• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Time between two helpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Reason
A bug that has been installed for years has shifted the time displayed for help on social bars compared to the real time seen in the history.
Details
Instead of waiting for the 24 hours of the last help to take effect, we would be limited to 1 helper, per friend, neighbor or guild member each day with one reset at midnight. (a bit like with battlefield attrition)
Balance
Of course a friend could help me at 11:59 p.m. and 12:01 a.m., but that doesn't change the number of assists overall.
Abuse Prevention
I'm waiting for your ideas because I haven't detected any abuse.
Summary
Adapt the rate of help from friends and neighbors such as GB triggers.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Sorry, if my English is poor I am using Google translate.

Proposal:
Adapt the system of help from friends and neighbors such as GB triggers.

Reason:
A bug that has been installed for years has shifted the time displayed for help on social bars compared to the real time seen in the history.

Details:
Instead of waiting for the 24 hours of the last help to take effect, we would be limited to 1 helper, per friend, neighbor or guild member each day with one reset at midnight. (a bit like with battlefield attrition)

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
Of course a friend could help me at 11:59 p.m. and 12:01 a.m., but that doesn't change the number of assists overall.

Abuse Prevention:
I'm waiting for your ideas because I haven't detected any abuse.

Thank you.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The option to aid two times in a row at 11:59 p.m. and 12:01 a.m would be possible for:
  1. a friend recently added to the friend list aiding the Player for the first time, or
  2. a friend that did not aid the Player yesterday and aids today at 11:59 PM,. and then again (tomorrow) at 12:01 am.
But yes, on the long run, the total aid actions will not be affected. Friends aiding at 12:01 AM will not be able to aid again until 12:01 am of the next day.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
sincerely I searched but my English is not good enough to allow me any certainty.
I am very sure I read this "recently", not sure though if on this forum or the German one, but I also could not find the one I remember in a quick search. the key words "day" an "aid", are both shorter than what the forum search allows... I could find pretty much the same Idea in a way older thread on the German forums though - it was declined mainly because players were against it:

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm talking about using Himeji for example. You can validate your X attempts at himeji 23 hours 50 minutes after your harvest and start another X attempts 10 minutes later.
That’s something else entirely. Production cycle is always 24 hrs no exceptions. We have mo way to lvl up our friends for Aid purposes

Emberguard

Emperor
I created this suggestion precisely because the bug has persisted for several years despite the many reports.
Ok, in that case this statement is inaccurate:
Adapt the system of help from friends and neighbors such as GB triggers.
If it's based on the Alcatraz unit training that's not a GB trigger. It's a Guild Level bonus for training time reduction.

Anyway, while this doesn't sound so bad for Aid I'm wondering how this would effect Plundering? If this is implemented would plundering have the same timer reset as Aid?

Okamiris

Baronet
I am very sure I read this "recently", not sure though if on this forum or the German one, but I also could not find the one I remember in a quick search. the key words "day" an "aid", are both shorter than what the forum search allows... I could find pretty much the same Idea in a way older thread on the German forums though - it was declined mainly because players were against it:

Maybe here https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/23-hour-clock.13245/

Status
Not open for further replies.