• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Typing in FP to Donate in GB

Frankiedk

Squire
When i type in i want to put in x FP in a building and someone else does it at the same time, it is in NO WAY acceptable, that it throws whats left, if i type in 1000 FPs and there is only room for 800 it should NEVER EVER throw in 800 , it should warn me that there is NOT ROOM FOR 1000, and NOT DROP THE 800 FP

- PC Browser (Chrome)

shad2389

Viceroy
well normally it does not warn you but if you check the number befor adding you should see that there's only 800 in the box eaven if you wrote 1000 if only 800 is still needed it should be writen 800 so check befor clicking the FP logo buton

DeletedUser10047

well normally it does not warn you but if you check the number befor adding you should see that there's only 800 in the box eaven if you wrote 1000 if only 800 is still needed it should be writen 800 so check befor clicking the FP logo buton
This doesn't apply if someone else happens to add FPs at the same time. You are allowed to enter 1000 FPs even if only 800 FPs are needed to level up the GB by the time your donation reaches the server.

Frankiedk

Squire
Well, i typed in 1036, i checked that it was the same number as my calculator said, IT WAS, and then i pressed the DONATE button, and the nag box came up, and i DID NOT check that, but then it only dropped the 800+ into the GB.

THAT is what i find unacceptable, if the number changes after i have checked and pressed the button, it should warn me that the number has changed, and i would have to re-donate AFTER the number has been corrected. I accepted the 1036, i did NOT accept "Whatever".

Andi47

Overlord
I agree!! This is EXACTLY the situation why Inno refused to come up with the "type numbers" system for many years - loosing LOTS of FP because an other player was fater by a split second (or even by half a minute(!), see below). But this can be EASILY resoved:

As Frankiedk sayd, he accepted to donate 1036 FP (and NOT "whatever") after checking with the calculator, that this is the correct sum. When now someone else did a donation, a warning should pop up, something like: "Warning: The situation has changed, <player name> has just donated xy FP" - with possibility to select whether to cancel the donation or to continue anyway.

BTW: After opening the GB window, it does NOT update when someone else donates As it is now, this smells like a bug, but it can also used to resolve the issue above. Pseudo-Flow-Diagram:

1.) I open the GB window.
--> the window gets all relevant data and displays it; it does not update the data unless I donate any FP
2.) anyone else donates (the GB window doesn't get the data yet)
3.) I type a number of FP and click the "donate FP buton"
--> popup the standard message "you are about to donate x FP; continue? y/n"
--> IF I click no, cancel the action (just at it happens now)
--> IF I click yes.....
--> Now the client should get the data of the respective GB and compare with what is temporatry "stored" in the GB window
--> IF different: pop up a warning "WARNING, the situation has changed, player <name> has donated y FP; donate your x FP anyway?"

Frankiedk

Squire
Except for the number of FPs, this exact same thing happened on a different live server, not 5 mins ago to a Guildmate.

Tanmay11

Regent
yeah...been there happened to me.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something with my PC, but whenever i type X amount of fps and click to donate, whenever there's a lag, the Fps are donated but the Typed number stays for a sec or two, giving an illusion as if they went in. when you click the second time double the intended amount goes in.