• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Timer "Next event starts in X days Y hrs Z min"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta567

Baronet
Reason
Convenient way to get an idea when the next event starts.
Details
Add a timer to the homepage which shows remaining time to the next event.
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
Implementation of a small timer X days Y hrs Z min to the next event.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
No
Hi everyone, Since event boxes are no more exist can we get an event timer showing remaining time until the next event? I remember someone suggested to show a timer at the main page somewhere next to a login button. This is simple and easy to implement I guess and it gives an idea when the next event starts. It seems pretty convenient for me.

Attachments

• 2022-09-17 20 43 42.jpg
    2022-09-17 20 43 42.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 15
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
Hi everyone, Since event boxes are no more exist can we get an event timer showing remaining time until the next event? I remember someone suggested to show a timer at the main page somewhere next to a login button. This is simple and easy to implement I guess and it gives an idea when the next event starts. It seems pretty convenient for me.

The problem is that Innogames might not want you know exactly when it starts, because it could be postponed for technical reasons (so they would have to change the timer) and/or just because they want to create expectations and discussions within players. And most people actually didn't care about events starting time, or they wouldn't have dumped the Event Hub, which indicated it.

kawada

Marquis
The problem is that Innogames might not want you know exactly when it starts, because it could be postponed for technical reasons (so they would have to change the timer) and/or just because they want to create expectations and discussions within players. And most people actually didn't care about events starting time, or they wouldn't have dumped the Event Hub, which indicated it.

somehow it was not a problem with surprise box timer

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
somehow it was not a problem with surprise box timer
I imagine that was one of the reasons they decided to get rid of the surprise box.

Personally I would rather have a timer that's subject to change than no timer, but Inno probably just doesn't want to deal with it at all :/ Juber made it sound like nothing is going to change Inno's mind about a timer, so doubt it will be added back (unless they can tie a loss in revenue to it :p )

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I imagine that was one of the reasons they decided to get rid of the surprise box.

Personally I would rather have a timer that's subject to change than no timer, but Inno probably just doesn't want to deal with it at all :/ Juber made it sound like nothing is going to change Inno's mind about a timer, so doubt it will be added back (unless they can tie a loss in revenue to it :p )

Exactly, they just don't want players to notice that the expected release date has changed. It doesn't look good and it kind of puts pressure on the devs.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
They could hand over the hub which can display the time of the next event as well as all of the validated badges.
Thus any player could see, by visiting the city of another and clicking on his Hub, all the badges to get an idea of the style of the player.
A bit like we can already see who is sitting in a player's tavern without even being one of his neighbors or friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.