• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

there needs to be a time penalty to re enter a map or increased siege costs

RedRed

Viceroy
Make GvG shields 8-10 hours from conquering, maybe we'll stop the "play @ 20 or nothing" :p

apart of this, they might introduce a "GvG tournment map";
- map shape, landing zones, age of troops, tournment duration, shields duration, HQ tranfers per day, recalculation time(s), all made variable from tournment to tournment;
- cooldown time between tournments (1-2 weeks), with all o some of the variables made available to study strategies and prepare goods/troops;
- final prizes for the better guilds (town hall boosts, points, etc..); even the goals might be variable between tornments...;

> it produce several "new maps" every year (depending on the cooldowns and tournments duration) with relatively small effort of the devs, more fun, data can be collected and they might test what changes might be introduced in the "classic maps"

Last edited:

seashepherd

Farmer
As players raise their Zeus, Aachen, CdM, Orangery, and Kraken to ever higher levels, the strength of attacking armies is always rising, but the strength of defensive armies remains constant. Therefore, over time, it becomes increasingly difficult to hold territory and GvG becomes more dynamic but perhaps also more political. The guild guild power points earned will diminish in importance as a GvG motivation (because expectations about how long sectors can be held will diminish) and battle points earned for the players will rise in relative importance as a GvG motivation. Some players will see this as a feature and some will see it as a bug.

DeletedUser7942

apart of this, they might introduce a "GvG tournment map"
they did, it's called Guild Expedition. I don't think they will ever have any GvG development, they haven't for going on 2 years now since they made the final GvG map, they want PC and Mobile to be the same and GvG makes that impossible but GvG is popular enough they can't get rid of it.

RedRed

Viceroy
they did, it's called Guild Expedition.
Yeah but it is another thing, just like TH is not DC; I like GE because it balance quite well guild needs and personal rewards, and on average you can menage your time. GvG in the other hand has the time coordination and strategy challenges (and you can really stress the opponent, with goods and troops requirements, real losses), this makes them very different, although the scope is the same - guild power.

DeletedUser7942

Yeah but it is another thing, just like TH is not DC; I like GE because it balance quite well guild needs and personal rewards, and on average you can menage your time. GvG in the other hand has the time coordination and strategy challenges (and you can really stress the opponent, with goods and troops requirements, real losses), this makes them very different, although the scope is the same - guild power.
Yes I realize however I don't think IG does. My guess is, and I'm not alone in this, is that GE was the solution to the GvG/Mobile problem and was meant to supplant GvG like Incidents were to Treasure Hunt. And just like Treasure Hunt, GvG also has enough popularity it's like I said they're stuck now because they can't get rid of it and make PC/Mobile equal like they want. I mean don't get me wrong, I would love a new GvG feature, made proposals for it myself and PvP, I'm just not holding my breath for it is all.

DeletedUser7951

For me the most appealing suggestions are :

• Make GvG shields 8-10 hours from conquering, maybe we'll stop the "play @ 20 or nothing"
  • Should the maps be reset every 3 months?
  • More landing zones (but not everywhere)
  • Every era needs a map
  • Include GvG on the app (or at least make a tablet/phone browser version able to play)
Think wiping the maps every 3rd months might be a bit drastic, but perhaps every 6th month is better.
As I don't fight on the All Era Map, I don't really have any thoughts on what would be the best way to get rid of those silly spearmen sectors. GvG could and should be the most fun part of being in a guild. Everything else is pretty much a solo effort.

My background is postmodern, small guild with friends on a small server. Carving out a niche on the GvG map isn't always easy as the older and bigger guilds have drawn up the lines and if not working together certainly don't want the balance to change.

seashepherd

Farmer
I support the proposal that sectors should be shielded for 24 hours from the time of conquest rather than until the next recalc.

I also support the proposal that GvG should be part of the app.