this idea will have on other game features. Will it require adjustments or changes? If so, be specific.
It will not have impacton other games features, it only need a change in the available options at the moment of ad a GBuilding in a chat and ad an easy to implement system that do the maths at the moment of ad a building with the 1.9 option to show which positions are available and which are not. (remeber, cellphones and computers are EXPERTS! in doing maths!! this should not mean any problem in therms of lag, extra use of data, etc.).

Abuse Prevention:
non, how can a player abuse by using this new system?

Summary:

I think the whole Idea is well explained, it is really necessary to write a summary? It is just ad an option to let players see the amount of FPs they need to cover X position (amount of FPs of a reward multiplied by 1.9) and to fix some problems like 2 or more players sending the same message or fix the problem of a player stealing X position when another player has already said first that he/she will go to that position.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Please consider the use-case of neighborhood users snipping on the great building. Whole idea goes down if it has (1.9 button become invalid then). Also design wise not impressed. On the first look, felt like a headache. Sorry for not supporting it.

CrashBoom

Legend
and when 2 players click the button at the same time the GB also levels :rolleyes:

and now don't say: that can't happen
the GB doesn't update FP info in real time when the GB it is open
so the messages sure with 100% guarantee also won't update the GB info in real time

and the system will not allow any other player have his name to the right of the option
sure

because it would already be so easy to implement that the game doesn't allow 2 players donate for the same place

in short:
InnoGames doesn't care about big losses when donating in the same time

and what is with 1.85 or 1.95 threads ?
why should the game forces everyone to the 1.9 ?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Needs poll.

As long as this is 100% visual only without actually adding FPs or locking players out of placing FPs then this would be fine. But otherwise? My vote is no. It's an open auction not a closed one. You will have players outside the thread looking to place FPs

Let players have 2 options at the moment of ad their GBuildings in a chat: 1.9 option and normal option.
the 1.9 options shows 5 circles in 2 different colors with the amount of FPs of each position of that GBuilding multiplied by 1.9.
A player then can click/tap the circle to let the rest of the players know that he/she will go to the selected position. the name of the player will appear in the selected option.

extra: an indicator with a number which shows how many GBuildings posted with the 1.9 option are still waiting to have 1 or more positions covered with 1.9
This only benefits a very specific strategy. What happens if players figure out a better way of processing FPs and 1.9 becomes redundant? You're either building redundancy into your idea, or building stagnation into it. There's no flexibility if it's a set rate

It'd be far better for such a feature to have custom input so it's flexible to future changes in the game meta

This should not be allowed at all. If you haven't placed the FPs then you haven't won the spot. It doesn't belong to you just because you called dibs in a thread. It only belongs to the player that put the FPs in the fastest at the time of the GB being open to place FPs

My vote: No

Dessire

Regent
and when 2 players click the button at the same time the GB also levels :rolleyes:

and now don't say: that can't happen
the GB doesn't update FP info in real time when the GB it is open
so the messages sure with 100% guarantee also won't update the GB info in real time

sure

because it would already be so easy to implement that the game doesn't allow 2 players donate for the same place

in short:
InnoGames doesn't care about big losses when donating in the same time

and what is with 1.85 or 1.95 threads ?
why should the game forces everyone to the 1.9 ?
You can use 1.85, etc. As is usully used, the only thing is that instead of see one button to ad your GB in a chat, you will see 2 buttons. The 1.9 option and the normal one. Use the normal one if you want use 1.85 or just put your GBuilding because you want it

Emberguard

Emperor
Use the normal one if you want use 1.85 or just put your GBuilding because you want it
If 1.85 players don't need the button then why does 1.9 need it? Surely such a button if implemented should have either multiple selections available, or a custom field to accomodate more then one specific playstyle / stage of development?

CrashBoom

Legend
You can use 1.85, etc. As is usully used, the only thing is that instead of see one button to ad your GB in a chat, you will see 2 buttons. The 1.9 option and the normal one. Use the normal one if you want use 1.85 or just put your GBuilding because you want it
and that is the point
the game would force players to the 1.9 button

but 1.9 is a player decission but not a game decission

what if someone makes the same idea with 1.85 or 1.95 button instead of the 1.9 button ?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
How about an 2.0 button for lvl180 Arc teams? While probably rare I think for an guild with sufficient
lvl180 Arc boosters it'll won't be out of the question entirely. From all boosters 1,85, 1,9 I'm sure that
the 2.0 need it more as they're using even more fps than 1.9.
In my guild at the live server we've agreed to post an update, prior to donating the boost. This has
worked so far good enough. The described accidents are rare. Though I like the thought I'm afraid
it'll be something that works on paper better than in practice. Mainly due to many variations on the
booster teams.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The 1.9 system is an invention of the players. The game should not have built-in support for it. And absolutely should not restrict potential donors to abide by it.

Undesirable things happen - but it's important to understand this is because as players we've created unofficial systems. And it's up to us, not the developers, to find ways to minimize the risks.

Dessire

Regent
You guys instead of let the game have a single feature which does not hurt anybody and do not affect your life and game, you preffer to vote no . . The No votes are just a joke and only shows how you guys preffer see the world burn instead of see it better.

-Alin-

Emperor
-
Who posts the GB attachements in a 1.9 thread in 2021? lol
We use player name-gb-spots 5 4 3 2 1, is much faster and require only one thread, not 10 to fill a guild, lol
Just because people in Your guild are way too dumb or can't avoid being sniped by other team mates this is certainly not a game problem.
All fine and fast for us, no real need for that thing.
Not to mention You had to snipe and donate to players with 10 fps each click few years ago, now You have the option to type the value which is more than enough, again, just because players can't use their brains to calculate the values or are too lazy to do so it is not a game problem.

And Your "system" will make things faster and make the life of snipers a "hell", right? well, consider me a Sniper and a big NO for Your proposal, I prefer to see the whole world burning, as You said.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Dessire how can you conclude such? We simply pointing out the flaws of
your suggestion. I've not even voted yet as I feel its a bit unfair towards your
suggested enhancement before coming up with something to deal with the
flaws we've pointed out.
I can't see how voting either against could set the game on fire and voting in
favour could prevent it. As many years after the Arc's introduction the game
hasn't caught fire as far I can tell and in those years the game lacks the suggested
enhancement.

Emberguard

Emperor
which does not hurt anybody
In its current form it is hurting everybody by stifling the ability to come up with more efficient methods as the game evolves. It’s also removing entire playstyle(s) from the game by design. Would kinda be funny if someone calls dibs and then never places the FPs though xD but again that hurts the owner by not allowing flexibility in who places what and wastes everyone elses time waiting on them or having to reinput the info

If an aid to contributing is added it must be flexible by design so you’re not building redundancy into it and it must be visual only so it’s not interfering with the ability to contribute

CrashBoom

Legend
You guys instead of let the game have a single feature which does not hurt anybody and do not affect your life and game, you preffer to vote no . . The No votes are just a joke and only shows how you guys preffer see the world burn instead of see it better.
you could improve your idea to make it better for the players

set the factor when starting the message

yesterday somebody asked me if I want to join his 1.96 group
so that message would have been created with 1.96

and btw: no is the correct answer
do I support this idea? no
not how it is now

Who posts the GB attachements in a 1.9 thread in 2021? lol
for this idea it doesn't matter what players use in 2021

the idea would be implemented in 2022 or later
so the question would be: what will players use 2023 or 2024 ?

uhh what about 1.85 systems? and 1.95?

this whole fixation around 1.9 is not going to be worth much with arcs growing beyond level 80 :p

therefore, no for me. besides, there are alrd good tools to calculate the right amounts anyways

nice2haveu

Baronet
1.9 does not exist in the game.
Surprising, everyone saying 1.9 not exist in the game or user invention or user choice. But whoever said it, if they have their Arc GB level 80 means they get their bonus rewards of forge points on the basis of 1.9 only. Are they going to say no. Though disliked the idea, but cannot agree with 1.9 not exist in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.