• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

This game is NOT suitable for children!

DeletedUser

I think it is outrageous that small kids playing this game are able to make their citizens happy by building Taverns and Inns! What more, our kids can gain profits and ingame advantages by making even more alcohol in their vineyards!

Alcohol kills so many people world wide and it destroys families!
It's the source of violence and of degeneration in our society like once the opiates in China - we can learn all this from history! Lets not repeat that mistake. I think that this game through propagation of drinking is strengthening the worst habits of the rotten western culture and it's consumerism! If our children have to play games, let them be games that show them some higher values rather then enforcing wrong believes and unruly behaviours.

I hope that devs seriously consider this request. :cool:

SF

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. I'm not sure what you get up to in taverns and Inns drinking wine. However I find them to be most dignified of places.

<3

DeletedUser

There is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation. I'm not sure what you get up to in taverns and Inns drinking wine. However I find them to be most dignified of places.

<3

^^^Second that opinion^^^

Children are aware that there is ale houses all around the world.

DeletedUser247

This is why the worlds messed up. too many stuck up people xD

DeletedUser

Killing people is also not allowed so this is really not much more than indeed, a troll :p

DeletedUser

@ Sacredfool - interesting opinion, it could be true but show me please a survey of how gameplay features could influence children's behaviour to support your theory, thanks.
Then we can discuss on a solid base, because i didn't see it like you.

Kind regards
Luis

DeletedUser735

Man i never saw that thing this way , you could change many people thinking. But it is just a part of game and trading there are no video or stuff that could harm children. In my thinking the game is good as it needs Brain and Strategies which could littley help Childern Brain Development and thinking :D Wat you say people? !!!

DeletedUser

In the historical period, drinking water would have given you typhoid or dysentery. Wine and beer were much safer, and drunk by kids too.

DeletedUser

is something better then alcohol in our life ? :D :))) the water is contaminated all around the world.if you want to die drink it ! :)

DeletedUser

@HarrOs what you say is true and well documented ales as a whole are generally weak drinks and its modern day larger which is the problem. and as for this game its a historical game and pubs and taverns were part of historical culture and saying it should be cut out of a game like this is the same as saying we shouldn't teach children about historic battles because they promote violence. the problem with society now is a irresponsibility with alcohol and not the alcohol itself

DeletedUser

You should note that in this time period, taverns and, for the northerners, mead houses, were centers of cultural interaction as much as "dinner and a show" and many coffee houses are today... music, food, gossip, and even games. Respectable taverns were known more for their food and talk than their alcohol, and the alcohol became more of a social aspect, a ticket, persay, to the life... as purchasing a meal at a restaurant meeting today is a ticket to talk to a client or businessman you are working on a deal with. Those who drunk themselves to sleep in the gutters drank at low-profile taverns, which the tavern in game is clearly not, if you note its multiple stories and rather fancy decor.

DeletedUser980

So its alright for someone to run around with a Sub machine gun in a shoot em up but to build inns in a game is wrong. Methinks someone needs to balance their thought patterns out. Every city building game has some type of ale building why would this be different.

DeletedUser1197

Yes it definately going to lead to a unwholesome influence on children....imaginary taverns in a imaginary game....better steer them to more wholesome and thoroughly edifying games from RockStar games like grand theft auto...yes that would be better, let them play gangsters that beat women, shoot cops, deal and do drugs, and carry out hits on other people, yes that would be a better game for you to stear a child to rather than a somewhat HISTORICAL game type.

You do realize that what is now called a tavern is not what a tavern of old was right? A tavern of old was more of a way station on some road within a kingdoms perimeter. what we would call a Hostel these days, a place to put your head down and catch some z's, grab a little grub, and yes, sometimes ingest some alcohol, but more often than not, very few tankards, and not so stout, for you needed to be up at the crack of dawn to hitch your mount/wagon and be on your next stop in your travels.

I think you may be confusing a Saloon with a Tavern, a Saloon was within a towns environs and catered to primarily drunkards and gamblers and in some instances prostitution.

DeletedUser

In some way most people drank "ale" it was called beer , strong beer , and the opposite called small beer , drank by children in the early era`s , mainly because brewed "beer " was cleaner than water. alcohol was minimal in small beer , but better than the nasty little bugs thats still found in water in poor countries today!
i wonder what you as an adult would let your children drink today? small beer or dirty water.. dont forget that most streets had no running water, we in shrewsbury,have a street called "butchers row" where animals were butchered and the blood and guts flowed freely down the street , into the town ,whence maids threw raw sewage onto it , now just think of your children ,drinking water contaminated with this , now get them a glass , and ask them what they might like to drink?