• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Time Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Much more game variety and effectively new challenges. Later age players will have forgotten how to do battles with earlier era troops in particular and will have to figure out everything else to do a small settlement again.
Details
A technology in 'Space Hub' provides a portal for all players to previous eras (or it could be limited to the Earth bound ones). Players play something like a settlement with buildings and troops from that era. A final reward would be goods and troops from that era. A very late age player might not want to play a very early age, but it could be an interesting challenge in itself and there would be goods to be won to help early age players in the guild and to donate to the treasury. What might be possible would be to make the GvG require personal goods rather than treasury so anyone could play it.
Balance
I can't think of any direct impact on other game features, exceept if my suggestion about goods in GvG were used.
Abuse Prevention
Don't think so.
Summary
Overall game balance is a question but I think this is very general, so it's impact would be spread out and positive. It would probably be necessary to limit the frequency with which the portals can be used to control the amount of new goods and troops coming into a guild. Allowing players to play in their future eras should theoretically be ok, but would likely generate a huge amount of confusion and questions. If anyone could play GvG that puts extra obligation on leaders though it's actually no different from the guild battlegrounds.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes.
Basically provide something similar to setlements to be played in players' previous eras. Possibly allow a player to play in their future eras though that might create loads of problems with people not knowing how that era works.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately since this idea did not get the required amount of support, I cannot forward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.