• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Touch behavior for army unit selection in Mobile WITH DESIGN CHANGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Reason
Main reason to bring this (complicated) design is to avoid scroll, since doing scroll is much complicated every day doing battles. There are other reasons too.
1) scrolling is painful and bringing touch option as a long waiting fact of consistency in mobile.
2) can easily see the available units lower count when it is less than 99 count.
3) Thumb finger action to drag and drop can be used less when touch behavior established.
(Note: really thumb action needs to be reduced as per doctor advice to me as part of stress factor, but this is only for me not sure for others playing in mobile in which it is my 5th year of playing FOE from mobile for the same trouble).
Details
Design changes are planned to avoid horizontal scrolling and bringing touch option in army management screen for Mobile. Mobile hovering popup can be still utilized, no changes from it.
Balance
It will maintain balance.
Abuse Prevention
No Abuse
Summary
Making few design adjustments to overcome the units scrolling option and introducing touch behavior in the army units selection.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Not been suggested already with the given screenshots reference context and design behavior.
Visual Aids
Added visual aids as screenshot already
Bringing touch behavior for army units selection in mobile with additional changes on design. Please see the screenshots for better understanding.
Same design change be implemented for PC too. (Added the poll for mobile, not able to edit the poll for PC inclusion). Hope, Idea suggested will benefit every players with the given design changes in the army management.

GBG or GE battle approach - Army management screen:

ArmyWindow.png

Here, Players can start to pick there army units in mobile with touch option or drag option. If it is a touch or drag and drop option, players has to do it 8 times on 8 units as same as previous. Only difference is players are doing the drag and drop or touch on the same unit type located position until same type unit gets empty. Still scrollbar will be available but only gets like vertical scrolling. No Horizonal scrolling with this design. (actually design mainly focused to avoid horizontal scrolling). Players can be able to pick the heavy units or light units can be picked as usual. Please see the above screenshot for units picking design adjustment.

New design gets some new behaviors to handle, which is for healing and defending army. With the given design, healing can be possible only on the selected army for battle either attacking or defending. OH then, how are we making the defending army from this design.

Defending army, Healing and Removing units Option:

ArmyWindowDefendingSlots.png

As per the picture depicted, at first army management screen displays with attacking army units, it will be moved to defending army screen by clicking blue helmet which then displays empty slots to pick our defending army with touch or drag and drop. Now, Healing can be addressed like selecting one or more units to heal together. so it needs the players to selected the units required healing and click the health plus button icon. Same behavior can be applicable for removing units from the selection where players has to click the units and click the units remove icon. (Note: It can be done with reversal approach too, where players first click the remove/healing icon as deciding step and selecting units one by one to apply action. Both seems to do the job perfectly for healing or removing units from selection).

Surprise opponents battle screen:

BattleSurpriseOpponents.png

This screen will be appear when we opt battle with neighbors surprisingly or some other context, but this scenario comes for sure. Just one change from the design here which is like displaying our attacking army and defending army strength. It is just to fill the space on top of the units stack and to maintain army units selection touch and drag and drop action to be handle with bottom side of the mobile where fingers can make the required action cleanly while holding the mobile.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
New design gets some new behaviors to handle, which is for healing and defending army. With the given design, healing can be possible only on the selected army for battle either attacking or defending. OH then, how are we making the defending army from this design. ??????

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Hiep Lin first by start by reading properly. It's pretty clear and well described. Just read through the proposal and reading the explanations on the pictures.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Sorry for not speaking English and having difficulty understanding.
Facilitate the selection of units: yes
Change unit healing: no.

And in the title is written "in mobile", how can unit healing be different between "mobile" and "pc"?

nice2haveu

Baronet
Facilitate the selection of units: yes
Change unit healing: no.
Actually, while aiming to facilitate the selection of units, unit healing for each units wrapped in a single icon of army unit. Like example given hover tank 99+. You cannot heal the unit which is in kept in the rack, but you can get them selected them into battle and do the healing. SO here, anyhow you are going to use the unit for battle and healing for units which are selected for battle only. Just a restriction for units kept on the rack area. It will be perfect scenario with the design and use-case on the battles.

how can unit healing be different between "mobile" and "pc"?
There is already lot of difference in mobile and pc. having this healing change won't cause any trouble in any way. Best example, PC users selecting the units just by clicking the each units and mobile users painfully doing the drag and drop. Also, in PC you have one extra dropdown in which mobile never get the option itself. Healing will be the same for units at the time of battle. Only place healing getting changed is, our stock pile of units from rack area. Actually not changed - kind of omitting the healing from the rack area in mobile. Honestly, do not know how many PC users will heal their units from rack area.
(Note: Rack area myself referring to white color border table from the screenshots where units gets stored).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Because the PC and Mobile versions are different, should we continue to accentuate the differences?
I vote AGAINST, because I want equity between the versions.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Because the PC and Mobile versions are different, should we continue to accentuate the differences?
I vote AGAINST, because I want equity between the versions.
Please raise your concern as a different idea and do not deviate the idea suggested with equity concern. Agree, when mobile and PC both behave as one then no point of discussing it. But disagree with the versions context since it didn't make any sense. Playing from 0.x.x versions but mobile has the army management different from PC. Requesting to change your negative vote for the suggested idea since idea seems fine and equity doesn't belong to this idea overall (from many versions long ago).

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Your suggestion seems interesting and I remain free to vote according to my convictions.
Who are you to tell me if my reason is valid or not?

Your suggestion for mobile does not ask to become like the PC version but to be much faster in selecting troops.
Already mobiles can play anywhere unlike a PC, so no need to dig the ditch even more!

nice2haveu

Baronet
Who are you to tell me if my reason is valid or not?
Am nobody. Myself kindly requesting you to make the given idea has it own values. Equity matter should not be part of this idea. Thought like , if you are ready to raise a equity concern in a different idea, myself will vote yes for it. Myself only concerned on the idea, that was the only the intention on it. Sorry if it got portrait in a different way.

become like the PC version but to be much faster in selecting troops.
Not faster, bit close to what PC users doing with the units selection. If it is fast, then good to have this idea rite.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Delete your suggestion and redo FOR ALL (PC and mobile) and I will vote in favor.
Doesn't need to be deleted. If any wise developer making design changes if it looks good, they will apply in both. First, idea needs to be get some support. Myself does not play in PC, so cannot make the suggestion you asked for both PC and mobile. If developers decided to do make only changes in mobile and not ready to make changes in PC then it would have been wasted. SO my idea stay the same. Looks like your vote stay as it is.

nice2haveu

Baronet
SO my vote stay the same.
If myself playing in PC, could have created the idea as common for both. Unfortunately till today have not played in PC. If everyone okay to support this design, myself do not have any problem of having this idea getting implemented for PC.

Can do one thing instead of deleting the idea, myself part of EN forum. Will try to suggest this idea for both PC and mobile in EN forum. Hope, it won't break any forum rules.

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
Members if you guys missed to vote, please do it. am happy if you vote negative also. But like to see more count either ways. Will be very happy if you guys vote positive by giving a chance on the game with the suggested design.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Reset option myself didn't even think. My only focus is to make a supportive design in army management which is good when compared with PC. With the new design, able to place the reset units icon if wanted for clearing units selected from either defending or attacking army. But before that, selection of units itself much priority for the mobile and made the design which will work out for pc too for the same context.

Didn't understand why you shared this idea link here and voted negative. If you are willing to explain, may be will get a clear picture. Because design suggested will help the given idea thread too and it is forwarded already and my idea is completely different. Will wait for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.